Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2017 Toddlers - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Good luck tonight Charlie, hope Daniel stays asleep! 
    Hows Charlie been sleeping mummytooandc? 

• Options
    Good luck Charlie! Seems strange all these babies going to bed at a decent time. Charlie still rampaging. Will take him out for a 20 minute or so drive in a bit then he’ll wake up when I bring him in then I’ll feed him for 20 mins then may have to take him for another drive. We have got into such bad habits 😫 Then he’ll Still wake up about 8 to 10 times during the night!
  • Options
    Ouch Louise I don’t think I could cope with that bless you you must be knackered. 
    Dizzy he’s not been too bad I just worry about him still wearing grobags but then I don’t want him getting out of his quilt and being cold is anyone else still using them??
  • Options
    He slept all night in his bed he woke up at 4.30
  • Options
    Hope they all behaved last night
  • Options
    Hi ladies just thought I’d tell you our experience with the no sleeping bags ...Ollies been out his for about 2 months and he’s never slept better ... he doesn’t always go in the quilt but he doesn’t ever seem to wake up cold.. I wish we had done it sooner 
  • Options
    Thanks Lillian Charlie is still in his atm but I’m starting think that now he’s able to walk round his bedroom their more dangerous then good 
  • Options
    We’re still in grobags but we’re also still in the cot. Won’t be long till we’re into the bed I think. 
    Am glad they seem to be sleeping well in their beds :)
  • Options
    Daniel went to sleep better tonight dad went up and just said to him u know the difference between me and mum I don’t care so he cried for 10 minutes and then got in bed and went to sleep 
  • Options
    Aww bless him Charlie that’s what my other half was like with Charlie the other night although last night him and Olly were both restless. I feel so rough today I went out last night with my work friends and had a little too much too drink two screaming kids are not ideal the next day 
  • Options
    Hope you get chance for a little sleep this afternoon Kayleigh xx We’ve lived here about a month now and still haven’t even put Charlie’s cot back together as he never goes in it. He sleeps like a starfish in the middle of our bed which was fine when he was a little baby but now he takes up most of the bed with us squished up either side of him trying not to fall off the edge! 
  • Options
    Aww louise I sympathise with you Ollie slept with us for just one night on holiday and I think all three of us hated it .. he soon slept through every night after lol ... it’s the first time he’s ever slept with us. 

How is the pregnancy going? Have u done anymore tests ?
  • Options
    Oh god I cnt imagine sharing my bed with any of the boys lol sharing it with my partner is bad enough 😂 I love to spread out. Have you thought about making it into a bed now? 
    Are you home now Lillian?
    i agree with Lillian Louise have you tested since 
  • Options
    Haven't tested again but had another bit of bleeding a few days ago so am not hopeful. I need to ring the hospital and see if they'll scan me but I have the children all the time so can't go. I might ring tomorrow and see if I can get an appt when they're back at school but I'll still have Charlie. I don't know if they'll let me go with him. 
    My hubby wants me to see about getting the medicine the paediatrician wanted to give me to help Charlie sleep  but I'm not keen. Although I do feel like my hubby has been very reasonable about being squashed up in bed and not getting much sleep for nearly 2 years as not many men would put up with it. So I don't know what to do 😔
  • Options
    Hope you all get more sleep tonight. I don’t think I could sleep with J in bed, we both move around too much! 
    Definitely see if you can get a scan Louise. Is there a reason Charlie isn’t sleep properly? How many times does he wake now? 
  • Options
    Yes we’re struggling now. Starting to dread going to bed. I think it’s just bad habits he’s got into. I always held him and never let him go to sleep by himself and I always fed him to sleep. He can wake up to 10 times for milk. He goes back to sleep but it’s tough never getting a decent stretch of sleep. 
  • Options
    Louise I’m not saying for one min our sleep routine is great and you have other children to worry about sleep to but we use to have a dummy and Ollie the owl and then when he woke up in the night gave Ollie milk and since jan we have taken all those things away .. and he’s never slept better (defo not perfect) it only really took three nights on each occasion for him to learn that was the new norm.. apparently it’s proven three is the magic number. I even took Ollie the owl away when my husband was away because I didn’t want him stressed through it. Both you and hubby must be really patient... have you thought about just trying it out putting him into his coat again ? 

We are just on the way back to Nottingham now .. had a fantastic time.. Ollie throw a few tantrums but then he does that anyway lol 
  • Options
    Yes we need to do something. I just can't bear the thought of him crying. I'm going to put the cot up when I get chance and try it. It's just so hard as he's fed to sleep and then if I lift him into the cot he'll wake up but I guess I've got to try. Glad you had a fab holiday. Bet you are exhausted! 
  • Options
    Yeah I am but it was Worth it :) 
  • Options
    Glad you had a fab holiday Lillian,
    louise it is really hard to break or change habit and routine. 
    We have always stayed with Joseph untill he’s fallen asleep, but since bs accident I’ve tried to just leave him. 
    My parents brought my double buggy down this weekend, I’m not sure I can part with my icandy so I’m going to sell the donkey 🙈
    hope everyone is ok x