Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2017 Toddlers - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    Mine are coming through again now but coming to my junk still rather than inbox 
  • Options
    This weather is insane 31 degrees in Ollies room 
  • Options
    Hope it's cooled down for everyone. It has here. Hope ur weekend goes well everyone I'm going to be stuck at work 
  • Options
    My notifications also stopped Charlie’s was the first to come through, it’s been unbearable here so bloody hot the boys have been sleeping in pants and vests with fans on there’s just no breeze I’m hoping it’ll be cooler today 
  • Options
    I know Saoirse is the only girl but its amazing how different she is with words, even compared to Patrick. I asked the nursery what she was saying and she says: mummy daddy patrick no hi bye milk more lolly snack and she does the makaton signing for nappy, more, snack, happy, sad etc. Shes still manic and her meltdowns are ramping up. 

We've got patricks formal autism assessment on 6th Aug. He has started saying 1 2 3 4 and doing the alphabet 
  • Options
    Wow that’s fab katt! Clever little girl!! We got Charlie’s formal autism diagnosis yesterday 😢
  • Options
    Already? Thats quick. Saoirse's is still suspected and waiting on a peads appt but that could still be another 6 months but its helping with her being in the special nursery. Even after Patrick was seen, it has taken a year for his formal assessment.
  • Options
    Aww Louise sending big hugs xx hope u have a nice day today at Alton towers x
  • Options
    We got absolutely soaked at Alton Towers but Thankyou Lillian xx
    Yes it is quite young katt to be diagnosed. It was a different diagnosis process to my older ones. They were referred by the paediatrician to a consultant at the hospital which took a long time but Charlie has been seen by a consultant paediatrician in the community and when she saw his speech therapy report she was happy to diagnose him without him going to hospital. Just glad now that he has the diagnosis and can now try and get an EHCP for him. 
  • Options
    Ollie is strange with his speech he says complicated things like teletubbies and knows all the names of them except po(?) his first animal was turtle but he doesn’t say cat 🤷🏼‍♀️ He’s got really random words but now he’s trying to say names like he sAys Ery for my sister Kerry and he’ll sign pretty much all theme tunes and songs he likes in his own way.. it’s funny cuz you know what their saying but none else does 😂
  • Options
    Louise that is sad chIck but like you said at least things can be put into place to help Charlie which can only be a good thing.
    charlie’s language has really come on the last few weeks there’s still no sign of his 2 year review tho 

• Options
    Like the ladies said hopefully Charlie (and you) will get the support needed. He will get there and flourish bless him. 
    Joseph has come on loads since being at nursery but feel so bad I’m still sending him whilst being at home. We’ve had a lovely weekend with my parents and a few cheeky gins 😊 xx
  • Options
    Aww that’s lovely bincey :) 
    i still send Ollie two days while im
    home, he enjoys it plus keep it familiar to him for him he goes back.
  • Options
    How is everyone getting on?
  • Options
    We are good ! Ollie is super funny I’ve made his review appointment for the 5th of September ... his new thing is to tell me where to go by holding my hand and moving me... 
  • Options
    Hi all, we might be totally wrong remembering this, but did any of your guys have a toddler that would climbs out their cot at bedtime? If so, might you be able to offer some advice on this thread please? 
  • Options
    Haha think that one was Katt’s little Patrick bless him !
  • Options
    Haha think that one was Katt’s little Patrick bless him !
    Thanks for letting me know @Lillian2410 @katt1906 hopefully you can help. x
  • Options
    Yeah wasn’t J, he’s falen out of it but not intentionally 🤦‍♀️ 
    Yes J does that Lillian, he pushes me away if he wants me to stay in a spot or walks me to wear he wants to go. 
  • Options
    I’ve got Charlie’s review on August 14th. We’re ok thanks dizzy. Busy plodding through the summer hols