Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ovulation test strips

Replies

• Options

oh babes i had every thing crossed for you, what tests are you using?? your not out till af shows so il still keep my fingers crossed for you xx

• Options

Def not out yet Janice... even the early predictor tests can be unreliable this far in advance of your due AF. 

keep us posted.

• Options

I just used an internet early detection test on Saturday and just used a normal first response one on Sunday.. not the early detection one..I know my AF isn't due til Sunday but I ovulated early at 9 days (well had a very strong positive ovulation test result)  so in theory I'm 15 DPO today so even though I'm not technically due until Sunday i thought 14 DPO was a good time to test. Too worried to test again now so will see if she comes on Sunday if not will POAS again image xx

• Options

with my pregnancy I used first response early detection when i was a day late for my period & still got a negative result but a few days later got positive with a normal test.... fingers crossed for you for sunday... If not... We will be in the ttc boat together next month so can keep each other company! Fingers crossed you wont need that though! image

• Options

Aww Thanks SW2.. Will just see and yes even if AF does arrive this month at least we can compare and chat next monthimage..Will update in a few days as I know how inpatient I am I will more than likely test before Sunday I will be trying very hard not too though.xxx

• Options
    Bloody hell I'm all over the place. .. knew I wouldn't be able to resist. . Did another internet cheapy and got another faint line this morning.. darker than 2 days ago (don't have to squint as much to see it) also just looked at my PT tracker and I'm actually due my AF Saturday. . So I have one FR left so I'm defo going to hold out until Saturday/Sunday to do that one.. I just feel once that comes back positive I can sort of have confirmation I'm defo pregnant. . Eeeek excited and scared all at the same time. Xxx
  • Options

Oh wow babes thats fab!! i was the same as you tested every day couldnt help it lol with my first response i got a strong positive the day before af was due image so excited xxx

• Options

FFS (sorry for swearing) I'm all over the place now Sarah and have no-one else to speak too apart from you guys on here, as I'm at work at the moment and no-one knows I'm even trying, I have literally just come back from the toilet and I'm bleeding image I still feel very nauseous though and I didn't even have AF cramps so really wasn't expecting to see blood, I'm 4 days early too image god knows what my bloody body is doing. I have 2 boys aged 13 years (prescribed clomid for him) and 6 years (totally out of blue pregnancy) didn't realise how stressful it can be when your TTC..... xxx

• Options

Hi babes,

OMG your really going through hell huni! i would book to go see your doctor huni and ask for blood test, that will give you a defo answer, i know how heart braking it is to have a faint positive test then start bleeding its horrid xx

• Options
    Oh you poor thing Janice!! Such a blummin roller coaster!! I would get yourself to the doc as Sarah suggested. X
  • Options

How are you doing today Janice?

• Options
    The full blown witch has come.. a bit gutted but fine.. going to start ovulation testing when she clears off so back to the drawing board.. image how you getting along? Xxx
  • Options

Hi huni

Sorry the evil witch got you this month image xxx

• Options

Ah boo! image. Sorry to hear that Janice. Keeping everything crossed for you for next month! X

• Options
    Thought I would just see how your getting on SW2? I ditched the ovulation strips this month and just chilling and enjoying the monthimage I have got over my very faint positive and then the witch getting me. . I'm still hoping it will happen soon but going to stop obsessing so much over it. Xx
  • Options

Hey! Good to hear from you Janice! image. Well... My AF arrived today... A day early... i was sad about it to begin with as every AF since the m/c just seems like a painful reminder that im not pregnant anymore... But then i tried to shake that off & will be thinking positively about this month for trying! image. Doesnt the 2ww DRAG though!! Lol... I know what people mean now when they say how tough it is... & constantly analysing every. 'Symptom' you might be having! 

glad you're doing ok! When are you thinking you might ovulate this month?

i brought a pack of the cb digital ov tests so will use them this month.

good luck to us both! image

• Options
    Hey... yes couldn't agree more about

he 2WW.. But glad your upbeat out this month. . I'm not sure when I will ovulate imon day 9 since my period the same time I ovulated last cycle but haven't don't OV test just going with it image Been doing alot of getting down to buisness and going to keep doing that til my AF arrives. Not even going to do a test until I'm a day late. .

Even after just a couple of months oftrying an one month of tracking ovulation I have realised how stressful it is to do that so just going to go with the flow. . Good luck to you and will check in with you soon. Take care speak soon. Xx
  • Options

Hi Janice, sorry to highjack your thread. Just noticed you mentioned how you'd ovulated early last month and were still working out your dates from your original AF due date. I'm not an expert but from my research once you've ovulated you enter the luteal phase which remains the same each month (usually 13/14 days). it is only the follicular phase (pre-ovulation) that is variable each month. So in theory once you ovulate, AF will arrive 13/14 days later even if your ovulation was early. Hope this makes sense, As it means AF didn't arrive early for you last month. Sorry if you already know this and I'm speaking out of turn but I didn't want it to effect any future calculation if you're charting. Plus I know how frustrating it all is without thinking your body is playing tricks. Good luck for this month image 

• Options
    Hi faithryan, no I don't mind at all image yes I understand what your saying. . However my AF did arrive early last month it was 4 days early which would tie in with when I ovulated on day 9 as when my AF arrived it was 14DPO.. This month im not using OV tests or wondering what every niggle is image I'm just going to go with the flow and if nothing happens I may start tracking again. . What's your story (if you are trying) I really enjoy reading about other people's experience's?

Take care and speak soon. Xxx
  • Options
    Sorry I think I confused myself.... I have just re-read your comment. .. and no I know what you mean I didn't get my AF early as such it was just I was 4 days early from when I thought I was due, but technically I wasnt as I did come on 14 days after ovulation. . image haha flipping heck its all so mind boggling image xxx