Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feb 16 Babies

Replies

• Options

How you doing MrsN1985? When is your due date?

• Options

my wee man just seemed restless all night. I also don't know how but if I do the 3/4am feed it takes 30 mins but takes my husband 90 mina. He's back to work on Monday so during the night feeds will be all me so letting him do them now but feel a bit guilty

• Options

MrsN1985, we think it's your due date today - is that right? We're all thinking of you!

• Options

My little man is a fan of being cuddled takes me ages to get him to settle in his bed 😴😴

• Options

Our little guy is a bit jaundiced. He also is a heavy sleeper! I have to wake him up every 2-3 hours to nurse him. At night I let him sleep and wake up on his own when he's hungry, which is about every 4 hours. The only thing that I'm finding, like many of you ladies are, is that he hates sleeping in his bassinet. He likes it most if we hold him or he falls asleep on my chest. Ugh. It makes me nervous but it's the only way he will sleep. I have this app on my phone called Feed Baby. It helps keep track of when I nurse him, his dirty diapers, etc. It also tracks sleep so I have been keeping track of how long he sleeps in other places other than our arms. It might only be 50 mins in his bassinet at a time but at least it's something. 

• Options

Ok guys here goes a tmi question for anyone thats had 

• Options

Sorry hit send by mistake so for anyone that has had a section here's my question. I am not constipated as have gone every day since the section but when going the pain i am getting deep in my bottom is incredible, it feels like just before it is about to come out it is cramping, told you tmi, any one experience this????

• Options

I felt like my wound would open at first and have had s weird pressure feeling in my back. Was fine for a while but slightly constipated now. I get a pain in my lower back when I urinate but not sure if I'm just not drinking enough?

• Options

Hi ladies 

I've been meaning to stop by but having twins im so busy the days just fly in! My babies are feeding every three hours we let them wake us during the night but during the day we stick to a strict every three hours to ensure they feed at the same time. I find it really hard to comfort them at the same time its a nightmare they both want cuddled to sleep. Here's a pic of my little odd couple twins. imageimage

• Options

My visiting midwife said to drink cranberry juice and to be drinking 2l of water. She also said to go the toilet often as body doesn't always recognise the need to pee cues.

I've gone the other way and have had quite an upset tummy. I think it has a lot to do with being very anxious as was mainly getting it when I was stressing with the wee man.

My health visitor recommended using olive oil for his dry skin so after his bath I gave him a massage with this and he has settled down quite happily. Hoping after his next feed he's still relaxed enough to go to sleep quickly

• Options

Bluerani, the girls are simply amazing! And what a fabulous head of hair on your top twin - they're just gorgeous!

• Options

Aw thanks Danielle. First thing the medical staff said to me when they got sophia out was "wait to you see the hair" she comes after her daddy image

• Options

Thanks ladies, I'm drinking 2 litres a day and trying to eat lots of fibre rich foods. I'm also getting pains when I pee right across the bottom of my tummy, but guess we have to remember what we went through under the surgeons knife!!!!!  Has anyone felt a bit weepy, just hit me today feeling very emosh 

• Options

Gorgeous girls bluerani X

was the same at first Jcdg also been emotional although mine is mainly cos I'm anxious to make sure my eldest doesn't feel left out and when he said mummy doesn't like me anymore my heart broke.

When I had my first katt1906 was told olive oil now been told vegetable Oil or rap so bought rapeseed as didn't feel right using beh oil. Only bathing my fella once a week with a top and tail daily. 

• Options

Thanks mummytortoise. 

ive been really emotional sometimes I just look at my babies and cry with happiness lol. 

Jcdg I get the same thing with the cramping it can be really painful but i just put it down to my body trying to get back to normal. I keep forgetting Ive had surgery, my health visitor said she thought I was moving great but when you have two babies I dont really have a choice I've just had to get on with it! 

ive been using coconut oil on one of my babies dry skin and its worked amazingly well 

• Options

Thats exactly what I've doing Bluerani I just look at her and feel like my heart is gonna bust and then i'm all filled up with emotion. My husband has been called into work tomorrow for a few hours and think cause she's only a week tomorrow i feel a little anxious but know i'll be grand just csuse its the first time.xx

• Options

My husband is on his way home from his first day of work now which means Evander and I just about made it through our first day alone.  AND I got him to take two full naps in the portable folding bassinet instead of my arms!  Hopefully this means that he will sleep in it tonight and we can get more sleep!  

• Options

I'm on to outfit number 4 for the wee man, he keeps throwing up milk.

The hiccups have now gone and I've got him in his Moses basket but he isn't for sleeping. I'm trying the dummy to see if it works. It seems to stop him crying but not put him to sleep.

My husband said hr would do the 3/4am feed so I'm just sitting with him downstairs until he is sound. It is just frustrating when they sleep so well during the day but night is so different.

If only there was an instruction manual

• Options

So my twins sleep perfectly during the day and I can't get them to settle at night today we bought a next to me cot for them, well more for me as I was having to get in and out of bed to comfort them, all they have done since midnight is cry for milk and then sick it all up. It's just frustrating. 

• Options

Really wish there was an instruction manual!!! ava pretty much slept all afternoon now been up loads in the night!! Got midwife and breast feeding support coming in morning so no lying in bed there!!! This whole just me feeding business is killing me I can't wait to express!!!