Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

December 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

Charlotte is 4 months on Saturday. This picture was at 11.5 weeks. 

• Options

Does she have oral thrush? My friend's baby really struggled eating with this. 

• Options

I've had a look at her tongue and doesn't seem to be too white, looks more like milk residue. i will ask the doctor about it tomorrow though as this wasn't something I'd thought of. 

Cant believe she's teething already though - she's only 13 weeks I thought this didn't happen until 4/5 months! X

• Options

My friends baby had green poos and it was a growth spurt (they went green every time she had one) but it can be a sign of infection. My little girl has had thrush since I had antibiotics for an infection 4 weeks ago her tongue has been coated in white really bad you'd know it was thrush, she didn't struggle to feed until I got it in my breasts she started refusing breast and beating them up 😩

• Options

Green poo can be many things - what they have eaten, medicines, infection & yes the acidic saliva from teething can impact too.

Baby can be born with teeth Smith123, there is no set time for them to emerge (my Hannah cut her first at 9wks old & then waited until 9mths to cut the next 3 simultaneously, fortunately the other 3 children waited a bit longer )

• Options

Thanks everyone got your advice. Jademarieb, I hope you're little one and you both get better soon. 

KazzieM, I can't believe you're little one cut at 9weeks!!! I knew babies could be born with teeth but thought it was very rare and threat teething usually began around 4 months - I should maybe start reading up more!! 

I try not to read too much info on Internet as everything is so conflicting so just go off other peoples experiences but maybe I should do a little reading 😂😂

• Options

Hey everyone, 
    We wanted to drop by and let you know about a sponsored discussion we're running, with a £100 voucher up for grabs. Just come and tell us about reading with your child! All the details about how to enter can be found on this thread. Good luck! 

• Options

Hi everyone, 
    We wanted to just drop by and let you know about 2 threads we're chatting about today.

The first is if have a child and you also have pets too, do they get on? That thread is here
    The second thread we're chatting about is if you have a child at nursery or school, is their nursery or school very close to a main road? That thread is here. 

We would love to hear from you! 

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about a new product test we've just kicked off. It's for the new range of Baby Dove Rich Moisture products and if you're chosen to take part, you could also win a £100 voucher for your feedback. 

Find out all about it on this thread here.  

• Options

Hello every one just a quick post 

smith 123 Josephine is teething as well ! 

Not been to bad with if just chewing her hands and bib and blanket a lot no crying as of yet 🙏🏻 

My little boy was a week off of 4 month he had a tooth and the next one came just 3 weeks later ! So I'm thinking she's following him 

hope all babies are well xx

• Options

Matthew & Amelia are now 5mths & 5days old. They are happily taking 7oz bottles of milk but have gone off their food slightly with teething. They love carpet time when they can kick & roll around on the floor (Matthew even prefers napping on the floor 😂).

Mummy has been having fun, not! Blood loss & cramping has seen me stop taking the mini pill, having to take pregnancy tests (both urine dip & blood), having swabs & having an ultrasound scan. Urgent referral to gynaecology has now concluded that I have retained placenta in the uterus & I am now awaiting a call to go in for surgery 😭

Alongside this my 5yr old has caught chicken pox from her school & is now on day 6. As she is naturally affectionate it is nigh inevitable that the other 3 children are going to catch it from her & I am now symptom spotting from here on for the next fortnight.

Trying to move home is proving stressful, coupled with the burial of my late mother in law at the start of the holidays & both hubby & I are also watching out for symptoms of shingles. Hubby has been unwell with raised blood pressure though seems to be improving (fingers crossed).

Hope everyone else is fairing better as Easter closes in.

• Options

Oh my KazzieM it sounds like you're having a bad/hectic time!! Hopefully you'll get to enjoy some of the Easter weekend.

Florence is doing well but she's starting waking up lots in the night now (when she used to do lane 11hr stint); she doesn't cry but just chatting away to herself and chewing her hands. 

Has anyone else had this? She's 15 weeks old now. X

• Options

Wow KazzieM, it really does all come at once - so sorry you're having a particularly hard time of it right now - so much to contend with. Please do let us know when you're booked for surgery - is it quite a straightforward procedure? 

Smith123, does Florence resettle herself or are you having to go in? 

• Options

Florence is still in the bedroom with us so I get up and put white noise on and sometimes give her a dummy but she's so busy sucking her own hands she quite often spits the dummy out so I take it back! I've not had to pick her up yet but she's not getting a lot of sleep :(

• Options

Could well be teething Smith123, and possibly hitting a new milestone? It's great she's not crying - hopefully she'll start resettling herself soon. 

• Options

Yes Smith123, Amelia wakes & 'sings' for around 30minutes every morning (if you think of that song "Loving you is easy cause your beautiful.." Amelia has those Ah-Ah trills down pat 😂). Mind you, it's a tad better than Matthew who wakes for a night feed, takes around a third of it before dosing off then wakes again 20-30minutes later for the rest 🙄

Danielle, I have just had the phone call, they want me in at 7 tomorrow morning. The procedure is much akin to a D&C, they will insert a camera to inspect the womb lining before scraping away the product that shouldn't be there. It is a 'day' procedure so I should be in & out tomorrow so long as nothing goes hideously wrong (worst case scenario I wind up needing a hysterectomy which after 4 children I think I could live with...). Nervous about things but mainly just need to fill up on food & drink by midnight (I'm nil by mouth from that point) & trust hubby to manage with the Fab Four until my return (or call my sister for help, though he is pretty proud/stubborn when it comes to admitting he is out of his depth).

• Options

Good news you're on the move KazzieM and all booked in - hope tomorrow goes smoothly and your husband doesn't crack under the pressure of 4 (when my husband is left with our two, he's usually a gibbering wreck!). Please let us know the outcome and all went well won't you? 

• Options

Smith123 Amara is 17 weeks and has been doing this (waking up lots eating hands) since 14-15 weeks it's got so bad now shes constantly chewing her hands and barely sleeping, been using calprofen when it gets really bad and she unsettled she's even got a rash from the dribble which someone suggested use the nappy rash cream on and that has been clearing it up. 

• Options

Hi jademarie, good to know I'm not alone with this!! Do you think it's teething then? I thought this but she never seems upset by it so wasn't sure. She just chats away to herself and chews hands!! She is certainly teething as she sometimes squeaks in pain in the day and she's constantly putting her fingers on her gums slabs dribbling so maybe they are bugging her in the night but not giving her pain? X

• Options

smith123 im thinking it's teething mixed with 4 month regression. The teething has just the last week made her scream in pain (random screaming fits) and we can see white bits under her gum in 2 places weirdly in canine area, before that it was just a lot of hand knawing and dribbling but that was when her sleep stared to get affected but we have been using absenol it's great she stops eating her hands for a good hour in the day and helps her go back to sleep. Im pretty sure it effects some babies worse than others though so hope your DD stays good with it and they dont bother her too much x