Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

December 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

Flushed cheeks is a classic teething symptom. Matthew & Amelia are chomping away on their Nuby teething rings most days now. 

I'm a bit miffed at having gone nil by mouth all morning to be sent home without procedure being done  (they can't guarantee that the 2 women who were still waiting from yesterday will get done today either 😢) so now have to repeat the nil by mouth tomorrow just in case, Tuesday is the latest I will be allowed to wait. 

• Options

Hi KazzieM - any news on your surgery? We hope it's all over and done with now? How's the teething and sleeping going Jademarieb and Smith123

We're just stopping by to ask, what do you wish you had known about breast or bottle feeding? Please do come and tell us if it's about breastfeeding on this thread, and if it's about bottle-feeding over on this thread

Also, today is your last chance to sign up to be a product tester for the new Baby Dove Rich Moisture range. If you fancy taking part, find out how to be in with a chance of being a tester right here

• Options

Hi everyone,
    We wanted to let you know about a baby names thread we're chatting about today. We're asking, did you pick your baby name before you met your baby? Please do come and tell us over on this thread. 

And we currently have this sponsored discussion - you could win a £100 Amazon voucher just for posting a reply - all you need to do is tell us about what outdoor activities you play with your kids (and if you post pics, you get entered twice into the draw!). You've got to be in it, to win it, as they say!  

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well. 
    We've started a new thread today, which is (based on a survey) about mums-to-be having a preference about the sex of their unborn baby and we wondering, if you had a preference? If so, please do come and tell us what you make of this over on this thread here. We'd truly love to hear if you think survey is hogwash, or true. 

• Options

Hi all, sleeping still hit and miss with Florence waking randomly between 2 and 5 times a night. I don't get her out of bed, just put Ewan the sheep on and give her a dummy (only if she's wide awake from hand chewing!).

been for her 16 week jabs this morning, what has everyone's experience been post jabs? X

• Options

Smith123, from my experience, be prepared! Charlotte was very unsettled for 3 days. Little sleep, very irritable, off milk and the injection sites were red, swollen and hard. This has been the case for us and a few friends, but others have said their babies were fine. 

Hope it goes ok for you.

Charlotte's teething and is off her food and has loose stools :( Feel so helpless. 

x

• Options

Thanks MrsO1 I'll be prepared then!! Her injections were at 12pm and she's already showing signs of being irritable....I'm in for a long 3 days as my OH has just gone away eith work for 3 weeks :(

• Options

Well extra good luck. It'll pass but it's not pleasant x

• Options

Thanks Hun! 

• Options

Oh smith123 I feel for you on your own hopefully she won't be too bad. 

Amara had hers late due to a viral infection pushing back the 12 week ones, so she had 16 week on weds this week. It has been a very bumpy ride since, Horrific temp that took until yesterday about 5pm to go, it went over 39 degrees (only just) the calpol only bought it down to 37.8, calprofen managed it the best so we stuck to that after, doc recommended use one or the other but one is usually better than other for bringing the temp down. She is still being sick from it now and has been very hard to settle for bed tonight.

She was bad after the 8 weeks, I ended up taking her to out of hours as her temp wouldn't go even with Calpol. 

Anyway I have my fingers crossed she's back to norm in morning. Hope your little one gets over it fast 🤞🏻X

• Options

Hi everyone, 
    We wanted to stop by and let you all know about some threads we're talking about today.

We're asking what surprised you most about giving birth? That thread is here.
    We're also asking if you think this is true: New parents apparently lose 657 hours of sleep a year: do you think that's true or way off the mark? That thread is here

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're all doing well. 
    We wanted to let you know about a new thread we're chatting about today. We're asking, if you have more than one child - when they were newborns, did your children look the same? Check out the thread for an awesome pic from one of the new mums in our Due in April 17 thread. You can find it right here. 

• Options

Hello everyone,

Post surgery they have determined my problem to be linked to my c-sec scar & have biopsied the tissue for testing (awaiting results).

Hoping we may have escaped further chicken pox outbreaks though will know for sure over the next 24hrs.

Matthew & Amelia are now 24wks & 3days old, both are eating a jar of food per day alongside their bottles of milk. We are turn taking in the jumperoo (both love to bounce) & have been practising sitting on the sofa with everyone else. Both are very sociable babies with lots of smiles & giggles to offer.

Hope everyone else is well. X

• Options

Aww KazzieM they're gorgeous and look so grown up sat on the sofa!! Are they talking yet? Crawling?

Florence is 17 weeks and is still experiencing some regression during sleep and waking around 3:30/4am and I'm having to play white noise and occasionally give her dummy and she dozes back off but not for long - we eventually get up about 5:30/6am. I'm wondering whether I'm disturbing her in my sleep and whether she should be in her own room now? Plus she's getting seriously big for her crib now and nearly every morning she manages to wriggle so much she end up sideways in the crib and gets stuck!!

has anyone moved their LO into their own room yet and if so, how did you/they find it? X

• Options

Smith123, I moved Charlotte into her own cot in her own room a couple of days before she was 4 months. I know you're not supposed to but she's 99.6th length and we'd moved her from a Moses to a crib and she was outgrowing that too! It was fine. No problems at all. I started by putting her in the cot in her nursery for naps in the day and the nightime transition went really well. 

I am also disturbed less with all the grunting, although you can still hear most over the baby monitor.

She managed to turn herself 180° last night so when I went in she was upside down to the way i left her!

Good luck

• Options

Hi KazzieM, how are you doing at the moment? Did they get to the bottom of your problem post surgery yet? The twins look amazing - so similar! 

Smith123, have you decided to make the big move yet and pop Florence in her own room? I can remember that 3.30am wake up all to well. Was so painful. 

MrsO1, it's always so funny when you find the baby in a totally different place where you left them the night before in their cot isn't it! 

While we're here, we just wanted to let you know abut a new thread - today we're chatting about your pregnancy symptoms: were yours better or worse, or maybe just different, with a boy or a girl? That thread is here! 

• Options

imageI think someone got jealous of mummy. 

Matthew went to A&E with a fever of 40 & projectile vomiting last night. A urine sample shows infection so he is on antibiotics but because of his weight can't take them orally so is having them injected via canula. We may also be at the start of chicken pox (Drs say he is still within the incubation period) so have our own room on children's ward. Waiting for any spots to emerge. 

Still waiting on my biopsy results just to add to the fun. Hopefully not too much longer  (& hopefully no phone call means nothing major )

Hope everyone else is ok.

• Options

Cripes KazzieM, we've only just seen your update - how is Matthew? Please do let us know he's ok? Was it chicken pox? And have you had your biopsy results back yet? 

Hi everyone else too, 

We were wondering, as you've all experienced labour quite recently (is it a distant memory yet?) might you be able to help us out with this thread please? 

We're asking, what were those really early, first signs of labour for you - the ones before contractions start. If you'd like to tell us, please could you come and post them on this new thread here. We'd really appreciate it! 

• Options

Hello, Matthew had a UTI only fortunately BUT his weight is causing concerns again. He is just hitting the lowest centile so is now on catch up formula & under dietetics until further notice. 

In the meantime both babies are 'chatterboxes' babbling away  (although Amelia is the foghorn who shouts her opinions over everyone else 😂). Both have started trying to sit unaided though wobbly. Both are lifting themselves onto all 4s though no crawling yet. First teeth are on the gumline ready to cut 😣

Hope everyone else is ok.