Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

December 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

KazzieM, did they figure out what had happened to you post surgery? Are you ok now? Sorry to hear about Matthew's UTI and his weight - but glad you're getting good support. 

• Options

KazzieM

Don't worry too much about the teeth. Charlotte has 2 and neither was as far as I thought. Just lots of drooling!! She has had her dummy more than normal but not at all in the day.

• Options

KazzieM

Don't worry too much about the teeth. Charlotte has 2 and neither was as bad as I thought. Just lots of drooling!! She has had her dummy more than normal but not at all in the day.

• Options

Apparently because I have Ehlers Danlos hypermobility type my scar tissue has somehow caused my uterus lining to thicken. My periods are heavier & longer but at least they are settling down to a routine now  (before I would literally get a day with no bleed before it would start again ).

Matthew is fine in himself & the new formula seems great  (you can see he's starting to fill out in his face a bit more & it is staying down easier as he has less of it but it has over twice the calories ). His only down is that he wants to be on the go but gets quickly frustrated when he can't get anywhere himself. 

• Options

imageOur first time sitting in the trolley. 

• Options

Hi All how is everyone doing? Weve all gone a bit quiet these days havent we?

im wondering if anyone has started weaning yet and if so what did they start with?

Laura x

• Options

Hi Laura

I started this week and we're both really enjoying it.

I started Charlotte on baby porridge in the morning and purees at lunch.  She tries a new flavour vegetable every day and I batch cook them and freeze them in portion pots/ ice cube trays. I'll give her some fruit flavours once she's used to the veg.  I am going to try to combine purees and baby led later. 

Claire x

• Options

How old is Charlotte? Florence has cows milk protein allergy so am supposed to be getting a dietitian appointment for her weaning programme but not heard anything and she's 23 weeks tomorrow. I tried her with some puree apple last week but she ended up with bad tummy and was curled up in pain (like when she started with her milk issue); it could have been coincidence but I decided to wait a week and try again soon.

how much porridge did you start her with? X

• Options

She was 6 months on the 1st and I started on that day.

I use the Aldi Organic one and give her a full bowl (5 tablespoons!). I didn't think that she'd take all if that but she has right from day one. She loves it! 

I'd try and get in touch with them ASAP so you can get going as close to 6 months as possible. 

Ximage

• Options

Thanks Hun. Charlotte looks to be loving it :)

• Options

No problem. Hope you get some help soon.

She does love it, although she's still blowing out sometimes when the food is going in! I've had a couple of porridge showers! 

X

• Options

Hi everyone 

Ruby is having the Aptimal Banana porridge on a morning and so far she has had pureed sweet potato, carrots and peas, all individually and then I am going to combine them, she loves the potato wasn't too keen on carrots but I will persevere with vegs before introducing pureed fruit because they're more likely to like the fruit as it's naturally sweet.

Are any of your LO having water regularly? I can't get Ruby to drink it she spits it out then refuses to open her mouth, I've tried the Hipp organic baby apple juice but she won't drink that either! 

Her first tooth cut through the gum yesterday 😊

Xx

• Options

Ruby eating her bowl after finishing her porridge 😁

• Options

Kazzalou - Ruby is SO gorgeous - that's a brilliant picture! 
    Smith123, maybe start a new thread about weaning with cows milk protein allergy? We're sure there are some mums on the forum who had this - let us know if you need any help doing that if you want to. 

Hi everyone else too, we're just wondering, when you were pregnant, if you suffered morning sickness, were you ever sick somewhere awkward? Please come and tell us on this thread here - we'd love to hear from you! 

• Options

Hi everyone

hope your all doing well. Amara is 6 months old today image

Shes been eating purees since 21 weeks and loves her banana porridge too. She has 2 teeth and is now doing some baby led weaning.

she however is not sleeping very well so if anyone has any ideas there that would be worth trying? We are doing bath and bed at 7 then waking at 10  bed time feed then she wakes between 12-2 again which I'm trying to not give her a bottle again for as she doesn't really need it and just uses it to go back to sleep. Then wakes again at 5am and is wide awake and ready to play! 

• Options

Well Matthew & Amelia are now 8mths old (Eek, where did that go?!!) They are typical siblings who have some lovely affectionate moments & the odd bullying moments too (stealing dummies from the other, poking or kicking the other, hair pulling...)

Amelia has 3 teeth through while Matthew is still awaiting his first. He, however, is a lot more independent at feeding himself & is more agile in rolling about. They are not crawling as such but have begun 'shuffling' (akin to backstroke) across the floor  (though get frustrated pretty quickly that they are going nowhere fast...yet). They are still a bit wobbly sitting  (Amelia slightly better at this than Matthew) but both seem to enjoy time upon the floor. 

We have 'Dadda' & 'yeah' in speech but still mostly babble. Both like to sing & enjoy listening to others singing to them. We are Disney fans with Mickey Mouse, Lion Guard & PJ Masks as the current favourites  (Amelia is fixed on the TV when Mickey is on, nothing distracts her from it 😂)

Matthew is definitely the cheeky boy - full of smiles for everyone & a proper chuckle at the smallest of things. 

Amelia is the more cautious one - studies people for a while before cracking the infectious grin, less easily amused & more likely to cry at meeting someone new.

Hope everyone else is doing well. X 

• Options

Glad to hear your twins are doing well KazzieM 👍

This my little one, 6 and a half months, she was a flower girl at the weekend

But also got the shock of my life 2 weeks ago...

a lttle brother or sister for Matilda, due in January next year! 😬😁👶🏻👶🏻 

Fun times ahead!! 

Xxx

• Options

Lovely to hear your little ones are doing well 😊 Florence is 27 weeks and is sitting up, trying to crawl and being a mischevious madam already. Watched her pulling open the kitchen drawer the other day.....who know what she'll be doing when she is fully mobile!!!

Helsbels congratulations!!! Amazing news for you and you've def got fun times ahead!!

Florence got 2 bottom teeth at 3 months but has had nothing since then although she's clearing suffering from the pushing on her gums which is so horrible to watch knowing I can't help her.

Has anyone tried those amber bracelets/necklaces and if so would you recommend them?

Weaning is slow for us due to Florences cows milk protein allergy but we have started her on fruit and veg and seems to be going well :) so funny watching her face with the new flavours.

hope everyone else is doing well. X

• Options

OMG Helsbels! What a wonderful surprise! Might we just point you in the direction of this Due in January 18 thread...