Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

image it was also the anniversary of the loss of my little boy on Monday and managed to capture this one xx image

• Options

Thanks for the goodies Danielle :-)

Daisy Fareeha is coming sling so well, she is absolutely gorgeous :-) she looks so grown up and different to the last photos if her!

nalc that is such a sweet way to make sure Mia knows about her older brother and keep him a part of the family. i still can't get over what a cutie pie she is 😍

This photo was taken last Friday, I don't think there is any doubt Naomi is smiling in it ☺️

Bunny x

• Options

ps I am exclusively breastfeeding too. I swear it is a full time job just feeding her! We occasionally give her expressed bottles so her daddy can be that bit more involved and to make it easier if she does have to be looked after by her grandparents at all. We are just using the normal tommee tippee bottles but she seems to be fine with them :-)

• Options

Loving all the pics ladies. Such beautiful babies!

Nalc i love Mia's top for Harley 💗💙 beautiful. Hope you are ok xx

im not breastfeeding. I was and did exclusively for almost a month but every time I fed him i got a massive wave of depression and it was making me feel so negatively toward Jenson that me & dh decided it was best for me and baby if I stopped. We are all a lot happier now :-) I was gutted to stop and felt guilty but it really is the best thing for us. 

Danielle - thank you for the gifts :-) 

xx

• Options

You shouldn't ever feel guilty MillP; you know deep down what is best for you and Jensen, and it sounds as if you have put a lot of thought into it. The benefits of breastfeeding would be pointless if it meant you weren't a happy relaxed mummy and weren't able to give him everything else he needs xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wondered, if you have a child at school, did they dress up for World Book Day, and if so, won't you come and share a pic on this thread here? 

• Options

Lovely smiley babies ladies! They all look so grown up now. 

Daisy, it sounds so tiring having two! But glad they are behaving well for you.

Bunny, is Naomi still crying for her daddy or is she okay now?

Nalc, that is such a lovely idea to help Mia know about Harley when she is older. Hope you're okay after the anniversary of his loss. Good luck for your glucose test.

You shouldn't feel guilty at all MillP. You being happy and relaxed will have a much bigger impact on Jenson than how he is fed.

I'm exclusively breastfeeding too and I agree it's s full-time job! Lyra seems to feed way more at night (anywhere from an hour to three hours between feeds), which I know can be normal, but it's exhausting! She often goes 5 hours between feeds in the day. Why can't that be at night?! Still, I'm happy as we had her weighed yesterday and she's gained 9.5oz in 8 days. Also OH is off still so does pretty much all of the nappy changes, which helps. I'm also going to try expressing in a week or so. It does make it difficult to get out and about early though - I'm up so much at night, I need to stay in bed until lunchtime just to get around 6 hours sleep. I guess I'm lucky that I have no other children and so can do that! 

Lyra is now 23 days old and I'm noticing a difference in her over the past few days. She makes eye contact more and is a bit more coordinated with her hands. It's so lovely to watch her change!

• Options

Hey ladies 

beautiful baby pictures all growing so fast can't believe how big they are all getting.

im having a bit of a hard time my incision seem not to be healing although the infection has gone it just won't heal and close so I'm having to go up to the doctors every week twice which is hard with my little munchkin. She's going through an almighty spurt and her feeds and sleeps are all over it's all she does but it means she's going less in the night but we tried the cot and she seems to sleep better in there! 

Hope everyone is doing well! My baby is 5 weeks old I can't believe it!!

heres my grumpy girl 💖💖💖

• Options

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time with your infusion Daisy, hope it starts improving soon. 

Yes thanks Sugar, Naomi is perfectly happy with her daddy again now. On days when she is fussy she is spending a lot of time on either of us in her sling, which is really helping. 

I can't believe how fast time is going, Naomi is two months old today 😲

Keep all the baby pictures coming, it is lovely to see them and amazing how quickly everybody is changing. 

We went out for a forest walk with one of the ladies from my antenatal course with her baby, this is us when we stopped for a cup of tea:

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope this message finds you all well? Tomorrow is the 60th birthday of Dr Seuss's The Cat in the Hat, so we were wondering, do you have a favourite Dr Seuss book? If you do, won't you come and tell us on this thread here? 

• Options

Hey Ladies

long time no speak how is motherhood treati you all? 

Im loving all the baby pictures👶🏽💙💓

My Jessie is 6 weeks old this Friday and we are both doing well. I cannot believe how quick time is flying it's crazy. I'm finally in a routine and she's sleeping much better of a night... 

Here are some snaps of us Below; 

imageimageimage

Has everyone made a full recovery? After the 19 hours of labour I'm still not fully over it and think it's left Me a bit traumatised, but I'm sure I'll get over it in time. My back still twinges from the spinal block injection which never worked... I'm just going to take it easy... 

who else is bottle feeding?? have you faced any problems with colic / winding? 

I hope you are all well 

love Carly 

• Options

Sorry your incision's not healing well, daisylouise. Does it still hurt a lot? It's been just over 4 weeks for me now and this is the first week I've started to feel a bit more normal. My shower on Monday was the first time the pressure of the water didn't hurt my scar. 

Your forest walk must have been nice Bunny. Do you do a lot with the NCT people? I can't wait to do things like that when OH's knee is a bit better. We're at my parents' house - I drove for the first time yesterday and we've come here for a change of scene. Talk about having a lot of stuff though!

Carly, I've had back twinges too. I had a failed epidural and a spinal block which was TOO successful as apparently some of it went into the epidural so too much of my body went numb. Taking it easy sounds like a plan - hope you feel better soon.

Well Lyra had her hip scan a few days ago and unfortunately she is one of the 1 or 2 per 1000 babies with hip dysplasia. Her case is severe, meaning her hip is already dislocated and not just loose. Apparently it's not at all painful for babies but we still feel really sorry for her. We are being referred to a different hospital for further scans and to get a harness fitted, which she'll probably have to wear for a number of weeks. Hopefully that'll be that and there wont be any long term effects. They seemed surprised at the hospital that we didn't react more, but a dislocated hip really doesn't seem that bad compared to everything that could have happened based on our earlier issues!

Loving the baby photos! ♥️ Here is one of Lyra in her favourite dinosaur blanket (ignoring the fact it was 5 minutes after she pooed in the bath!).

• Options

Aww I'm sorry to hear about Lyra's hips Sugar, but as you say given all the worry she gave you throughout your pregnancy it could have been much much worse! She looks so cute and snuggled up in her blanket there :-)

Yes I have been really fortunate with my NCT group I think; the whole lot of us meet once or twice a month, and we meet up in twos or threes as well. The dads are all meeting up this weekend too :-) Are you still meeting up with yours Sugar, I think you did an NCT course too?

Jessie is looking gorgeous Carly, I agree time is going so quickly! Sorry to hear you are still not healing well 😔 I don't have any advice I'm afraid and I was really really lucky as I was virtually back to normal straight away. I hope things settle down soon though. 

Naomi sleeps well in her nest at night but during the day has mainly been napping in her wrap on me (I can't complain too much, free hugs!). She is a lovely hot water bottle but I was very pleased I managed to actually get her to nap in her nest this afternoon :-)

• Options

Hi Sugar. My daughter had hip displasia too and I did when I was a baby. Mine was really severe and have no problems now. My daughter was in a Pavlik harness For 8 weeks and abduction brace for 16 weeks. Only at night for half of that time. She had an operation last year but now at three years old they are really happy with how she has progressed and has no problems. The harness is a bit of a pain but all worth it on the end . Let me know if you have any questions 

• Options

Hi ladies! 

lovely to hear from you all and see all the beautiful babies all growing so fast!! 

my incision has finally decided to heal!!! no more infection and I can finally have a long awaited lush bath! Had my first bath with Lyla yesterday it was lovely she's a water baby! So she is in her element in the water! Can't wait to take her swimming! 

We have her first injections on the 28th dreading them!! 

Sorry to hear about Lyra sugar hopefully she's okay! Glad to hear your feeling better

how is everyone for routines? Curious to know.. we have Lyla in her cot now she was a bit to big for her basket now and she sleeps much better at night 

Here is Lyla yesterday having a wind down she's so ginger now I love it ❤

• Options

Hi all, how's it going?

Carlsemmers - love those pics of you and your girl - and so glad she's sleeping a bit better. 

Sugar, sorry to hear about Lyra's hip - we have two mums on the forum who have both had this with their babies (Both their babies are now about a year old, so they've come through the 'other side' ) If you'd like their names, drop me a PM - we're sure they wouldn't mind if you wanted to ask them questions. And of course, Eglew right here has been through it all too - Eglew - how are you and Alex doing? 

DaisyLouise - so glad you're all healed up now! And wonderful you're getting some sleep too. 

We hope all the other new mums here are doing well? 

• Options

Am glad you and finally been able to have a bath Daisy!

We have a baby swimming pool near us and took Naomi for her first swimming lesson at the weekend. She absolutely loved it; she was so relaxed and it really tired her out and she slept very well afterwards :-) fingers crossed she will continue to enjoy it. 

In in terms of routines, nighttime is generally fine now- she wakes very 3-4 hours for a change and feed then goes right off to sleep after feeding. 

During the day we had been relaxed and just letting her lead us, but she is now so fascinated by the world that we have to get her off to sleep when she has been awake for forty five/ fifty minutes or we end up with a very unhappy overtired baby :-(

We think she might have started teething- she is nine and a half weeks old so I think that is possible? She has been munching on her fingers for a few days but has had a very unsettled day today and has started crying the second she wakes up, and not her normal hungry or tummy cry. 

This is all just such a massive learning curve!

How is everyone else doing? X

• Options

Hi everyone, we have a question for you. During your pregnancy, did you have a 4D scan? If you did, we'd love for you to come and tell us about it over here on this thread.

We also wanted to share a thread with you, started by a member who's letting women know, they shouldn't worry about c-section scars, and proudly displaying hers. If you too wanted to share your experience having a c-section or talk about your scar, please do come and check out the thread here. 

Thank you!
    😊

• Options

Thanks ladies. Eglew, sorry to hear you and your daughter both had it too but glad you are both fine now. Is your newest little one okay? I think that's it - I know it causes no pain but the harness just seems so bulky and cumbersome. That would be useful thanks Danielle! Her referral came through for Monday so no doubt I'll have more questions then. 

Bunny, our NCT group are good too - the girls meet up once a week usually in various configurations and the boys are going for a curry night later this month. Our town is quite small so we also find ourselves all going to the same classes etc. I haven't been as much as the others yet as Lyra was the last baby to arrive so we've still been getting to grips with things. Aww Naomi looks so peaceful and adorable - we have the opposite with Lyra. She sleeps well anywhere in the day but won't settle anywhere but our chests for ages at night. 

Aww lovely photo of Lyla daisylouise! I'm glad you've finally healed - I can't wait to have a bath with Lyra and take her swimming! I've had quite a few baths now but I'm waiting until after my 6 week check to have one with bubble bath. 

We are planning to put a bit more structure in place when we get home from my parents' house. Their house is a lot bigger than ours so I like to keep her close by here but when we get back I think we are going to start a proper bedtime routine and put her in her crib by herself with the monitor on while we have dinner / relax elsewhere. 

We took Lyra to meet her great grandparents at the weekend. My mum bought her a cute Ted Baker outfit for the occasion and here she is showing it off. 

• Options

Hi Alex is the same. Great sleeping during the day but not so great at night! Let me know if you have any questions about hip problem. Alex had an ultrasound of his hips and he is fine.