Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

October 2017 Babies

Replies

• Options

Mine eats every 4 hrs now and takes 150. I am combi feeding. He sleeps more or less during the night apart for one feed and during the day the sleep pattern is less routined. Seem to have got some explosive poos the last few days so bad his gone straight in bath. He spends about half hr looking guilty after. (Bless him)

• Options

I have never been able to nap during the day. Harry either will sleep for 10 mins or 4 hours it varies massively during the day. If we are mainly at home he will generally nappy change/feed/play/nappy change/sleep and repeat 

He does need to nap though. I have found making sure he naps between feeds essential for a less grumpy baby. Have you thought of getting a sling? I have one and was a godend at home for a few weeks. Doesn' help with you napping but you may rest easier/get a drink/have a wee etc. May make you feel better being able to do things. Harry hates being put down. Now he sometimes cries because he wants to sit or lay down alone and stare at the wall :-) 

It will get better. 

Can you express and do one bottle at night so you get a 4 hour stretch? 

• Options

Definetly try a sling! Finn sometimes cries just to be held and I found it useful to get things done and have no tears aswell.

i express and give him a bottle at night because I feel like a big feed means he might only get up once at night. Sometimes works 😂

Finn also has pop explosions (usually when he is just put into a nice outfit) as you can see: 

imageimageimage

• Options

We have a sling for Sam (the Baby Bjorn Miracle) and it really helps as he loves his cuddles! He especially wants cuddles at the moment as he has a cold - we all do! - and he needs comforting.

Over the past week he has started doing explosive poos and I've caught them just in time on all but one occasion where it went everywhere - and it just kept coming as I was trying to change him!

We soaked his dirty sleepsuit in fabric detergent overnight and then put it through a normal cycle twice which got all of the stains out. 

• Options

We have a routine at night

10pm wipe down. 

Change nappy, feeding, hold aayla to sleep and put in bed. Sleep at about 11-12midnight. She will wake up between 6-8am for the next feed. 

Day time, sometimes she feed every hour. I do demand feeding.. sometimes I put aayla on her mamaroo to have a break from me. 

• Options

Thank you all for your comments, I will try some of these ideas. I've managed to get him to sleep laying on my chest for almost an hour today and have ordered a sling. 

Ethans been doing explosive poops too and always when he's wearing new clothes! Twice he has pooped with his nappy off all across my carpet. Even the carpet shampooer can't get rid of it! I will try soaking his clothes overnight to see if that gets the stains out.

Im trying to follow your routine Georgie88 to see if that helps. 

Wush me luck!

• Options

I soaked them and put them on a 60 wash and they can straight out. Mine peed over the walls and in my plug sockets, was not impressed at all! Mine refuses a sling he hates anything that's restrictive

• Options

Joerodie that poo looks familiar! 😂 

Unfortunately Luke now has a cold I feel so bad coz we were out in the pram yesterday although he was totally snuggled in his snowsuit etc! 

I have my work's Christmas night out tonight which I'm trying to be excited about but sort of dreading at the same time, longest I've left Luke is half an hour 😕I've expressed a few bottles so hoping hubby will be ok with him. I suppose I need to fet a grip at some point!

Uh see the whole "you shouldnt pick them up they will never sleep by themselves" really pees me off. He's 7 weeks old of course I'm going to bloody pick him up! Totally snapped at my MIL last week for saying something similar and id been in tears because Luke was really struggling with his reflux and colic. I was like well ACTUALLY he's been in a lot of pain this week 😠

Oh Luke has also peed up the walls and on sockets! Charmers we have eh😂👌🏽

I finally gave into snap time dummy and I have to say it's been a miracle for during the night Luke now sleeps solid chunks of 5 hours or so regularly! 

How are you all getting on with Christmas prep? Are you getting presents for baby? I know Luke's teeny but I can't stop buying, after all his birthday isn't til October! Xxx

• Options

Yeah I snap at my mom couple of time.. u should do this. U should do that.. but suggestion are either known or not appropriate.

Had my Xmas party last night. Pelvis hurts now.. as if I was still pregnant!

• Options

Today on the forum, we're asking about your family buying Christmas presents for your kids: do your parents and inlaws buy your children huge amounts of stuff that’s not needed? Or do you tell them specifically what to buy? Please do tell us on this new thread here. We'd love to hear from you! 

• Options

Hi ladies 

Charlie is now 10 weeks old and his reflux is under control, we have only had one vomiting session the past 4 days which is a vast improvement.

is everyone ready for Christmas.  I keep thinking I am and then I see something else even tho he won't remember its still special.  My eldest had his school nativity this week and Charlie slept through the whole thing.  All Charlie has been wearing this past 2 weeks is Christmas clothes my oh wants him dressed like a little boy but I told him its only once a year and he looks so cute.

we went away on Saturday for the night and even tho I missed both of them it was what I needed to recharge and feel like my old self.  Charlie slept all night at his nannys and then he was up twice with me the next night must have been trying to say he missed me.

Last night Charlie slept from 10pm to 9am I actually got to have a cup of tea which was still hot and got all my xmas presents wrapped and cards wrote.

• Options

Hello ladies, Christmas is nearly here, what did you guys get for your little ones? We had no idea as he won’t understand anyway... got him a play mat... Had no time to put the Christmas decorations up this year and I was gutted because we did have a tree and put them up every year pre-baby... 

Having Christmas at my mother in law with my sister in law and her 8 months old as well, it will be cute 😍

Andre had his jabs a week ago and has a cold now, full of snot, can’t breathe properly in the night so that made it hard for him to sleep.. so we’re both a bit knackered... 

he’s growing soo fast and he gets cuter and cuter every day! He smiles a lot and has propper conversations with his daddy which he misses in the day and he gets very excited to see when coming from work! 

How are you all? What have you been up to lately? Xxx imageimageimage

• Options

We are very excited for Christmas. Off to see Santa tomorrow. Harry loves the lights and we bought him a projection of Santa for the ceiling. 

We have only got him things he needs, some toys and a new outfit. My dad however has gone mad and turned up with two sacks full. 

Harry has a Christmas jumper or outfit for every day lol. We are staying home for Christmas day. My dad is coming for dinner then boxing day at the in laws. 

Harry is such a happy chap. Always talking and smiling. He is sleeping really well now. Usually about 10-6am then feed and sleeps until 10am yesterday until 11.45! Was sat waiting for him to wake up. 

His reflux is so much better with the medication he' on. I' actually really enjoying everyday at home with him now. We play and I'm lucky he likes watching me do the housework so everything gets done. 

Best of all Harry is now happy to be put down and will sit or lay down on his own laughing. 

We went to my works Christmas lunch. Three hours, a quiz and about 30 people and he didn' cry once. I was very proud.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and things have settled down. Having a baby is such a shock to the system, the change is immense and nothing prepares you for the newborn phase. Ximage

imageimageimage

• Options

We have got him 2 personalised books and some book ends not much point getting him anything else as his too little. We get smiles occasionally but his quite fussy about who he gives them to. He does like to give cuddles though and pats u on the back as u cuddle hin which is very sweet. His outgrown his Moses basket now and his sleeping bags so in his own room his going to have to go in the new yr as we can't fit a cot in our room.image

• Options

Hi ladies 

I'm all excited for xmas my eldest finished school yesterday and I've all my shopping down so I can relax and enjoy it.  I got Charlie a playmat, walker and ball pit and some sensory things.

He sleeps from 9 to 4 and then 4.30 to 9.  hes on 5oz every 3 hours but I'm going to try and up it 6oz this week as I think he's ready for it but I don't want to upset his reflux.

were staying at home all of Christmas and my mother in law is going to send us dinner down she only lives over the hedge.

Charlies older brother moved into his new room this week so after Christmas were going to start decorating his old room and move Charlie into it at the end of January.

We're also on high alert because Charlie came in contact with his cousin who has got chickenpox and her parents knew she had them and took her to our churches Family night anyway.  Talk about angry I just hope he has some of my immunity and the doctors have told us there is nothing they can do until he has spots.  All they said was it would be cruel not to take her, i told them what about all the other children and so close to Christmas it would ruin it for some parents as it's a lot of babies 1st christmas.

• Options

imageimageimageimage

Some new pictures 

• Options

kdaisy I believe that chicken pox is mainly contagious before the spots show which is why it spreads so much because u pass it on before u know u have it so hopefully your little one is fine

• Options

i know I'm checking him twice a day for spots but it can take 3 weeks to show.  She only had a few on Friday which I couldn't see after they casually told us and was completely covered by Saturday evening.  It can cause major complications in babies what's even worse is the mother is a nurse.  I've never removed my children from a situation so fast.  Harry had them 2 years ago and flew through it.

• Options

Hello ladies! Happy new year! Hope you all have an amazing 2018! How did you spend New Years Eve? We went to a house party and I have to tell you I wasn’t expecting Andre to be so good! He didn’t cry at all, he was giving smiles and cuddles to everyone there, even had a nap with all the loud music going on! I was a very proud mama! 

I made a few new year resolutions, and that is to do more things with him and go to groups make mummy friends. At the moment i’m spending a lot time in the house not doing much so it needs to change! Also need to get rid of the baby weight! I’ve been going crazy on sweets hahaha! 

When are you planning on going back to work?! Have you started looking for nurseries or childcare yet? I have just looked into it and realised it’s sooo expensive.....

I’ve not decided just yet how I want to work when i’ll go back? What are you guys planning on doing? Part time or?! 

Here are some recent pictures with Andre, can’t believe how fast he’s growing!

imageimageimageimage

• Options

Happy new year grisinutza! And to everyone else! Hope you had a lovely new year and christmas 

New year was quiet for us, we just spent it in the house the 3 of us together. Christmas was the big family do and like Andre he was really good behaved even tho he was getting passed about like a ragdoll (which I hate!) he was all smiles for everyone. 

My new year resolution is 100% to get back into shape! Christmas was my excuse to not start the diet and exercise but Finn is nearly 3 months now and I’ve still got the big mummy tummy. 

ive finally managed to get him into a baby sensory class aswell starting next week so I’m excited to actually get out and chatting to other mums. 

Since the 29th Finns been doing this thing where he’ll have such a mad crying fit when it gets to about 9 after his bath and night feed. Sometimes it can last longer and I don’t know what could be causing it. He’s chewing his hands like mad and drooling alot I wonder if it’s something to do with teething? My friends baby was born 2 weeks before Finn and he can hold a teething toy to chew which gives his hands a break! I’m dying for Finn to get a hang of holding something to chew but he doesn’t seem interested atall, is any of your babies doing it and have tips on how to help them? 

I really am dreading the prospect of going back to work. my partner keeps blatantly hinting at me to go back part time as soon as but with me breastfeeding and not feeling ready whatsoever I don’t really want to. 

I know I must seem asif I’m always ranting about my mother in law but the other night I went out with my friends for a drink for the first time and I came back to her not only going across the road to our house and taking Finn back to her house from my hubby, she also gave him a full bottle of water (he doesn’t need water at this age or if he’s breastfed!) but she had also stuck his dummy into jam a good few times and shoved it in his mouth. I was absolutely horrified! I mean its hard thinking about going to work when this is potentially who he’d be with all day!

its nuts to think how much we frequently posted in our wee group before we had our baba’s but now theyre here we’re rushed off our feet!

hope all mums and babies are doing good and you’re all getting some hours decent sleep! 😂

Heres some pics of Finn over the holidays 

imageimageimageimage