Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

June 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Thanks Allybob 😊 unfortunately the colic is still going strong, and it makes me feel so helpless 😢 Pearl will be 6 weeks old tomorrow and I’ve just had her weighed and she’s still a dinky 7lbs 15oz, but at least her weight is heading in the right direction. She’s now at the weight my son was at birth! 

Wow NurseJo I wish Pearl would take a little more at her feeds, that’s a great amount. We’re still on anything from 1oz to 2.5oz per feed and still feeding every 2 hours - but at night it’s luckily closer to every 3 hours. Where abouts are you? I’m also in the East and very grateful for the cooler evenings! 

I hope everyone’s getting on well - do we know how many birth announcements we’re still waiting for? 

• Options

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageBaby spam alert!! 😂

• Options

Just to add - I’m such a proud mum, I knew my older 2 would be great with their new sister, but they truly do help out so much and can’t do enough for us both! Seeing my 14 year old son bathing her was just the sweetest thing 😍

• Options

Nora her stomach is still probably tiny 🙂. Nancy takes anything from 45ml to 4oz just depends on her mood And in the day she would happily snooze for about 8hours and at night she is awake bang on 3hours - little monkey! 

I cant wait for her to be a little more alert though, she still loves her sleep (just like her mother!) 

your older children sound lovely 🙂. 

I think I need to move to the east as I’m very ready for this weather to go away now!  

• Options

imageimageimageimageNancy spam 💖

• Options

Ah Allybob she’s just gorgeous 😍 and you’re right about her tummy - it must be so small so I can’t expect too much. I just have to remember she was 3 weeks early! Haha I never normally complain about the weather as I love to sit out in it(all day if I could!) but Pearl isn’t quite so keen! 

• Options

Hello all, breastfeeding seems to be going much more smoothly, thank you for all the advice and sorry I didn’t reply earlier. I’ve just bought a little hand express pump to try and give myself the odd feed off. 

Etty is almost 4 weeks old and has been swimming a couple of times- she was fairly relaxed about it actually. 

• Options

Love this Schmorgan! We have booked Nancy’s lessons but can’t start until she is 8 weeks and has had her first injections - may try and take her ourselves beforehand though but been struggling to find a newborn swimming outfit - do you mind me asking where you got ettys? 

• Options

JoJo Maman Bebe. They even hit the tape measure out to help us measure her as she is dinky 😂 

• Options

Got even. silly autocorrect. 

https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/splash-about-happy-nappy-costume-d9131.html

This is the one we got. 

• Options

Does the 0-4 months  fit her? X

• Options

It does and she is under 7 pounds

• Options

I was then going to ask the same thing, where you got her costume! I will definitely be buying one, as where I work(physio/hydro clinic), the water is obviously lovely and warm and they’ve said I can take her there 😊 but I was told I have to wait til my 8 week check before going in...

• Options

NHS website recommends that as long as the water is 32 degrees you can take them in for no more than 10 minutes as soon as the cord is off and healed. In this weather I think it’s actually been quite soothing for her. She actually slept through her dip today. 

• Options

Absolutel, Pearl is fine to go in, just not me! And unfortunately my husband can’t get the time off work to take her 😔 as we can only go week days...

• Options

Ah sorry Nora, I misread your post. Yeah I’m gutted I can’t go in at the moment as well. 

• Options

It’s a shame isn’t it, I asked the health visitor if I can go back running but that’s a no go until my post natal check 🙁. 

I looked into some baby classes for when oh goes back to work next Monday and can’t believe how expensive they are! 

• Options

I do get why we can’t do these things, but it is a bit irritating, especially when you feel good! 

• Options

imagePearl says thank you very much for her toy 😊

• Options

Our little beach babe at Aberdovey today.