Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

July 2018 Babies

Replies

• Options

Slash really hope baby comes for you soon! 

Kmh in as little clothes as possible and a fan (just not directly on them) poor little things coming out in this heat ☹️ 

Lizzie massive congrats! So glad she is doing well after being early! I have a little boy, Harry who was born on the 19th July, so he’s 2 weeks old today 💙 

• Options

Kmh i’ve been keeping the little man in a short sleaved vest with fans on, overnight the same but popping a little muslin cloth over his legs as his little feet get cold even when its really hot. A few nights last week he slept just in a nappy with a muslin over him for comfort. To be fair i’m obsessivly checking him in the night to make sure he’s not too hot or cold (and to make sure he’s breathing 😂, i assume that will pass at some point?!)

Only 10 days in so my little man is very much under mummys bubble wrap protection for now 😁

we’ve just given him his first bath - no crying just looked highly confused during then very cute and content after. Since birth he has only gained 20 grams (didnt lose anything like they normally do) so we have an extra visit on Monday before we get signed off. 

mummytolilyandharry - Harry is looking so beautiful, love his little brother clothes.

lizzie welcome & congrats, shes a little beauty!! Is she your first?

slash how you getting on?

• Options

Aww mummytolillieandharry he is just beautiful.

joner57 yeh she is my first I was very lucky she only lost 3 ounces but got weighed today and is above her birth weight by 60grams so she is getting on great she has a little constipation now but they say that can happen when they are formula fed. 

am Still really sore after having her I ended up with forceps so I was cut and then had a 3nd degree tear and I just don’t seem to be feeling any less pain i thought it would be getting easier by now just feel Ill more than anything so think am going to ring the doctors tomorrow and see what they say. 

• Options

Thank you Lizzie! I would definitely call the doctors I agree you should be feeling a bit better by now I’m sure it’s nothing To worry about but it’s better to be checked over just to be on the safe side! How much did Eloise weigh? 

Hearing everyone’s birth stories really makes me grateful that Both of my births have been straight forward with no problems, I really feel for you all ☹️ But at the same time I’m glad everyone’s babies have been healthy & happy ❤️

• Options

Hi everyone. I’m enjoying reading about your experiences and of course the cute baby pics.

I’m still waiting for labour to start. Sat here and the baby is really pushing down hard, it is so uncomfortable. But nothing else seems to be happening. I’ll be 41 weeks plus 2 tomorrow. I did not expect to go this over due as this is not my first baby, I thought she would be a couple of days early if anything. Will keep you posted. 

• Options

Oh and welcome to the thread Lizzie x

• Options

She was a good weight she was 7 pounds 1 ounce but that is because am a diabetic so I new she would be on the bigger side I dread to think what she would of weighed if I went full term. 

Thanks slash. Oh no you must be so fed up waiting on baby to arrive I was all prepared for an induction at 38 weeks but Eloise had other ideas coming even earlier than that lol. Fingers crossed your baby will make an apperance very soon 

• Options

slash how many were you with your other baby/babies? Hopefully she makes an appearance soon! I was 8 days late with both of mine so I know the frustration! Hopefully with her pushing down so hard she’ll break your waters and labour will hopefully start not long after! Have you had any Feelings that she’s on her way at all? Looking forward to hearing your birth announcement though!

lizzie that is a really good weight For an early baby! You must have been so relieved when they said she weighed that! Oh god I can’t even imagine what she would of weighed full term! Will be interesting to find out what she weighs on her due date being out though! 

• Options

Hi Mummytolilyandharry, I went into labour on the 4th day over last time and she was born on the 5th day. I was very lucky and delivery was straight forward. I think I’m probably more worried this time round for some reason.

I’m surprised she hasn’t broken my waters yet considering all the pressure! 

• Options

Me and Olivia finally got home today, it’s been a hard few days but I’m hoping now we‘re home it’s going to get easier, I’m going to find it really hard to give up control for a while, I usually like to do everything myself but I’ve strictly been told to not over do it and accept help other wise my wound won’t heal, looking at her little face makes it all seem worth it thoughimage

• Options

Glad you’re both home safe Emma. Will be difficult but you do need to listen to the advice and rest up, accept help where you can, be better for you and your little lady in the long run if you rest & heal quicker.

we’re having our first overnighter, heading to see some friends and family in Leicester and staying at my mums, 2 hours behind schedule as i is as faffing making sure i had too much of everything we need, only packed essentials but look like we’re going away for a week 😂

• Options

Hi everyone, how are you all doing? slash, hope you're alright and hanging in there? 

• Options

Hi Danielle. I’m still hanging on! Was due to be induced yesterday but there wasn’t a bed for me, which was very distressing as I had worked myself up ready for it. Have been into hospital this morning to start the process and have been able to come home for 24 hours to see if it sends me into labour. Back in the morning to have my waters broken should this not work. So far I’m not feeling any cramps or tightening. Taking it easy and will watch films for the rest of the day. Can’t quite believe I don’t have my baby in my arms yet.

• Options

Oh slash, we can't believe you're 12 days over - but the end is in sight. We bet you can't wait for the weekend! Baby should well be here by then. 

• Options

Hi everyone, we're just wondering, if any of you are breastfeeding, can you help this new member who is suffering terribly while trying to feed her new baby? Her thread is here. Thank you. 

• Options

Oh slash you must be so fed up now fingers crossed once things get going it’s very quick and you get your little one in your arms. 

I have been really unwell the past few days had a womb infection so been on antibiotics and had to stay with my mum so she could help with the little one. Now back home and starting to feel more like myself again now. Stitches are finally starting to heal so I don’t feel so much of a mess down there anymore still taking things easy till am fully better but am finally going in the right direction. 

• Options

slash, you've gone quiet so we hope you're at hosp having baby. 
    How is everyone else doing? Have the visitors calmed down? 

• Options

Thanks so much Danielle & everyone at MFM for Harry’s lovely comforter 💙

• Options

Hooray! Gifts are arriving! What a gorgeous pic - thank you for sharing x

• Options

Visitors haven’t calmed down for me yet, but at least they are being helpful and my parents are going on holiday in two days so they’re trying to cram as much time as possible before they go, I’m really struggling to not push myself and let others do things for me but I just look at her little face and know I can’t over do it, took Olivia to get registered today, she officially exists! Olivia was one week old yesterday, so hard to believe it’s been a week already, spent 90% of the time just staring at her, Danielle I dont think I ever sent my details over for the comforter, but I’m not sure?  image