Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rainbow Babies 🌈👶

Replies

• Options
    Awww they’re all good signs @MrsRees and @Bobble321. I had lots of cramping with my pregnancies- it’s all your organs moving to make room! 
    Fingers crossed for these beans!!!

Matilda’s good thanks. Although she keeps waking in the night now she’s in her cot. She definitely preferred her Moses basket!!!xxxx
  • Options
    @MrsRees @Bobble321 definitely good signs for both of you!

@EmJ3 I'm glad Matilda is well. How are your others getting on? Are either of them in the first groups due back at school? Up here the teachers are back but no students until August then it will be part time I believe.

Is she getting you up loads through the night? We took Jamie out of his swaddle this week and he's suddenly started waking again too, but I prefer that over risking him rolling while wrapped tight. We've had a good day today, they decided they're friends and have been playing together - look how big he is beside her, I reckon they'll get mistaken for twins before they're much older ❤️

• Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 they will definitely get mistaken for twins!!!🤣🤣 they’re so cute together!🥰🥰

Matilda is waking up about 3/4 times a night but she use to sleep straight through!🙈🙈 I’m thinking of buying a compact travel cot with mattress to see if that cuddles her a bit better? 

She keeps climbing up in her cot and I’m worried she’s going to fall back and hit her head. And I really need her to go back to sleeping again!

my eldest daughter is in year 10 so can go back to school in a few weeks but it’s very limited and I don’t know if it’s worth the risk for half a day a week! My son’s not in the age group who can go back yet- he turned 8 on Sunday- so a lockdown birthday!

xxxx

• Options
    Awww I'm. Glad everyone's doing well 😊 I'm 6w1d today feeling nausea when hungry I think and alot of saliva too so it's more signs than I've had in previous pregnancies so hopefully this is the good one 
  • Options
    @MrsRees haha I know it’s gone so quick! He’s 2 next month can’t believe it! Glad to hear you’re having good symptoms! Have you booked a scan in yet? 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 it’s so amazing watching them grow but so sad too, especially with lily she’s really shot up over the last few months and I look at pictures from a year ago and can’t believe how much she has grown 😭 completely agree with you on Jamie’s swaddle, I never swaddled either of mine because they were both born in the summer it was just too hot for it so luckily have never had to take it off of them, does he have a favourite teddy that you can let him fall asleep with and then take out once he’s asleep? That picture of Evie & Jamie is just 🥰 can tell they have a special bond already! Lily’s in year 1 so she’s in the years to go back to school although I haven’t let her yet, I’m just not comfortable with it and I wanna see the outcome before she goes back which tbh will more than likely be September now! 

@EmJ3 I hope Matilda starts settling in her cot soon, it’s so hard getting up in the night the older they get isn’t it 😴! the wedding plans are coming along really well! We’ve booked the registrar, DJ & florist already! It’s crazy what you can get done when you can’t leave the house hahaha! I just can’t wait! The venue is so beautiful it’s actually a vineyard! (Three choirs vineyard if anyone wants to have a look) 

• Options
    @EmJ3 I hope he has a nice lockdown birthday! I'm sure you made it a special day for him! 

@MrsRees it all sounds very positive! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all want this for you so badly ❤️

@Mummytolilyandharry I totally don't blame you. I think it's awful rushed down south. My aunt is an assistant head in Kent and has handed in her resignation because she disagrees so much (she was taking early retirement next year but this was the final straw I think). I've just had a nosey at your venue, it's beautiful! 

Are you all back at work or on furlough? Hubby is still off but I'm worried about him going back and potentially infecting the kids through a customer
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 it definitely is too rushed! I don’t know why they don’t just stay off til September now, I know it’s not ideal because of learning, but maybe they could offer some after school clubs for anyone that’s really struggling to catch up, maybe some classes throughout half term! Not just throw them in the deep end! I don’t blame her if she was planning retirement anyway it’s just not worth the stress & worry of it! Thank you I’m in love with it xD just wish it wasn’t so long away, well I do kind of because I have about 4 stone to lose 😭 I’ve been off of work since the day after lockdown was announced but I’m not furloughed luckily I’m just off on full pay! Luke’s been working all throughout which we are grateful for because loads of guys have been furloughed where he works and they’re now looking to make a fair few of them redundant! 
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry the venue looks beautiful. So pretty!!! You’re doing well booking things!

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 my hubby is furloughed for the next 2 weeks. I’m classed as vulnerable as I’m still on steroids so I’m working from home. It’s all still a bit scary!

@MrsRees These signs are good!!🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻Xxx 

• Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry is it you who works in a school? Glad you're in full pay. Although he's furloughed, Chris' work are topping up their wages. He's driving me insane but the kids are loving having us both home. I'm worried how they'll be when it's back to just mum again (unless I'm back to work before him at this rate!)

@EmJ3 how are you finding working from home with the kids about? There's talk that my office wont reopen this year other than for training days, and there's the potential we can work from home full time after that. I can't imagine how that's going to work in our tiny house with 2 tiny ones toddling about 🙈
  • Options
    @EmJ3 thank you I love it, it took a little while to find the perfect venue for us but I think we did it xD 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 yeah I work in a secondary school as a cleaner :) they have been really understanding, I work with my mum & stepdad and they both have to be off because my stepdad has diabetes so is really vulnerable and I can’t drive (I’ve been doing lessons since September but obv has to stop with lockdown) and there’s no way of me getting there unless I got a taxi which would cost an absolute fortune, & with the schools being closed they’ve only had 3 key workers children in the whole school so there’s not been a lot of cleaning that needs doing, I can’t wait to go back though, I do enjoy it & it’s great exercise :) 
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 that’s so good they’re topping his wages up! I know a lot of people would struggle to lose 20% of there wages especially with kids! My two don’t stop eating atm we are spending loads of food shops atm! Lily always has school dinners (which are free for everyone until year 3) so we only ever do her lunch on the weekend and she loves her fruit we are going through 3 packs of strawberries & raspberries every week 😭
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry we're the same, our food bill has doubled. Between the pair of them I've had 4 hours sleep and I'm losing the rag this morning.

Have you started/thought about potty training for Harry? Evies been showing signs so we decided to give it a go this weekend. I swear she's on a wind up. She went in the potty first thing and has since peed on the floor next to it twice. I'm on the verge of giving up already. She's running about naked and has tried to sit on her brother a few times. She just won't take a telling and laughs in my face. Doesn't help that her daddy won't get out of bed so I'm on pee watch aswell as baby and dog duty. Please tell me it all clicks a few days in 😭
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 yep same! They eat more than I do 😂! We have been on and off potty training Harry for a few weeks! Every morning he doesn’t wear a nappy until his nap (about 1ish) he goes more on the potty than accidents now, and he holds his bits if he needs to go which is so helpful and on Wednesday he done a poo on there as well, but it takes such a long time for them to be completely dry 😭 lily was 2 and a half before she was completely dry during the day and about 3 when she was dry at night, as long as he’s completely dry by the time he starts playschool (sept 21) then I’ll be happy! He does the best smile when he’s done a wee on there though it’s the cutest 🥰
  • Options
    It’s didn’t save half my message 😭

unfortunately it doesn’t all click in a few days 😭 but a few things I done with lily which might help is I put her potty next to the toilet so every so often I’d say I needed to go and that she had to come with me and we’d be toilet buddies which she loved I think she felt like a grown up 😭 and as much of a pain as it is keeping clothes on them helps because they can feel when they’ve wet themselves and it’s obv so uncomfortable for them, I always talk negatively about a nappy so I’ll say like ewww stinky nappy, Harrys now getting to the point where he doesn’t want to wear a nappy! Obv lots of praise when she does go and if she does have an accident just be like oh no never mind we’ll get to the potty next time, let her see you go to the toilet, look out for signs that she’s about to go, ask her every so often if she needs to go, put something she likes on the tv and sit her on the potty infront of it, if I think of anything else I’ll let you know! Oh god you must be knackered 😭 Harrys still been sleeping fine with lilys pillow, he wakes up occasionally now but not like her was xx
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry her bums too teeny for the potty so she isn't a fan. I've managed to get her to pee on there when we first got up, then she's peed next to it twice and gone to get the towel to clean it, then just there she started peeing on the floor, stopped and ran to the potty to finish. I don't know if she's 100% ready but she pulls at herself too when she needed changed and this morning when she's needed a wee. She's been naked but I'm washing and drying a load of those cotton knicker nappy covers to put on her after she's up from her nap. I'm worried about finding pants as I've said she has a teeny bum, the nappy covers are 3-6 months and quite a good fit but obviously meant to be over a nappy, trousers wise a 9m is the perfect waist so might have to make her knickers myself 🙈.

I did laugh at you saying that about the nappies. When I change Jamie she stands over him going 'ewwww stinky' and gagging even if he's only peed 😂!

Evies been sleeping OK tbh still with my tshirt (picks one out of my dirty laundry basket every night) but we're in the middle of doing up the bedrooms as they'll be sharing so we all sleep in together until the carpet is laid on Monday and I think the dogs been going in and bothering her! 
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 that’s such a good start! She knows what she needs to do! She just needs to realise when she’s about to go and have enough time to get there! Awww bless her she does look teeny in pictures! I got Harry lots of pants from Sainsbury’s which are 18-24 months I’m not sure if they do smaller sizes, maybe you could buy some and then just sew them to make them a bit tighter now and then take the stitch out when she gets bigger you’ll get loads of use out of them then 😂 maybe try a toilet seat, they do portable ones that fold out and the hole is quite small on those that might fit her bum a bit better! Hahaha that’s good she says that about Jamie’s nappy, maybe keep saying to her too nappies are for babies like Jamie not for big girls like Evie, also when I said about going on the toilet with lily when I went for a wee id look at her with a big happy face and say yessss I did it! To make it look like I was learning with her 😂 and then when she went she would say the same 😂 awwww that’s so sweet that she sleeps with one of your T-shirt’s bless her! Lily & Harry share a bedroom too! I’ll upload some pictures! Xx
  • Options
    She's up from her nap - here we go again! I'll need to have a look at pants later, I don't want to buy them until I'm 100% sure we'll be fine training her! 

How do you find them sharing when it comes to them going to bed? I refused to buy another cot so we bought Evie a trundle bed and I'll sleep on the trundle part the first night to make sure she's OK! Their decor is lovely, where did you get the blind? We're doing theirs all baby blue with clouds but Evies having a wall with a big rainbow and her name and Jamie's got aeroplanes with his name. I have this vision in my head and I'm hoping in reality it will turn out as nice as I want it to! I'll need to try remember to post pictures once we get it all finished! 
  • Options
    I love their room @Mummytolilyandharry! Matilda doesn’t have a bedroom which is why we’ll need to move. The age gaps and genders don’t work!🤣🤣🤣 Maizie is 15, Jackson has just turned 8 and Matilda is nearly 10 months!!! Oh well I’m happy with her in with us anyway for now!

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 working from home with them is so tricky. I’m teaching online lessons in a week too- god knows what sound effects the students will get from my 3!!! English mixed with baby screaming!!!🙈🙈🙈 

my hubby’s work haven’t topped his wages up but luckily my wages aren’t affected so we’re ok- without nursery fees to pay! 

I’m really enjoyed spending more time with Matilda and I’ll luckily have had over a full year off with her- the one and only benefit of Covid!!!

xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! I haven’t been getting notifications so just been catching up. 

Firstly- Massive congratulations MrsRees! So so happy for you. I am always thinking of you so was very happy to see your post. Hope you are feeling ok?

Ailbhía is 21 months and we haven’t started potty training yet. She sits on the potty and walks about with it but I Don’t think she is ready just yet! 
    Her skin is much better and we’ve had no flare ups. Spoke to the doctor and she is going to give me more steroid cream and said to just use it when it’s bad (like you advised mummy to lily) 

Bobble- Congrats to you too! Lovely news. How old is Rosie now? I hope that’s her name! I get so confused with all the babies now! 

Hope everyone else is good 🥰

A recent photo..

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions