Forum home› Babies› Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rainbow Babies 🌈👶

Replies

• Options
    Lily school update, so we didn’t just move her because of the ofsted, she had a boy pushing her to the floor and then laughing at her and telling the other boys to push her (who didn’t) so I spoke to her teacher who told me to go straight to the deputy head which I did and his reaction was pretty much he doesn’t care basically the boy who had been picking on her had recently been put into care, which I completely understand must be so tough for him so the deputy head was defending him basically 🙄 then I had a phone call
    home to say lily had thrown someone’s coat over a fence (she’s 5 and has the worst throw ever how little was this fence 😂 did it really warrant a phone call home or could they have waited and told me what happened when I picked her up 🙄 but anyway it was a collection of things that made us move her so I emailed the old school and then the deputy head called me and was like I’m surprised to hear from
    you after the way you slagged us off on social media 😳 I was like what are you talking about I’ve not written anything about the school on social media?! So yeah Luke wasn’t happy and I’m now worried to send her back incase any tiny thing she does gets her in big big trouble, so we’ve told lily she has to stay at the new school until Christmas and we’ll see how she gets on (I’m hoping by then she’ll have made new friends and is settled) 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 there room looks lovely! You’ve done so well! How’s Evie getting on with potty training? Harrys still doing well! The odd accident here and there but we’ve still been easing him into it so he has no nappy all morning and then nappy for nap time & after, just because that’s when we pop out for our walk! 

@mrsrees I do feel for you, after miscarriage the first 12 weeks are just filled with worry I’m keeping everything crossed for you & I hope the next 5 weeks go super quick! 

@emj3 I completely agree it’s the most stressful time but the most rewarding once you hold your beautiful baby 🥰 

anyone have any good suggestions for presents for Harrys 2nd birthday? We’ve bought two things so far we’ve got him an aqua play mountain lake and a peppa pig plane! 
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry that's shocking they spoke to you that way! If you decide not to send Lily back if be making a complaint to the board about it (like you I'd be worried it came back on her!) although if that's the mentality of the teachers that would just have sealed the deal for not sending her back if it was me.

Evie isn't 2 until September but for her birthday I've started a dressing up collection for her. I'll pick up a cheap dressing up box or rail nearer the time and I think I have 5 costumes for her - my mum has a couple too. We also ordered her a doll with her name on it but that's probably not something Harry would appreciate. What about a tool bench or mud kitchen type idea? 
  • Options
    Sorry posted before I finished typing!

Potty training is a fiasco. Every time I turned my back daddy had put her nappy on (she was asking us both for one all day). So it's on hold until he's back to work next month as he's more a hindrance than a help with giving in to them! She has learned the words poo and pee though and is properly telling us so don't think it will be a problem when we restart! In the meantime the focus is on her not climbing into my bed at 4am when she wakes up on her own!

@MrsRees totally, a lot of the symptoms other than sickness only lasted a few of the very early weeks for me! 
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 I think it’s definitely made our mind up to not send her back, I do feel bad for lily because she was so excited, but I’ve managed to bribe her to stay at the new school til Christmas and I’ll buy her a magazine every Saturday 🙃 she won’t be going back til September so she’ll be in year 2 then and they’ll have mixed the kids up so hopefully there are some girls in her new class that she really clicks with! Ohh a mud kitchen is a good idea! I’ll have a look into that! He has so many toys already that he on and off plays with, we definitely won’t be getting him a lot, we had booked to see peppa pig at the theatre on his birthday but that’s been cancelled now and postponed til February next year 🙄 which is fine I’m just gutted because it was so convenient that they were here for three days and one of them was his birthday, so now we’re thinking that theme parks are reopening beginning of July and we live 20 minutes away from Paultons park where peppa pig world is so we’ll be taking him there if they definitely re open which for three of us (Harrys free) will be £100 on its own, I just know he’ll absolutely love it! We took lily a couple of times a year up until Harry was born and she loved it! Aww bless her every time you think she’s not ready just stop and give it a couple of weeks and start again, she’ll get there eventually and they’re still so young at the moment, it definitely helps that Harry has lily and knows she doesn’t wear nappies you’ll probably find it’ll be a bit easier with Jamie! Harrys just started waking in the night again the last few nights, he’ll only let me settle him so I’m knackered 😭 I refuse to put him in our bed because he just ends up kicking me and slapping me so either way I get no sleep haha 
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry gutting about Peppa! We were meant to go and see In The Night Garden Live next week but it's been cancelled too and I think by the time it's back she might be a little old for it so we just got a refund (they asked us if we would be willing to donate the £115 for the tickets and goody bags to pay their staff wages), it was Evie and my nephews Xmas pressie so we just bought them each some clothes with the cash!

I think tonight I'm going to make up the trundle bed so I can sleep in their room and stop her before she gets near our room. Ideally Jamie will be going into the big cot next week so I don't want her to be having meltdowns and waking him up if I can help. We've only just cracked the no swaddle and he's stirring more than usual so we don't need anything else disturbing him 😂
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 aww that’s such a shame! But yeah not worth it if you think she’ll be too old for it then! We didn’t have the option of a refund 🙄 I think I’d still keep them anyway tbh! 

How did you get on with Evie sleeping in her own room with you in there? & has Jamie gone into his big cot yet? 

• Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry be nice to have the option though isn't it! We're thinking about getting them tickets for something else this Christmas but need to wait until nearer the time to see what they're interested in!

I think sleeping in her bed is going OK. She stays in there from 7.30/8 until about 4.30 then climbs in beside us until 7 or 8. Hopefully Jamie will be going in this week I just want to get it to a point where I can put her down and she just goes to sleep right now she's wanting me to sit with her until she's down!

Jamie's gone into a big carseat this week too. His head was touching the top of the baby seat already. 

Is a massive appetite a boy thing? Evies running about today in a pair of 9-12 jeans. Jamie's eating non stop, he's just had salmon noodles with broccoli then a bowl of peaches and soya ice cream and now he's looking for milk! The way it's going they'll be sharing clothes in the next few weeks!

• Options
    edited Jun 17, 2020 6:23PM
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 yeah definitely! It was either keep the tickets
    or get a voucher! They have Cinderella for the Christmas panto this year near us which I know lily will love but I don’t want to book it incase things are still like this 😔
    harrys now like that with his nap during the day wants me to sit with him 🙄 he’s fine at night though but I think it’s because Lilys in there then! It might just be a case of letting her cry it out for a bit 😬 she might be fine when she knows Jamie’s in there too!

Harry used to have a big appetite but not so much anymore, he does love his food but he doesn’t seem to eat a lot anymore, he likes to pick at things so it costs a fortune but he doesn’t eat all of everything if that makes sense 😂 I think now he’s just distracted by everything else! He still fits into 12-18 months (He’s 2 next month) so he’s not overly big either! Lily used to be the opposite she barely ate anything up until a year ago now she doesn’t stop eating! 

Jamie looks like such a big boy in his new car seat 😭 I’ll find pictures of lily & Harry the first time in there’s 😭 

lovely photo of Evelyn too! 
  • Options

Harry 13th July 2019 

Lily 18th July 2015 
  • Options
    Awwww cute pics ladies!!

@Mummytolilyandharry think you’re doing the right thing with Lily’s school. Give it a bit more time and see how she is then! 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 Jamie seems big compared to Evie!! My son was always bigger- taller anyway! 
    Matilda’s just average size I think. She’s 10 months in 6-9 clothes but probably not that far off the next size really. 

She’s sleeping a bit better in the travel cot but not like she did before I’ve been reading about the 10 month sleep regression! Yikes!!!🙈🙈
  • Options

• Options
    First ice cream today and her baby one was not enough!!!xxx
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry God Jamie looks gigantic next to them both. I don't think it helps that he's still got all the newborn padding on except the headrest but he looked uncomfortable without it! Appetite wise Evies the same, unless it's pasta, peas or edamame which she could eat by the vat load. I just serve everyone the same now because I found she was getting distracted by checking our plates to see if we had something nicer. She won't snack though, just her 3 sort of meals a day

@EmJ3 someone's enjoying that! I don't blame her, look how cute she is and her hairs really coming in isn't it! We've just moved into 6-9 this week (he was 6 months on the 8th). Its weird because he was almost 5 months and still in 0-3 vests, discovered food and has become insatiable. 
    He does look big compared to Evie, particularly since he started off smaller. There's actually less than a lb between them at this age but he's so tall, and his sisters so 'delicate' (that's what old ladies always tell me which I think is code for you need to feed her more). 
  • Options
    @EmJ3 thank you, I’m really hoping it works out! For her, Even if lily did go back to her old school I would never let Harry go there, so it’s a good thing and I think she understands why, since she was a year old she has had an obsession with Lala from teletubbies she’s never really like the teletubbies just lala for some reason so I explained to her if she had to pick a school for lala would she pick a very bad school or a very good school, I even had a bit of a meltdown to her as well I was sobbing I think it’s really taken it’s toll on me, I just want her to be happy 😔 

Matilda looks like she’s loving that! No going back now Ice cream everyday haha! 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 Aww bless him! He’s a growing boy! Such a good thing to serve the same! We do too the only time they have different is if we have something spicy! I remember my mum making 4 different meals every night I definitely will never be doing that 😂 Harrys favourites are eggs (any kind he doesn’t care if it’s an egg he’ll eat it! Scrambled, poached, boiled, Cadbury’s, kinder 😂 he loves meat as well which is new for us because lily doesn’t really like meat at all, she’s never really been keen on spag Bol, chilli or shepherds pie until recently we’ve changed to vegan mince and now she loves it! Both of them absolutely love spag carbonara as well and they’re both big big big cheese eaters 😂 lily loves her fruit (she costs me an arm and a leg in fruit) harry prefers veg (it’s hard to keep up lmao) I wish my two wouldn’t snack! It gets to about half 9 in the morning and Harry will either say biscuit or cake 😭 
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry Evie isn't a meat fan either, unless it's shredded up through a stirfry etc. I think it must be a texture thing? I use oat milk for both of them too, except her bedtime milk. Even spicy I serve 'the same' but take their portions out before I add all the spice in. Its funny though cause they're all healthy kids and I still worry about them being too big or too small!
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 I do the exact same with chilli take it out before I put the spice in, i mean like fajitas which we don’t have often anyway it’s there once in a while treat of chicken nuggets and chips that night hahaha I completely get where you’re coming from, I worry too! I measured them both & weighed them the other day to see Where they’re at on the nhs chart and it came back that Harrys on the 33rd line and that lilys overweight on the 96th! Which she has never ever ever been that high before and I know it’s just lockdown weight with her she’s used to doing so much exercise walking everywhere and doing her dancing and she’s eating a lot more now because of boredom but she’s no way overweight! It really got me down and worried, it’s funny because they say harrys the perfect weight but compared to lily he eats quite bad, he has healthy meals but he likes his crisps/biscuits & cakes where as lily will grab herself an apple or banana and everyday at lunch she’ll have strawberries, raspberries & blueberries (obv only small portions of each) so I don’t know where I’m going wrong with her atm, maybe it does just come down to her not exercising like she was or she’s about to have a massive growth spurt, I’ll post a picture of her tomorrow and you can let me know if you think she’s overweight 😞
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry I hate the centile charts. Evies the 50th for weight so 'perfect' but today her 9-12m jeans were constantly sliding down. Jamie's on the 66th and started lockdown on the 25th. I actually wonder if it could just be my scales now. Evies gained 2lbs total since she turned 1 but I think that's fairly normal? 
  • Options
    The charts make you worry a bit don’t they. Surely we’d know if they were over or under weight?? Lily definitely does not look overweight @Mummytolilyandharry. 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 This might sound silly but how are you weighing them? With you holding them etc? I want to weigh Matilda.

my little boy, who’s 8, has put on weight during lockdown. He’s usually very, very active but he’s not been footy training or any of the other sports he does. I’m going to have to get him to exercise and cut out the snacks I think. 
    Xxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 that’s exactly it, of course he’s gunna put on weight if he’s usually doing his footy training it’s exactly the same as lily with her dancing, she does dancing twice a week (ballet & acrobatic dance) and she does rainbows too which is lots of running around playing games, lily tends to snack on fruit and she’ll maybe have an ice cream if it’s hot but not everyday! I feel like I’m getting a bit obsessive with her, I can definitely see that she’s put on weight But I wouldn’t say she’s overweight! I was always fat growing up so I definitely worry about her going the same way, I don’t want her to ever have to diet I just want her to always have a healthy relationship with food and no that’s treats are great in moderation but it’s better to eat healthily majority of the time, I know once she goes back to school she’ll be absolutely fine and anything she has put on will soon go away but I really don’t wanna be buying another uniform 😂 she only wore that one for 6 weeks hahaha 

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 I think with Jamie because food is new he’ll eat anything and everything but once he starts moving any baby fat he does have will go down loads! That’s pretty normal I think with Evie, lily was 2 stone 9 at 2 and a half and she was the same weight when she was 3 and a half! Than she went to about 3 stone 4 up until lockdown and now she’s 3 stone 11 😳 Harrys 1 stone 11! 
  • Options
    @EmJ3 with Jamie I weigh myself holding him then take away my weight not holding him so its not very accurate but gives me an idea. Evie just stands on the scales every time she sees them but is always hovering around the 24lb mark. Thing is we know we're feeding them correctly 90% of the time so why do we let it bother us.

@Mummytolilyandharry I agree with EmJ, Lily has never looked even close to overweight in your pictures, and if she's less active during lockdown of course she's going to gain a little, she may also be ready to sprout a little more! Harry and Evie are almost identical in weight I'd say then given there's a few months between them - that's reassuring for me anyway! We did baby classes most days and although she's running around loads still it's the social aspect I'm worried about. Her gymnastics class mascot was staying with us for the week when lockdown started. It's now been months and she sleeps with him every night - I'm going to have to order a new one for the class because she's too attached!

Today we've been learning about flowers. Why are toddlers so weird? Here she is demanding a photo with the ones she just planted 🙈

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions