Forum homeā€ŗ Babiesā€ŗ Baby
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rainbow Babies šŸŒˆšŸ‘¶

Replies

• Options
    @MickeyS look at her she's gorgeous šŸ˜! She's got so much hair too I'm jealous, I can't believe my little baldy is only a week younger!

I'm glad you got some help with AilbhĆ­a's skin, especially with it getting hotter the past few weeks! Hopefully that's it all under control for her ā¤ļø
  • Options
    Thanks @MickeyS I'm really happy to be pregnant again but wish I wasn't so scared

Not able to get me a scan in the end the epu said no, my doctor did try but no luck, she's given me another 2 weeks off work, longest I've ever spent not working but definetly for the best I work in a care home with people with dementia so it's alot of lifting and can be aggressive so glad to be away
    I'm. Gunna book my 8 week appointment on MondayĀ 
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 theyā€™re fine going to bed! Very rarely do they play up! Ohh thatā€™s a good idea for Evie! Donā€™t blame you not buying another cot they cost a fortune and she wouldnā€™t be in it much longer anyway! There blind is from blinds2go! Itā€™s a blackout one too! Thatā€™s sounds lovely what youā€™re going to do! Canā€™t wait to see pictures!Ā 

@EmJ3 Thank you xD yeah thatā€™s a bit tricky with ages, before we moved here (2 bed) I did look on the nspcc guide to different genders bed sharing and it said they recommend after age 10 they have different rooms and Lily was 3 when we moved here so thought plenty of time! Plus we have a living room and dining room so if we were still here then lily could have the living room and we wouldnā€™t have a dining room (or small table in the corner) yeah itā€™s lovely having them in with you! Lily was in with us til a year and Harry until 10 months but that was only because he was getting too big for his crib and we couldnā€™t fit his cot in our bedroom!Ā 

@MickeyS aww she looks beautiful a proper little girl bless her! Iā€™m glad her skin is a lot better it

@Mrs@MrsRees could you not have a private scan if you get really worried?Ā 

I need everyoneā€™s opinionĀ 

so in January lily moved school as her old school had an inadequate ofsted rating there were a few other things that happened that made me want to move her but I think because I was stressed I over reacted and she was at her new school about 6 weeks before I pulled her out because of COVID she feels like she has no friends at her new school and just says itā€™s okay Iā€™ll Just sit on my own šŸ˜” where as at her old school everyone wanted to be her friend and she loved it! Iā€™m now regretting moving her I Never felt like the new school was her school if
    you know what I mean I feel like I was taking her to someone elseā€™s school, obv now sheā€™s had all this time
    off she really really doesnā€™t want to go back and gets all upset when I tell her she has to go back at some point, would you move her back to her old school or would you leave her at her new school and hope she settles in eventually?Ā 
  • Options
    Hmmmm thatā€™s tricky @Mummytolilyandharry. I do think sheā€™ll settle in to her new school but I can see why youā€™re thinking of sending her back to her old one. How bad was her old one? It depends on the reasons as to why you took her out. With an inadequate ofsted, there will be a lot if money and resources invested into it to make it better.Ā 
    I think itā€™s wherever theyā€™ll ge happiest personally but 6 weeks probably isnā€™t enough time for her to know!xxxx
  • Options
    @EmJ3 I think itā€™s that sheā€™s not made any friends šŸ˜” she cant name one friend at her new school, the old school wasnā€™t actually that bad! She enjoyed going I enjoyed taking her she was comfortable there, learning lots! It was when the inadequate ofsted came out that everyone seemed to be stressed (teachers and leaders) & Iā€™ve spoken to a few of the mums recently that said itā€™s a lot better now! I think I rushed into it šŸ˜”
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry itā€™s a natural reaction. A lot will be put into place to improve the school so if your gut is telling you to send her back, then with coronavirus, the kids wonā€™t even remember she left so itā€™s very easy for her to slot back in!xx
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry totally understand your decision but as EmJ says they will have put a lot of effort into improving the rating so sending her back if that's where she's going to be happiest is probably a good idea?

I also think ofsted is all well and good (personally) but doesn't really show the whole picture. My school was one of the top state schools in Scotland (top 10) for results and osted rated it excellent for everything, this was secondary though, but the bully culture etc was absolutely shocking. Plus kids will perform how they're going to perform and Lily sounds a bright little cookie ā¤ļø
  • Options
    @Mummytolilyandharry I would if I could but there's no private places for a scan for 70 miles round here and Wales your still only allowed to travel 5 milesĀ 
  • Options
    How are you feeling @MrsRees?
    How are you @Bobble321?

have you decided about Lilyā€™s school @mummytolilyandharry?Ā 

@evelynandjamiesmummy6390 howā€™s things with your 2?xxxx
  • Options
    Iā€™m good emj! Thanks for asking, have a midwife appointment for bloods this afternoon so see whatā€™s said then then have my booking appointment on Thursday over the phoneĀ 

how are you? Xx
  • Options
    @MrsRees that's rubbish! We're the same up in Scotland except we've been 'strongly advised' not to go more than 5 miles. Thankfully my parents are 4.5 miles from us!

@Bobble321 glad you're well! I know it probably feels like it's been forever to you but I can't believe it's your booking appointment already, it'll be odd having it over the phone I bet!

@EmJ3 we're all good! Getting their bedroom carpet fitted just now so at some point this week we might get Jamie into his cot, he was 6 months yesterday and I was planning to keep him with us until 7 months but we're disturbing him when we go to bed! Last night he woke up and Evie sat up, shouted 'Shhhh Jim' and went straight back to sleep - couldn't help but laugh. How are all your tribe?Ā 
  • Options
    Having a hard time at the minute really struggling with bad dreams and worried about symptoms and if I'm having enough of themĀ 
    I'm. 7 weeks tomorrow time is going so slowlyĀ 
    My main symptom is bloating maybe a bit of sore boobs if I wear a bra,
    I've been gagging a bit but I wonder if that's down to anxiety sometimes

My biggest fear at the minute is getting all the way to a 12 week scan and being told its a mmc especially with the current situation and having to go on my own if I miscarry I'd rather do it sooner than later you know
    I know I'm. Really negative but it's the only way I know how to protect my heartĀ 
  • Options
    @Bobble321 a midwife app is exciting!!!
    @MrsRees I totally understand your negativity. I did it too but do you know what, youā€™ve waited a long time to be pregnant so try to let the excitement in a little bit too!! I know itā€™s about self preservation though!

Iā€™m surprised your epu wont see you for an early scan- itā€™s a bit mean with what youā€™ve been through! You could always make something up to be seen!

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 Thatā€™s so funny about Evie!! Itā€™s going to be fun with them sharing a room!!!Ā 
    Matildaā€™s in the travel cot now and itā€™s so much better. Itā€™s much smaller so she obviously didnā€™t like the space of the cot bed yet. I wish Iā€™d have known before I bought it as it takes up a lot of space in our room!

matilda is 10 months old today!Ā 
    It really has flown! Iā€™m so broody for another but my hubby and my platelets (in my blood) say no!! Theyā€™re still too low!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
    xxxx

• Options
    Iā€™m nervous about it, Iā€™m going to discuss smoking with her because I am really really struggling and feeling terrible
    mrsrees try not to worry your doing everything right? Have they point blank said no to early scan? Totally get the boob thing when the bra is on, like when I take it off they sensitive but itā€™s defo lessened in the last couple of days but Iā€™m bloated and feeling slightly nauseous just randomly, your worries are mine too I donā€™t want to get to that point then be told there something wrong, Iā€™m gonna ask again about EPU but I hardly doubt thereā€™ll be any movement on that cxx
  • Options
    When youā€™ve experienced a loss, the first 12 weeks and sometimes further are really hard arenā€™t they. Iā€™m so jealous of my friend at work, sheā€™s got her scan today (12 week) and sheā€™s just excited. She has had an earlier scan because her dates were wrong but I long for that kind of pregnancy again where everythingā€™s rosey! Losing a baby previously robs you off that. I found my pregnancy so stressful and anxious with Matilda. I was a wreck but ladies, she was worth every tear and every worry!!!
    šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ»šŸ¤žšŸ»Xxxx
  • Options
    Yeah it was a definete no with epu for a scan, it's really u fair as they promised me I could have one but bloody caronavirus has to ruin everything
    I just can't get it out of my head Thst something will go wrong, maybe it is just me protecting myself I dunno

Wow @EmJ3 10 months already that has flown by so quick I can't believe it
    Ā I feel very blessed that I've got to see these babies grow up šŸ˜
  • Options
    Mrsrees I was like that with Rosie I think itā€™s a self protection thing but Iā€™d say once your past 12 weeks try and trust your body and enjoy it because my anxiety definetily ruined my pregnancy :( xx
  • Options
    @MrsRees I totally understand. With Evie I was a wreck until I saw her on the ultrasound screen, although she still manages to panic me now with some of her antics. I hope your scan flies in for you! The fact you have symptoms is a very good sign!

@Bobble321 how is your anxiety this time? I found I was a little better with Jamie because I knew my body could carry a healthy baby (and I puked constantly).

@EmJ3 how is she 10 months already! Time goes too quickly!

We put Evie into her big bed tonight. We're almost done decorating, I'm just waiting on some cloud decals for all around the room and some rainbow garland but I'm pretty impressed how it's come out! I was worried it would be a bit girly for Jamie!Ā 

• Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 the room is gorgeous! Youā€™ve done so well making it so nice for them both! Love the clouds and rainbow theme!xxx
  • Options
    @Bobble321 yeah if I can get to a 12 weeks scan and all be OK then I think I will settle and enjoy it but still 5 weeks to get there so a bit more time of panicking yet

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 symptoms aren't so strong at the minute but I know that can be normal
    I love the room it looks really good and it's a good mix for both evie and Jamie it's hard to find a way to have a room for a boy and girl but I think you've done it wellĀ 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions