Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Such beautiful girls! 
    Can I ask @Rainbowsunshine what symptoms did Everleigh have? I thought Evelyn had cmpa so went dairy free for her but reintroduced it and nothing much changed. Shes still very much an emotional baby, shes grumpy most of the time 😅 but I think it's because she wants to be on the move now ( to get to mummy usually) but she has the best laughs (usually the best ones from her sister) and she gives me the best cuddles 
    Shes very clingy to me still I love it and hate it at the same time. 
    @lozzz shes hit and miss with food, I do a mix of blw and purees but she would still rather have her milk. The best time she eats is when we all sit and eat together
    She has slept through once in her little life but usually is still up once, at the moment twice a night I've no idea why she self settles at the start of bedtime and naps but cant sleep through.
    She has two teeth now and loves to stand holding on to mummy. We play this game all day Haha. 
    We are in a local lockdown at the moment so that's fun but we have managed to get onto a baby sensory class and I love it 
    Cant wait to hear from the others glad you're all well

• Options
    Aww beautiful babies love seeing how they are all growing 
    When we was i lockdown I also had to have a phone appointment with everleighs health visitor is there anyone you can ring to ask im not sure everleigh does eat food but has been off it since teething she wont take much at the minute since her teeth started showing themselves i just give her milk when ever she wants it also she always had a dummy and just completely out of no where has refused it everyone says its great but its really not 😂 its the way she used to fall asleep so now its just with a bottle 
    @MUM2TB everleighs always been twisty she needs alot of attention and shes also still waking through the night sometimes once other times more its rare she just goes straight through anymore i didn't think she had a milk allergy untill I took her off all dairy it got worse when we started weaning she would come out in hive rashes every day for a couple of months as soon as she had eaten anything like this pic and I'd put her down for a nap and she was making sounds as if she had a blanket over her face but when I'd check she would just be flapping around breathing heavy  before weaning the only symptom was she was so unsettled all the time and would scream out in pain which we put down to her reflux and was constantly like she had a blocked nose but since stopping the dairy she not had a single rash id still say she's twisty thou haha 

We are also back in local lockdown but with all the rising cases looks like it will be stricter all over very soon im sick of it all now i know it has to be done thou xx
  • Options
    Oh look at those wee darlings! Such beautiful girls. Lewis is doing well. 8 and a bit months now. So close to crawling, he’s doing that rocking on all fours thing and he can go backwards but forwards is tricky. He gets so cross when the toy he is trying to reach gets further away! 

Sorry to hear the wee ones are struggling with allergies. It’s so difficult I’m sure. Hope you find something to make it better soon.

As for feeding, I’m afraid I don’t have any tried and true tips but if she just wants milk and won’t eat solids could you start with a tiny tiny amount blended in to her milk and slowly change the ratio of food to milk until she is used to the taste? It’s so tough that. 

We’re ok at the moment. The big one has started nursery school so we’ve been able to get out twice a day for walks to take and collect him. Where I live is going in to local lockdown again this evening. Lewis’s health visitor is coming for his 6-9 month review today which I’m thrilled about because he’s getting an in person visit before they all stop again. This will be the only one he’s had since he was 8 weeks! X
  • Options
    @Ninjabunni how did Lewis 6-9 month check go?

Everleighs not crawling properly yet she gets every where she wants thou and fast she does the army shuffle she staring to push her self up with her feet and just is in an arch with her but in the air haha 

We are on the first night of taking bottles off my two year old wasnt too bad have had a few tears but finally asleep but she uses the bottle as a Comforter and nursery think that's why we are struggling with potty training because she just has so much wee building up 🙈 I didn't let her have her juice in a bottle the other morning before nursery and she was dry all day wish i had realised all this when we started potty training months ago 😂 

Everleigh is just sat in her jumperoo bouncing away deciding when she ready for bed urghh really struggle with this i do feel at time like I get no time off when my two year old was her age she was in bed between 6 and 6.30 and slept through every night i put everleigh up around that time and shes always back up by 7 half 7 the latest like she just has a little nap xx
  • Options
    Oh Rainbow thats tough, what is Everleigh like if you don’t put her down til 7:30? Can you persevere? I know it’s controversial but I did gentle sleep training with both boys and in a week they were being put in their cot awake and self settling through the night. Now I’m under no illusions that I’m incredibly lucky and will never ever win the lottery because I’ve used all my good fortune on having two good night sleepers but it’s maybe something to consider if Everleigh isn’t good at sleeping through. It’s a rough week and can take a while to reinforce but it might help 🤷🏻‍♀️

Lewis’s review went well thanks, he’s a whopping 24lbs so still on the 98th centile but that’s what I expected as he’s been there since birth. HV was pleased with how mobile he is and how alert so I’m pleased. I had no worries about him but it’s nice to have a professional confirm that there is nothing to fret about x
  • Options
    Thanks @Ninjabunni I've been leaving her for 5 mins everytime she wakes and then just going back in to settle her and eventually its paid off she started to go straight back off now wish I had tried that months ago would of saved alot of stress 

Glad Lewis review went well im sure everleigh was 21 pound last time she was weighed she has lovely chunky legs had her feet measured the other day shes a 3.5 H (extra wide) 😂 shes started crawling now and climbing up everything she even trys to let go and stand alone for a few seconds then falls down she went on a swing the other day at the park for the first time she loved it xx

• Options
    Ahhhh! Yaaaay! Go Everleigh! So pleased you’re getting some more settled sleep with her. It’s not for everyone but I swore by letting them have a little time to self soothe before going in them. Everleigh is just gorgeous, a wee princess. Lewis still isn’t crawling forwards but he’s so good at scooching backwards and rolling that he may not ever do it. Just found out today that my dad has tested positive for covid so we’re all in isolation now as my parents were bubbled with us. Dreading the next two weeks and it’s rubbish that I can’t get to see him when he is ill but what can we all do? Hope you’re all keeping safe xx
  • Options
    Awww no way I hope he just has it mildly and none of you have caught it must be worrying time for you i know id just be waiting for the symptoms to start  its really scary again at the minute with all the rising cases we are in the North east its pretty bad up here at the minute.

I'm sure Lewis gets to every where he wants to without crawling properly I know everleigh was I was up and down as much as I am now when she was just rolling and dragging herself along xx
  • Options
    Oh yes the North East is pretty bad too isn’t it? I’m in NI and we had over 1000 cases reported in 24 hours this week so it was kind of inevitable that eventually it would touch our family. He’s ok for now. Just feels like a bad cold but I’ve been frantically googling symptoms all day! Not doing myself any favours but it is what it is x
  • Options
    How are you getting on @Ninjabunni hope your dad is ok and all of you have not developed any symptoms xx
  • Options
    🚨 Calling Cat Parents! We're recruiting for a Gourmet Nature's Creations cat food product test 🚨
    If you'd like to signup to take part, please head to latest discussions where you can find the signup thread. There's a £300 Amazon voucher up for grabs too. 😻
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

Hope you are all doing well. Can't believe it is inching closer to our bubs first birthdays! 😱 I feel like it has been such a slow year but also very quick, if that makes sense 😆

Things are going well here - we came out of hard lockdown just under 2 weeks ago, and we have had our 16th day in a row of no covid cases 🙌 whilst things aren't totally back to normal (masks are still mandatory whenever we leave the house) it is much better than it has been. I've been able to visit my parents for the first time in 4 months, and I have caught up with a few friends for dinner/drinks which was so much fun (maybe TOO much fun, my hangover lasted about 3 days 😬). It kind of makes the 4 months of harsh restrictions worth it, especially now that the weather is warming up and we can do pre-covid things like have a BBQ with a few mates and go to the beach.

Zoe is going well, still not eating as much as I would like but she is improving. She's taken her first few (assisted) steps and tries to climb up EVERYTHING 🤦‍♀️. I'm looking forward to being able to get together with more friends who have bubs so she can play with them.

I hope everyone is coping okay with everything happening over in the UK - I have a friend who lives in London and he is struggling a bit. It's such a crap situation to be in, and I really sympathise with you all. Hopefully things get under control soon and everyone stays healthy and safe! 

• Options
    Hi @lozzz

So glad things are getting better for you and your able to see people again and get out the house enjoying yourself we are back in lockdown till the 2nd of December but at least this time children can still go school well I say at least its still a worry im seeing so many more people catching it that I actually know now two people in my street have just recently had it loads of children at my daughters school too my daughter has had to isolate for 2 weeks due to close contact with someone luckily she was fine and didn't catch it.

I know exactly what you mean its been and long and short year cant beileve they are nearly one zoes beautiful and looks like she coming on great everleigh is also into everything cant sit down for two mins 😂 we are at hospital Tuesday morning to do her allergy testing so will be interesting to see if shes over come it all I really hope so its such a pain constantly checking whats in every food.

Hope everyone else is keeping well too xx

• Options
    Oh my gosh Zoe and Everleigh are so beautiful! We are doing fine, Freddie is MASSIVE and about to go into age 2-3. Not really surprising as hubby is 6ft 4 but still feel like we’ve missed out on a bit of the babyness! He’s standing and walking a few steps with his Walker, although on our wood floor it goes a bit too quick and he ends up doing the splits sometimes 😂. Stay safe everyone!
  • Options
     Whoops sorry about the random photo!
  • Options
    hi everyone, your babies are just so so adorable.
    Evelyn is doing well, STILL doesnt sleep but I'm so used to it now Haha. 
    stopped breastfeeding now I managed 8.5 months and I'm so happy but sad at the same time. 
    shes crawling and cruising and takes some assisted steps and she is into EVERYTHING
    I love her little personality shes still a grump but a very loving cuddly grump haha
  • Options
    Awh I’m so pleased all our little ones are doing well. They are all so adorable!! Lewis is great, crawling really well now and starting to pull up but he’s not massively keen as he’s so quick at crawling he doesn’t see the need to learn to walk! He has me exhausted! Still sleeping really well at night but hardly any down time at all during the day and he’s earned the name Captain Destructo (and sometimes Lord Deathwish) he is in to everything, especially if it’s dangerous. I thought I had baby proofed really well til he started moving! 
  • Options
    Beautiful babies glad they are all doing well 

Love Lewis's names @Ninjabunni everleigh is the same shes got an obsession with the plug socket and Internet cable im back and forth its unbelievable how fast she can crawl when she want to get to it 😂 we actually put the Christmas tree up and its still standing i thought she would of had it over on day one but shes scared of it I think its the feel of it she wont even go near...yes! 

She took her first steps today unassisted she was walking along the sofa then took about 3 steps off of it so of course ive had her doing it over and over so I could get a video haha 

Hospital for her allergies went well too shes able to start the milk ladder now and just got to stay away from banana for another year then try her xx 
  • Options
    NinjabunniNinjabunni Regular
    edited Nov 18, 2020 4:39PM
    Woohoo! Yay Everleigh! That’s brilliant to be walking so early. And you’re so lucky. I’ve had to barricade my tree off before the crawling menace gets at it. He tried to bite tinsel the other day. Honestly that boy has a death wish!!
    Great news about Everleigh’s allergies. Hopefully she will be back on dairy eventually then x
  • Options
    RainbowsunshineRainbowsunshine Regular
    edited Nov 18, 2020 11:38PM
    Haha oh beileve me last year my tree was pulled over so many times by my nearly 3 year old this year shes not bothered touching it either added bonus I think with everleigh she cringes about things she touches like my partners stubble she screws her eyes up and shudders 😂😂 she probably resembles the tree with that haha your tree looks beautiful I cant wait for Christmas this year after missing most of the last one.

I'm quite shocked shes started walking as shes quite wobbly but she hasn't stopped since think we are up to about 7 steps now all fun and games today but I'm sure ill be wishing she wasn't soon im already saying to the older children not near the door or the TV unit as she just drops down or to the side when her legs give way xx