Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

January 2020 Babies

Replies

• Options
    Oh no, poor Everleigh! Hopefully she will overcome the allergies by the next time she has them 🤞 she is looking absolutely adorable though! Can't believe she is almost 5 months - it seems like only last week we were all complaining about how sick of being pregnant we were 😆🤣

Zoe is going well, too. She's almost grown out of her bassinet, so it won't be long until she's moving into her own room 😱 She went through a little bit of sleep regression a few weeks back, but since we increased her bottle amount she has gone back to sleeping 8 or so hours at night 🙏. She has her 4 month needles next week; I've been trying to get the flu shot for myself and my 3 year old, but there is a huge shortage at the moment so nowhere seems to have any in stock 😤.

Hope everyone is enjoying the new normal with all the covid19 restrictions! They are starting to ease them here, we are allowed to visit family and friends now (max 5 people at a time) which means I've been able to utilise the grandparents again! And Kye is back at daycare 2 days a week from Monday - not a moment too soon lol. 

• Options
    Poor Everleigh , it’s horrid when the have a bad reaction. Everleigh & Zoe are just too cute! Freddie’s doing well, he’s also weaning, he’s so long he’s in 6-9 month clothes (and will be in 9-12 buy July I think!) I’ve had to buy braces as trousers just won’t stay up around his waist, even though he’s podgy 😂. We’ve got last set of immunisations tomorrow, I’ve been told under this regime they are the same as the first set so have worse reactions. The regime changed on New Years Day though so I think only Everleigh and Freddie are having it done the same xxx
  • Options
    Oh look at those gorgeous babies! I could squish them all! Lewis is doing well too. He’s 4 and a half months now and like Freddie he’s in 6-9 months because of his length. We’ve had no health visitor visits because of the current situation so I measured him myself and as far as I can tell he’s still 98th centile for height and weight. Started rolling over now so I can’t take my eyes off him. Thankfully his big bro is a total snitch and tells me when he so much as blinks! 
    Hope you’re all keeping as well as possible girls xx
  • Options
    Hi everyone it’s been so long! Notifications were going to junk mail for some reason and not inbox. George was 19 weeks yesterday, has had all of his injections and has started on a little baby porridge and baby yoghurts.  His sleep is ‘okay’ he’ll start the night going 5/6hrs then 3hrs and 3hrs so 2 sometimes 3 wake ups 😴 

lovely to see all the photos, it was a year ago tomorrow I got my first pregnancy test positive. I’m lucky not to be back at work until January however I am a nurse for the Nhs so do wonder what I’ll be going back to xx 
  • Options
    Hi ladies I've just been catching up on all your posts. I'm sorry I've not been in touch much its just been manic at home with the kids off school and Sophie only wanting me and then my partner working from home I feel like we are all on top of each other haha. 
    Your babies are all so gorgeous. I work for the NHS and I have to finish my 12 week placement on the oncology day unit. I start in 2 weeks otherwise I don't qualify. I'm so scared to go back but they have assured me the oncology unit is minimal risk for corona but its scary still and I'm really upset as Sophie is only 4 months old. I guess I knew all this when I got pregnant that I had to go back and finish my degree but now it's here I still can't help but get upset. 
    So Sophie has a brilliant routine through the day where she naps in her cot next to my bed about 4, times a day but come night time she turns into satins spawn and will not sleep in her cot I just don't get it!! I end up Co sleeping half the time just to get some sleep.  This is my 3rd time around and I still feel clueless 😭😭. Xxxx
  • Options
    Oh my gosh sooo cute! Jules I love your milk bath I did the same when Evelyn hit 3 months.

Her sleep is terrible. She wakes 3 times a night sometimes 2 hourly and her naps are only cat naps it's so hard. I wonder if it's because shes breastfed? Are you still breastfeeding jules? Want to hit 6 months and see where we go. I've started to cut out dairy from my diet because her poos are really bad, not sure if it could be teething but they've always been quite mucousy 

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe

• Options
    Awwwww @MUM2TB Evelyn is so cute. I combination feed as she was always screaming during a feed and she wasn't gaining alot of weight as expected so the midwife suggested I do that rather then give up totally with breasfeeding. So she has both and she's alot more settled I just wish she would go longer through the night. Her bamboo plates have just came for when I start weaning, I like to be all ready but I'm scared to do the baby led weaning but Im sure she will be fine. I was always used to mush foods with the boys so it's a new experience for me. Sophies pops are quite mucousy too she's always been the same really. I love breasfeeding her at night it's the only way I can settle her. In fact no matter what putting her on the boob is the only thing that settles her so I think il end up going it for a while yet 🤣 xxxx
  • Options
    Haha I love and hate it, shes so fussy on the boob at the minute I always wonder if shes getting enough but shes an absolute tank at the moment with plenty of wet and dirty nappies. It just seems to be a bit hard work sometimes. I've introduced a bottle now with expressed milk so glad she can take both. I love feeding at night too it's so much more calmer just wish she slept 🤣 

I cant wait to start weaning, I'm after those bamboo sets too they look really good. I'm going to try blw this time I was too petrified with my first

Had anyone got experience with a catnapper its driving me insane she will only have 30 minutes at a time 😭
  • Options
    All these babies are beautiful and grown so much ❤

Are you putting her up to bed when shes asleep @MUM2TB I've had this issue with everleigh and I'd say it's only been the last two weeks I'm starting to get a bit of a longer sleep out of her rather than letting her nap downstairs I've started putting her up in her cot with the blackout blind down and her cot mobile on she uses a muslin square to hold and she rubs it on her face and I just put her dummy in i do it when she awake or when shes just starting to nod off and shes started to sleep up there now and its ment I've been able to put her bed around 6pm for the night as before this she was being rocked in the bouncy chair constantly and would sleep for about ten mins all the way up till I went bed the only down side is she now wakes at some point through the night for a bottle but goes back off so I can cope with that now I have my arm and evening back 😂 

Also recommend the bamboo feeding stuff we have recently just got them for my 2 year old there brillaint will be using them for everleigh aswell once shes abit bigger xx
  • Options
    Freddie is a micro sleeper in the day. James (now 7) was horrendous until he was 2, no stretches day or night longer than 20 mins. Freddie will only sleep 15 mins or so when held during the day, put him down and he screams! Night time he’s great, we average between 11-12 hours , he wriggles a bit around 3 am but never cries or fully wakes up, in fact his night sleep is so good his nappy can’t keep up and he’s regularly wet through. We’ve found a light show really helps him get off at night, he just stares at it then falls asleep! Xx
  • Options
    Lewis has a mini nap of about 30 mins in the morning but then a good one in the afternoon. He sleeps through now which is great but does rely on white noise a bit. I’m starting a group called All Hail The Mighty Sleep Sheep because we love Ewan the sleep sheep so much in this house 😂 but generally we’re ok. In a good feeding and napping routine and very at having a socially distanced visit with nanny and granda!
  • Options
    Can you let me know your routines please I feel like I'm really out of my depth with this one. I was trying to put her down awake but she heavily relies on me putting her to sleep it's such a battle. Trying to keep to her awake times but she just seems to be grumpy after an hour and 20 mins and shes ready for another nap. She has about 5 to 6 a day!

She does have a dummy but she wants me all the time, even if it's just to stroke her face she needs contact. My first I could put down and leave no problem but Evelyn is very tactile. X
  • Options
    Oh that’s so hard. My first fell asleep in my arms every night then was transferred to his cot asleep until he got to be about 6.5 months and was too big and we did a version of controlled crying (with a lot of gin for me) and in 3 days he was going in awake and settling himself. He has always been a settled sleeper though.  Lewis is even bigger than his brother and I’m already getting to the stage that I can’t carry him (especially because we were in a bungalow with his brother and have to get upstairs with him) so we’re trying to decide what to do with him. He’s too young for controlled crying. Might have to rock him to sleep upstairs after an evening feed and see how it goes x
  • Options
    Honestly @MUM2TB I feel like Sophie and Evelyn are similar. She has lots of naps through the day but she's always fussy still, she only wants me and if I leave a room or put her down shes looking for me and cries alot until I'm with her again. I had a cry last night but I think it just gets on top of me at times. I've never experienced a clingy baby before. My boys were brilliant I could put them down and do odd little jobs but with Sophie if I put her down she looks at me like I've broke her heart and starts screaming. I've tried leaving her for a while to see if she will settle but she never does. Maybe when I go back to work she will settle more with her dad and things will change 🤞. Her naps are getting shorter and shorter too but I can't swaddle her anymore as she was nija rolling on her front and since I've stopped the swaddling she wakes up and can't seem to self sooth back asleep in her cot and I can see her on the monitor screaming the place down. Maybe lockdown is having something to do with it too as my boys had family around alot and friends but since lockdown Sophie only has me, her dad and the boys and the boys don't bother much as their older so it's me and her dad but I have the milk so she's not bothered about daddy 😂. I think I just need a nice soak in the bath with out the usual "baaaabe Sophies crying for you" or "maaaaaam she's hungry again" hahahaha. I sound so selfish don't i, I don't mean to sound like that but sometimes I feel like a half an hour uninterrupted would be bliss xxxx
  • Options
    Oh my God @#Jules# they are very similar, Evelyn screams when I leave the room shes only ever happy in my arms, thought she would get easier and she got older but nope! Hoping today we get better with naps, last night was horrendous up every 2 hrs again 😴😴 this must be the 4 month sleep regression 
  • Options
    I think George is just having a 4 month regression! A lot more winey in the day, he cat naps for 20-30mins every 2/3hrs but generally when I’m holding him or when we are out for a walk in his pram.  I do need to try the dim lighting and in his Snuzpod during the day to see if he will sleep longer so I can get stuff done as husband is still working 6 days a week so just the two of us!  I had a little meltdown Tuesday...mixture of baby and been so over this lockdown and Corona Virus situation. Also worrying about leaving George when I do go back to work as he won’t know anybody and I hate to think he’ll think I’ve abandoned him! 😢 
    Nights he’ll generally sleep 7-1, 1-4, 4-6.  I wish he’d just cut out the 4am feed as with husband working I’m doing all the night feeds 😴 Glad to hear it’s not just me though! We’ll get there ladies xx 
  • Options
    We don’t have a massively set routine, we normally give Freddie his solids (home made organic pureés - he can’t blw yet he just throws it on the floor) bath around 6 with bath time products (lavender added to his dermol prescription eczema stuff) he then has a play in his jumperoo (he’s huge for his age so easily fits on middle setting), I give him his bottle around 7:15 (he was never really able to breastfeed, combination of tongue tie, being very ill with jaundice and him just struggling!)
    then we have a silly story, play row row row your boat (me or daddy rocking him and singing) then a cuddle and off to bed. Once he’s in bed he loves his light show so while he’s staring at it either of us gently put a hand on his chest which really comforts him. 2 minutes later he’s asleep for the night, normally 7:30 but never later than 9. He gets up around 7am the following morning. We are blessed but my 7&8 year olds regularly wake at 5 still 😂 xx 
  • Options
    We don't have a routine set up yet, either. It's been pretty much a case of 'whatever is working right now, do that' 🤣 

Zoe normally has a feed around 7ish, and then she usually falls asleep until 10:30ish when I give her a dream feed before I go to bed. Then she'll wake up anywhere between 5 - 8am for her morning feed. During the day there is no routine at all, we just kinda cruise along. Her brother is back at daycare next week though so things might change once there is a bit more structure. In saying that, we didn't really have a routine with Kye until he was older, too. 
  • Options
    Everleigh is very clingy too even though we are starting to get somewhere with her day time sleep meaning getting her in the cot not the bouncy chair and her going off on her own she still very clingy to me if I nip to the shop I come back shes screaming but the moment I take her she stops it bloody hard and I mean I've had many a days I've sat and cried that even just trying to have a bath is just not possible I'll run a shallow bath jump in and out as shes screaming again like I said earlier I've only just this last two weeks been able to enjoy her as much as I hate to say it its been so so so terriable before hand where day in I felt like I was getting up just to exist and do the same thing again I literally would sit just rocking constantly day and night in a bouncy chair for her to sleep 5 mins and thats it while trying to deal with a two year old and do housework she used to go bed when I did and would sleep the whole night but I think she was shattered from being up all day and till about 11pm she would just sleep till 7 but now I put her up between 6 and 7 she sleeps till sometime 5am sometime 3.30 but will take a bit of milk while lying in her cot so I'm not moving her and waking her too much stick the dummy straight back in and shes back asleep I'd rather have my evenings back than sleep all night 🙈 

I'd definitely recommend the night shows for in the cot we have that and a manually twisty cot mobile and I put both on she will stare at the night show and fall asleep xxx
  • Options
    I don’t want to say anything because Lewis has got over his sleep regression I think and is back to sleeping 7-6 with a dream feed at 10:30 so I am hugely grateful for it but in desperate need as he won’t let anyone else nurse him at the moment and cries as soon as I leave the room so the days are long but full of cuddles so it’s all ok.