Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

December 2016 Babies

Replies

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well today? I have to say, I had no idea about the sleeping baby grunting all night when I had my first - it was perhaps the most surprising thing, but it does eventually stop! 

We wanted to let you know about two new threads today. 

The first is, when did you have your first period after giving birth? Please do come and tell us over on this new thread here. 

We've also just kicked off this sponsored thread - if you'd like to come and share what your child is/was afraid of, you could win a £100 Amazon voucher! That thread is here. 

• Options

We're just stopping by to let you know about a new thread today...

We're asking, how long was your labour? Please do come and share over here. 
    We'd love to hear from you.

• Options

Brax and I just wanted to stop in and say everyone is doing well :) image

• Options

Hi Brax

Love your Bib x 

Amara only has eyes for her daddy, she's yet to look at me in the face this intently only my boobs 🙈 image

• Options

Thanks for the advice Jademarieb. 

We have stopped using the infacol as Josh has been diagnosed with Reflux so the docs have given us gaviscon  try him on. I must say after the first dose of gaviscon he seemed much more settled so fingers crossed it does the trick. 

anyone else had babies with reflux? 

How is everyone else x

• Options

Thanks Mrs01. Has anyone heard of that Ewan the dream sheep and if so are they any good? My little one can take a while to settle down and makes little moan noises as if she a bit frightened or feels alone. I comfort her as much as I can but wondering if this would help? X

• Options

Rachael2016; my baby doesn't suffer reflux but my friends little one does and she too is on gaviscon and has said it's worked wonders for her. She also uses special bottles called Dr Browns to help limit the intake of air, spit ups etc.

Fingers crossed it does the same for your little one. X

• Options

That's ok rachel2016 dont really have any advice for reflux sorry. My little one has been so much better bringing her wind up after stopping the infacol which is fubny as before that she was like you described your baby. 

Smith123 my DD loves her Ewan I highly recommend it :) 

• Options

Hi all, 

Hope everyone is well. Jademarie, what a lovely photo of them and Brax, you are looking very alert!

Frankie can have reflux at times but it seems to have mostly gone now. I didnt try anything for it as I was worried it may cause constipation or sonething. She can be colicky at times so am now wondering whether to try infacol. 

She still needs an aid to help her sleep - either rocking or feeding and will wake when we put her in the moses basket. 

I unfortunately developed mastitis and then a breast abscess so am on weekly visits to the hospital to get it drained. 

How is everyone else doing x

• Options

Matthew & Amelia are 12wks today & my gosh this latest growth spurt is exhausting. The pair are now more alert & both want cuddles & social interaction for most of the day  (& sometimes overnight too).

Mummy has yet another head cold so is feeling even more shattered. Everyone is affected though so I can't really complain too much as all in the one boat.

Hope everyone else is OK. X 

• Options

Hi ladies not been on for a while hope all is good Josephine is a month old now happy baby really well with both bottles and wind xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well? It's so lovely to read your updates and see your pictures? How's the night time baby grunting going? 

Over at MFMHQ, we've been talking about the changes that happen to our breasts while we were pregnant (think giant nipples, giant veins, change in nipple colour etc)... we wondered if you fancied sharing what, if any changes your breasts might have gone through tooover on this thread?

• Options

Hi everyone, we're putting together some articles about IVF and we were hoping, if any of you might have had any experience with IVF, won't you come and tell us about it on this thread please? Thank you.  

• Options

Well, Kevin is at 6 weeks so I thought I'd express some milk to be able to give him to Jerry and get a bit of sleep.

i know it is said that bottle feeding can interfere with breastfeeding but with Sophie she didn't care how my milk came to her. Well, Kevin does, he actually refused breast milk from the bottle. I'm amazed. Anyone else had this happen? Is it worth sticking with it?

• Options

Sorry to hear that S&k Mum. I think it can be quite common though. Frankie will refuse it if it's not the right temperature... too hot or cold and towards the end of a bottle,she gets upset. I guess this is because it cools slightly and from breast it is always warm.

I would keep going but maybe store your milk as 1 oz bags so you do not waste it. You could try different bottles. Sometimes its the teat/flow. I use medela. A friend of mine really struggled and in the end purchased this https://www.mimijumi.co.uk/?gclid=CJeO6aam6tACFYu4GwodbdEPjw i think it is expensive but i know other people who have tried about ten different bottles. Also, Frankiee will refuse the bottle if she is too upset/hungry/wants comforting so really try to time it right when he is just starting to show hunger cues (which if your like me, have difficulty finding) When he does finally get it, give him a bottle everyday so he gets the hang of it. 

Hang in there mama but dont stress he will get there!

• Options

My friend was the same s&k mum but unfortunately for her she just carried on feeding and now regrets it as her partner has taken a step back from responsibility of feeds so she does all the feeds now and she's shattered!!! 

I think my lo is going through growth spurt, she's 5 weeks old and she's very grumpy and wont self settle has to be on me to settle which is not easy as my OH works away in the week so I literally get nothing done!! She's feeding closer together but then sleeping longer inbetween but overall still taking roughly same amount off food in 24hrs. this has been going on for 3 days now. 

Does this sound familiar to anyone? X

• Options

Smith123,  you must be doing a grand job of comforting her and making her feel safe!

I had the same at 5 weeks and OH also works away so I really sympathise. Have you tried a sling?  Frankie wasnt too keen but i think perhaps i didnt persevere enough. I found it so hard to even cook dinner and it made me really miserable. If you can, try arranging some nights out to eat at parents/friends. I hated asking initially but it was so much better. I had a cooked meal, no washing up and extea hands to rock Frankie. I also find she is always more settled out the house. I think its the car journey. It does gt better though. Frankie is now sleeping 7-9 hours through and even starting to fall asleep without rocking/feeding, something I thought was going to be impossible. 

• Options

That's great advise re eating out thank you :) Ive been recommended a sling by a friend so was going to buy one this weekend.

can you recall how long the growth spurt lasted with your LO? it's so tough doing this alone as I feel terrible when I have to leave her crying just so I can go to the toilet or something!!! Crazy isn't it!

Sounds like your LO has got a great sleeping pattern, im jealous 😂😂

• Options

Erm Unfortunately it coincided with when I had the abscess so ai think she couod sense i was a little stressed. It was about a week thugh but thats when i worked out that i should eat out. Get yourself microwave dinners too as a backup and dont feel bad about doing nothing but snuggling little one. I feel the same, i hate leaving her but your doing a grand job. 

Regarding her sleep pattern, its only just like that. Just remember, everything is a phase and they overcome it. Sounds cliche but its true.

• Options

Has anyone downloaded the wonder weeks app? They go through a leap at 5 weeks old - the app tells you what changes and what the signs are and how to help them.

Josh is 6 weeks tomorrow and we have just gone through this leap it lasted around a full week - he was feeding every 2hours and just wanted cuddled/held ALL of the time. Finally today he seems much more settled and has actually self settled himself to sleep twice for the first time. And slept for 2 x4 hour stretches last night :) 

How is everyone else getting on? X