Forum home Birth clubs Due in April 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in April 2020

Replies

• Options
    Hi ladies
    Found out I’m expecting baby no2 this Mornin! I haven’t had a period since my daughter was born in dec17 so I’ve no idea when i conceived but by my calculations I’m due early April. Got to wait for midwife appointment and a dating scan to confirm due date!

i haven’t told my husband yet, we weren’t trying but weren’t preventing, I know he will be happy jus shocked! 😯

im jus feeling really emotional, and overwhelmed, didn’t think I’d conceive again without some help!so this lovely surprise has shocked me but making me really anxious. 

I’m not in a good place a work, haven’t settled back into a new role when I returned from having my daughter and it’s making me anxious about telling them I’m expecting again and future prospects!currently arguing about flexible working so ideally would like that sorted quickly!

anyone else feeling emotional? I want to put it down to hormones! (At least some of it)

thanks and and look forward to sharing pregnancy journey wi u all!
  • Options
    Welcome @LeanneF and @Steph1112 - huge congratulations to you both! Wishing you both super sticky beans and @Steph1112 you must let us know what your husband says!  
  • Options
    Hi just wondering if anyone has any idea where I can get a maternity bra from for larger bust size, before pregnancy I was a 44h so was booked in for breast reduction but now that has to be postponed until after jelly bean is here. I have looked everywhere all over the internet but cant find any that go up to a big enough size so was wondering if any of you ladies had any idea? 
  • Options
    Hi @Steph1112 I am super emotional just keep crying for no reason! Over everything and very irritable and tired I just sleep all the time. Feel very sick and always have a headache I hope I’m not like this for 9 months because it’s going to be horrendous! 😩😩 xxx 
  • Options
    Ladies am I being daft? I had a MC last month, and now fell pregnant again. I am testing morning and night (since Wednesday) and getting positives every tome but I’m only using cheap eBay pregnancy strips. I’m worried now the tests will be wrong and I’m not pregnant. This is the test from this morning 
  • Options
    @LeanneF it looks pretty positive to me. Did u have negative ones after your MC tho? Or have the all been positive since your MC? xx
  • Options
    No I was getting negatives after my MC 
  • Options
    @LeanneF well I’d say your very much pregnant from the test you posted then!!!!! Congratulations hun xx
  • Options
    Thank u. I’m such a natural worrier anyway 
    contemplating going for a clearblue but because all these tests are coming back positive am I being stupid and wasting my money? X
  • Options
    @LeanneF your not being stupid! I spent a fortune on tests this month lol! Clear blue, first response, cheapies... you name it! I brought it lol! I’m still in shock myself. I don’t think it sinks in straight away x
  • Options
    @LeanneF that’s a definite positive congratulations! It’s taken nearly a week for it to fully sink in with me and I’m so so worried about everything I do I’m assuming we just get used to it the longer time goes on 😂 x
  • Options
    hi @Nat1992 glad I’m not the only one! I don’t remember been this emotional with my 1st pregnancy! Hope the sickness and headaches get better for you. I haven’t had any symptoms yt jus emotional! Is this your first? X x
  • Options
    @LeanneF I’d say that’s positive too! Congratulations! If you want to get another test I don’t think it’s a waste! Like @Sbell19 I’ve spent a fortune on different tests!😂 think it does take a while to sink in!
  • Options
    @Steph1112 yes my first so I have no idea ! But I know I feel absolutely terrible and emotional 😂 0 energy at all! How old is your first? Xx 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I’m going to buy a clearblue digital todsy just to put my mind at rest lol will test in the morning and let you know! X 
  • Options
    @Nat1992 she’s almost 20months now! Caught in 2nd time earlier than I thought!
  • Options
    Steph1112 said:
    @Nat1992 she’s almost 20months now! Caught in 2nd time earlier than I thought!
    My eldest has just turned a year.  I’m going to have 2 under 2 which makes me excited but terrified! We’re very excited tho!
  • Options
    @LeanneF it's not silly to buy more tests I have taken 22 tests in total in the last week just to make sure and even got the doctors blood test saying pregnant in bold letters and still worry that I'm not despite having morning sickness, adversions to food, headaches (but also have a brain condition so can be put down to that), loose bowels and mild cramping still with no period. At the moment been double checking with clear blue digital to make sure the number of weeks are changing from 1-2 to 2-3 and hopefully today it should say 3+. Its okay to be paranoid
  • Options
    @KirstyTTC1st have you tried figleaves.com? I bought some maternity bras from them when I was pregnant last time. Also I know freya do larger sizes and are super comfortable. 
  • Options
    Re pregnancy tests I've only taken the 1 early response one so far but might take others a week apart to see them getting darker. After my mmc I learnt that they can say positive for a long time after it's bad news so I'm not wasting my money this time.