Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Options
    Hope everyone’s well. So, my daughter made the nicest chocolate orange brownies last night, but my god they have given me thee worst acid ever. Iv been chomping on rennies and drinking peptac from the bottle it’s awfulamd it’s not touching it! Anyone found any good remedies yet for acid/heartburn as this is bad 😫
  • Options
    I said to my oh today the heartburn is getting horrible now I had it bad in my last pregnancy and thought for a whole i was getting away with it but last few weeks it's been Horrible only thing that seems to sooth it for a while is mint polos
  • Options
    @KristinO1987 awww that will be lovely to have a baby shower. I doubt anyone will do anything for me. You can't eat inside restaurants or anything here untill 18th May so might just see if family want go for a meal before August or something. Apart from my nan paying for pram and mum paying for cot nonone else has asked me if want or need anything which they can buy. 

Talking about prams I finally ordered the venicci tinum last night (the grey one on photos) I loved the ickle bubba and the colours but the venicci is alot better quality and be comfier for baby. Only thing I hate is the basket is small. I also got a great bargain too. Because they have brought out the tinum 2.0 they arent selling them ones that come out last July so found it even cheaper on a website ! The shop said they could reduce it for me as they had 4 left in stock and would cost me £724 for travel system and isofix base. I managed get it all for £643 plus £29 cashback on topcashback

@MrsH02 in regards to heart burn mine has been quite bad but 2 rennies worked for me. I had it for like a week or 2 but seems to have died off now. Maybe contact gp see if there anything else they could give you or speak to midwife xx
  • Options
    @MrsH02 heartburn is the worst! Pickle juice helps and papaya enzymes (chewable, I got from Amazon) after each meal. I also sleep with my head propped up. I hope you find some relief 
  • Options
    On my pregnancy week update today it said eating small but often may help to decrease heartburn xx
  • Options
    My heartburn only seems to in the evening from 6/7 onwards has any ond started to get so hungry I dont seem to be full even after eating 🤦🏼‍♀️babys choose ben and Jerry's ice cream and cinnamon swirls for later lol 
  • Options
    @Sj83 yes, I'm hungry ALL the time 😳 This boy just seems to want to eat 👶😂
    No heartburn as of yet, just some indigestion, plenty gas & discomfort 🤔
  • Options
    Morning ladies for the first time last night I see baby move and kick in the same spot a few times was lovely oh missed it as he stopped doing it once it called him to look hopfully soon he will be able to see feel him hope your all having a nice weekend 
  • Options
    @Sj83 it’s lovely isn’t it!! Me and my daughter have literally just sat here watching him kicking and my belly move. 

Has anyone noticed that are getting swollen legs and ankles? Mine are getting really painful and I’m worried il
    ebd up with varicose veins, both my mum and sister for them on baby no 3 😳!! Iv had to start wearing compression stockings since yesterday to try and reduce the swelling during the day and evening I take them off and just lie down with my legs elevated. 
  • Options
    My second my legs were really swollen just keep doing what your doing elevating them But maybe ask midwife as well cos I think it could be a sign of pre eclampsia aswell
  • Options
    Me appetite has been funny. Usually it’s low but sometimes I can eat a ton. By the end of the day, I feel so stretched out, especially in my belly button 😬 Brewers diet can help with swelling if you’re interested. I think the summer will be worse for swelling because of the heat 😭
  • Options
    Morning all! @MrsH02 I would definitely mention it at your next appointment just in case it's a sign of pre eclampsia. 
    Heartburn is a bigggggggg deal at the min for me. I went to Asda a few nights ago and bought as many packets of gaviscon/rennie as they would allow. I have some next to my bed, in my car, in work etc.. when it hits, it's horrendous.
    We have finally ordered our nursery furniture and our pram. I was under the impression we were "nearly done" until I wrote another list yesterday... haha!
    Steriliser, bottles, isofix base, bouncer chair to name a few. They will have to wait for the next couple of pay days.

One thing that gets me excited is when I come on here and click on birth clubs. Due in August used to be the furthest away but now there are 5 clubs after us... it is fast approaching! 😁
  • Options
    I was thinking that aswell were quite far down our August group now really is going so fast I've been ticking things off my list as well I Still need a car seat and some bed sheets got most things sorted for my hospital bag now
  • Options
    Morning ladies. My pram and isofix base was delivered to the OH mum and dads at weekend so that's all sorted.

With it being Bank Holiday I thought id strip the spare room wallpaper as never bothered with it since moving in and then paint it so can order furniture and have nursery ready and get all decorating done by today. Well that didnt go to plan as we stripped all the original wallpaper off to find most of the plaster is crumbling so going need to get it all replastered  wait for it to dry and then probably going take more coats of paint with it being wet plaster so probably put me back a good few weeks now. I've contact the landlord repair form online at weekend but my dad said he could come and do it next Tuesday or Wednesday. See which comes first.

@Sj83 I need get bedding aswell for moses basket and cot. Its so expensive considering what it is ! 

@Jobomaphoy I agree with the time going quick. I was saying to OH yesterday only 15 weeks left. Cant decide if that's ages away or really soon xx
  • Options
    @Stokiejodie it does feel so close yet so far away! When I look at the calendar it feels right around the corner, but when i try to move and my hips are killing me, it feels like it will be forever! Been adding things to my baby registry, trying not to buy too much since we don’t really “need” much of anything.
  • Options
    For anyone in UK morrisons have pampers big nappy bundles on offer. I got size 1 box of 80 nappies for £4.99 normally £10. Im not sure what nappies to go for so I'm just collecting a selection of different ones. They also had Johnsons top to toe wash which is Clinically proven to be as gentle as water so suitable from birth reduced to £1.50 for a big 500ml pump bottle.

@KristinO1987 I know the feeling my bad is hurting most days and then now and again I keep getting a really bad deep aching on the inside of my left hip. Wouldn't say its painful as in sharp pain but the aching knocks me sick. Hoping they don't get any worse xx
  • Options
    I'll be using tesco nappies I used huggies with my eldest they was rubbish used tesco nappies ever since and there a really good price too
  • Options
    @Sj83 my mum brought me 2 packs of tesco nappies. Ive also brought aldi nappies too as they are meant to be good then also got the pampers. So got a load of different ones to try and see which works best xx
  • Options
    I've Seen lots of people recommend aldi but not got one near me I've got a couple of packs of size one and a couple of size two prob wont get much more aswell just buy them weekly after but just want them ready for first  few weeks I bought a tin of aptamil aswell and going to get some aptamil start packs to put In my hospital Bag
  • Options
    I have no idea what formula to use. My friend said aptamil even though its more expensive but she also said she used baby bubble bath from birth when shouldn't do really haha. And supose formula isn't really one of them things should get all different ones of to test out ? Think my mum used cow and Gate with me xx