Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2019

Replies

• Options

Same with the cm, but already nauseated and exhausted. BFP at 10 door is also different from last time. It took until door 14/15 last time. I'm wondering if it's because I'm more aware of what the symptoms are that I'm noticing them more.

• Options

Thanks navi  

Petrified.  I'll talk to my god on Monday to see if they can scan then and if not ill go private.   X   thanks.  Sticky baby dust all xx

• Options

Talk to my Doctor..  not god !!!?   Stupid phone !!!

• Options

Thank you. I'm still in shock. I want expected a positive so early ( or really at all) but I'm so excited and scared. I'm sure you ladies understand. 

• Options

Okay well I take back my cramping comment! They are back in full force😩😅 

• Options

Previous time i was pregnant i was petrified. so anxious that i didn't enjoy my pregnancy at all image. thankfully all was good!! this time round i decided to take it one step at a time. day by day. i'm very busy with a 16m old and full time job so i don't have much time to think but up until now i have managed to control my horrible anxiety. so, i understand myshadowle and i'm here if you need to chat!! hopefully i keep controlling my anxiety!

• Options

Navi I have a 14month old too. X

• Options

aww stuzy!! is it a boy or a girl. i have a son, Stephen!! 

also are you all ladies in the uk? i live in Scotland but i'm Greek. 

• Options

Hi ladies, I got my BFP on FRER this morning. Woohoo! No real symptoms except for having sore muscles like when you're getting the flu. I also have minor stabbing nerve pains in boobs. SO THRILLED to be joining 😃😍😘image

• Options

Hi all, 

Congratulations 😊

I got my BFP on Tuesday 4.9.18 😊 I must have only been 7/8dpo

I didn’t have any spotting or implantation cramps but my boobs werr and are so sore! I also got lots and lots of creamy CM. Also I noticed nausea from about 5dpo ish. I’m still getting this as soon as I wake up and from about 4pm. I’m so tired too, I actually cried yesterday to my fiancé because I was tired 😂

I’ve taken a test everyday since I got my BFP just to be sure including FRER 😊 We’be been trying since April. 

My first appointment with the midwife is the end of this month. Due approx 5th May😊

Also, are there any other teachers on here. Just looking for advice about how you told or are planning to tell your head.

xxx

• Options

Congratulations! I'm a teacher but not saying a word until the scan :) 

• Options

Hi Miss Milly, 

I really don’t want to either. However my antenatal appointments are during school hours. What do you think? if you don’t mind me asking are yours during PPA or are you saying drs? Our head said any drs appts need to be outside of working hours. xxx

• Options

This is my first pregnancy and my Partner and I are so anxious I have booked in for a private 6 weeks scan. More because I am not sure if 4 or 8 weeks pregnant and midwife can’t get me in till Octobe. 

Also fly to Rome in October so to put my mind at rest before then. 

• Options

Ah OK, my college are pretty good about appointments as long as we can get it covered. Could you say it's an important appointment but that you want to keep it private? 

• Options

Hello everyone!! I got my BFP on September 3rd :)) I had gotten off birth control about 3.5 weeks before hand. It’s absolutely unreal that this happened so quick but we’re absolutely over the moon excited! I made this set up for my husband below.imageHe has riden dirk bikes his whole life and used to ride a motorcycle until he had a big accident 4 years ago (he’s ok). So glad to be joining you all!! 

I got a very faint line at 9 DPO, and it just kept getting darker everyday! Due date May 17th 2019😊😊

• Options

My symptoms so far:

-crampy/dull ache in uterus area

-very sensitive and heavy down there

-lots of CM

-slightly sore boobs

-tired

-extremely bloated 

-moody

-2 days after I got my BFP came down with a terrible cold and was so worried I even called my Dr to see if it would hurt the baby or what I could take, still slightly miserable with this head cold but getting better

My daughter is 9 years old so it’s been a long long time since I’ve done this, Its like I forgot everything! I was a young young mommy at the time though and scared, now I’m 28 and married and so happy to be doing this again in a much more stable environmen! Yay!

• Options

Aftyyyy I am loving your set up and your story. So gorgeous!!!! This pregnancy is my husband and I's first. We are so over the moon to be starting our family! I didn't really have many symptoms during the tww, infact I thought I was out for sure!!! I got my positive yesterday morn and since then I've just had really sore muscles and period-like cramps occasionally. Doesn't feel real! I'll get bloods done tomorrow! 🌞

• Options

@cheyc why are you getting blood work? To check HCG? We don’t do that here where I live for the most part unless you’re super high risk. Just curious what the difference is over there :) I am sure your symptoms will pick up eventually! Def crampy on and off all the time but it makes me happy cause I think of the little maricle growing inside me😍

• Options

When you fall preg in Aus, you need to get bloods to confirm you're pregnant and then be referred onto a midwife. Our doctors don't rely on home pregnancy tests. We have to get bloods to check HCG is rising correctly, check for blood borne diseases, check for HIV, hep B, C, rubella, chicken pox etc. They're really pedantic over here which I think is great! It's actually frowned upon if you don't get bloods or go to you regular check ups. It's all paid for if you go through the public health system so I don't mind going. We also get an ultrasound at 8 weeks to confirm heartbeat and then we can pay $400 at 10 weeks and have a harmony test which detects the sex of the bub, checks for extra chromosomes/not enough chromosomes, down syndrome, any hereditary diseases etc. 😃

• Options

Interesting!! Here in the US the Dr.‘s say the home pregnancy tests are so accurate they don’t even check blood unless you’ve had a bunch of miscarriages or something. I did get to see my Dr the day after I found out and she did a ton of blood work for all that stuff and did a pap, as well as gave me an early ultrasound but she said you’d probably not be able to see anything yet because it is so early. She did she that my uterine lining has thickened up really nicely tho which is great :) I don’t believe HCG is measured here routinely. But my next apt is October 18th at 10 weeks and they’ll do another ultrasound and we’ll hear the heart beat and I’ll have a phyisical. We do also have the option to find out gender via blood test at 9-10 weeks which we def plan on doing!!(I am a planner and the sooner I know the better!). 

When are you going to start buying things for baby? It’s so hard to resist! I was talking to a friend who encouraged me not to be worried about miscarriage and Really just enjoy this time and soak it all in, so I’m trying to get that far out of my mind now and be happy and excited!