Forum home Birth clubs Due in May 2022
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in May 2022

Replies

• Options
    Hi ladies, congratulations to you all! I’ve come to join you too! I think I should be due around 8th May. I have my 12 week scan on Friday, I am so nervous! I have horrible nausea, backache and smells really turn my stomach and sweet sickly foods that I used to love make me feel ill now! I am also sooo tired! 
  • Options
    @Pinkypie ohh how exciting!! Hope it goes okay. I'm the same with smells. I've had to change my fabric softener and everything! Where is your backache? I had issues with my tailbone in my last pregnancy and it's playing up again already! X
  • Options
    @Char09 thank you, I am excited but so nervous at the same time! It’s my lower back that really aches especially if I’ve been standing a while or even carrying a light bag of shopping! 
    I feel like it’s already a tougher pregnancy than my others, which I’m putting down to my age, it’s easier when you are younger! X
  • Options
    @Pinkypie how did you get on today?? Xx
  • Options
    @Char09 it went really well thank you. Had my screening bloods taken too so just waiting for those results now. Baby didn’t want to cooperate and stayed in an awkward position but they were still able to get the measurements. I’m 12 weeks and 4 days and due 9th May xxx
  • Options
    LorewLorew Regular
    edited Oct 30, 2021 4:50PM
    Welcome @Pinkypie! So glad to hear everything went well yesterday! I am totally suffering from lower back ache too. Totally agree that this pregnancy is more difficult. I’m in my late 30’s and really feeling it!!

not long till your scan now @Claire1234939!!
  • Options
    @Lorew thank you, it was such a relief seeing a happy wriggling baby! I’m still so paranoid at being a slightly older mum though that there will be problems or complications. I’m 37 now. I was pregnant my son at 34 and his pregnancy was definitely tougher than with my girls when I was in my 20s! How many weeks are you? X
  • Options
    LorewLorew Regular
    edited Oct 30, 2021 5:10PM
    I totally feel your worry! I had my first at 35 and am now 38. I’ve also had a couple or miscarriages between pregnancies which doesn’t help with the anxiety!

i’m 11+4. Limping my way slowly to the second trimester 😂
  • Options
    @Lorew Not long now! Almost at the 2nd trimester!! When is your scan? Guessing it must be soon! X
  • Options
    Yep scan on Monday! 😁 excited to see baby again and finally get a picture 🤣 have you guys announced your pregnancy’s yet? Xx
  • Options
    @Claire1234939 so exciting! I’ll be thinking of you on Monday! I waited until after my scan and then announced it. When I told the kids, my 9 year old screamed and jumped up and down before crying with happiness! So relieved they are happy to have a new brother or sister! I keep staring at my scan photo, thinking wow I can’t believe you’re really in my tummy 😂
  • Options
    That’s such a clear photo @Pinkypie!! And what a sweet reaction from your kids! Yeah my scan is Thursday. Not sure when we will announce as we’ve had a loss at 11+6 before so we are cautious.

will be thinking of you on Monday @Claire1234939! Can’t wait to see the photo!!xx
  • Options
    @Lorew wow that really must have been heartbreaking for you, and can definitely understand you being more anxious and cautious.
    surprised we managed to get a decent photo as baby was a real tinker and according the sonographer sat upright, could see baby’s little hands in front of his/her face, and lots of wriggling! It really is magical to see. 
  • Options
    Claire1234939Claire1234939 Regular
    edited Oct 30, 2021 6:24PM
    Thank you I will deffo let you know Monday and upload the pic 😁
    Yeh I think we will tell the last few family members after Monday then once they know I will tell friends etc. 
    @Pinkypie  I’m getting boy vibes !
  • Options
    @Claire1234939 aw really? I will obviously be happy either way and just want a healthy baby, but a boy would be really lovely! We have 4 girls and 1 boy at the moment, our son is the youngest too so would be lovely for him to have a brother. X
  • Options
    I’m thinking boy too @Pinkypie!

What time is your scan @Claire1234939? Thinking of you today!x
  • Options
    Best of luck for scan today!!! Gorgeous clear picture!! Hoping to find out our harmony results tomorrow 🤞🤞🤞 our NHS scan isn't until next week x
  • Options
    Hope the scan goes well @Claire1234939!
    what a harmony test @Char09, hope the results are good hun x
  • Options
    Thank you guys! It’s at 3pm 😁 I will update you all later! X
  • Options
    Scan went well baby was so active and would not stay in right position 🤣 due date is may 11th ❤️