Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• Options
    @Rainbows01 I've not weighed myself at all I think it would of sent me down a very dark path!! Like you say enjoy the extra 🥰 I lost a lot of weight for my wedding in November and then I've probably put it all back on with this little bean, but it's a journey that happens!! Feeling you on the rib front today, Oliver is kicking me in the ribs constantly feel like saying come in son give me a little bit of room!

I never have questions for midwife because I'm always dead shy 🤣 ask all these and report back with answers. Hope it all goes well. 

@WLJ good luck today ❤️
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 yes definitely need to grab a few my local three stores have no toilet roll atm ridiculous the things ppl decide to bulk buy! Glad I managed to get some nappies the other day 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’ve also heard good things about aldi milk too I’ve always used sma but Id try the aldi one if he had any issues with sma. 

Ha it’s these weeks creeping up on us that’s where all the questions have come from 😂 I have to bring the milk with me to my hosp they’ve said if my partner leaves he won’t be allowed back until I’m discharged 😦 god only knows what he will eat in that time he really doesn’t do sandwiches 🙊🤣

ive been lucky so far no leaky boobies I won’t hold my breath tho they are really bloody itchy!! Haven’t got my last growth scan date yet hoping the midwife will have it for me when I have my app with her next week or when I go to my consultant on Monday. They said it will be at 36 weeks mainly to check position he was transverse yesterday just like his sister loved to be 🥴 my birthing ball is on its way 🤞🏽
  • Options
    @teeteee. Yey. So glad all was well with your scan. 

@Rainbows01 Haha to all your questions. Good on you. I can’t get a word on edge ways with the midwife. She belt feeds me what she wants to say. 

Scan was this afternoon. All was good. She was practicing her breathing which was cool to watch and measuring about 4lb.  So she’s 50th and smaller than grace at this point but grace was heavy. So they aren’t concerned. Blood flow through the cord was normal and I’ll have another scan in 2 weeks to monitor if they are worried. Phew hey. 

@laurenR15 I wouldn’t worry about the weight either. I’ve not been in the scales for so long now. I kinda just figure it is what it is and it al came off last time. So just gotta enjoy not caring haha 

@hannah900. Hope you are ok. 

X
  • Options
    @WLJ very lucky with my midwife this time round, she talks to me more like a friend and that's exactly the type of person I respond to well. So so so pleased scan went well. What a relief for you. I've noticed my little man practice breathing today too! 

@teeteee I've been slowly grabbing packs of nappies and pads. Super scared of postpartum bleeding and not being able to buy pads! Our rules are different at thi mo. Partners can visit for 1hr a day......... currently. Hopefully birthing ball will move that transverse baby! 

@LaurenR15 absolutely! Embrace it. The weight will either come off on it's own accord or you might have to work for it. Either way, the weight is meant to be there at the moment, so just enjoy it allll 😁 I lost mine last time with some work. 

So... Answers to questions: 
    Raspberry leaf tea is a go! Won't bring baby early, but will definitely help to soften cervix. Start on one cup and build up to three a day. Start between 31-34weeks.

Colostrum harvesting can do no harm past 37weeks. Definitely recommended if complications or c-section are expected. Nice to have freezer supply just in case.  Might give it a go 🤷‍♀️

Formula for us here, isn't needed unless planning on formula feeding. Hosp has stocks for clinical needs.

Nipple thrush - use diluted apple cider vinegar twice a day

Feet okay - lift above hips for an hour every evening. 
  • Options
    Ohhh for gods sake bulk buying people again @teeteee 🙄 I best start buying some formula bits just incase. Ahh glad your scan went well !! Do you see much on these scans? Or is baby too big at this point?

It could be baby trying to get in position @Laurenr15 🤔  I keep feeling a lot of pressure down there and at my midwife check today they have marked baby down as "Brim" in my pelvis.. so she is making her decent lol oh I can't wait to finish. This time next week I'll be done! 😍 you look amazing , such a gorgeous bump.

Good to hear from you @hannah9000 hope you appointment goes well tomorrow. I don't have any follow up in regards to what happened this weekend. I also feel like my  is shite 🤣 she measured my friend utterly wrong at her 28 week appointment and now I'm measuring off so having to have a scan. We have the same midwife.

@WLJ that table look amazing 😍
    How was your midwife appointment? So so glad everything was good at your scan and you get another one to check on baby! 

Sounds like she's making her way down @Rainbows01 but after the pains I've had tonight, she's still go her toes in between my ribs or something 😫
    I do keep hearing a lot about Raspberry tea now, might have to give it a go. Our midwives must love us lol 😆 I usually go with a lost of new ailments haha

So my midwife measured me today and baby looks to of had a huge jump and is now over the 95th centile 😳 so a scan first thing tomorrow for me. Early start as its 7.30 lol...I should be asleep already but I'm just not tired. Had to have more bloods to check iron again as I was in the boarder of being anemic. There was a student midwife who tried to take my blood and she bloody blew my vein lol so the usual midwife stabbed my other arm and managed to drag the needle up my arm and scratch me haha not a great appointment. 

• Options
    @sunshineb oh no, no good with the appointment then 😬 you don't sound too worried about your scan this morning? 😊 that's great! Hopefully midwife is wrong and you are just getting another opportunity to see baby 🥰 definitely keep us updated please!

Great news that they've written brim! Mine is still 'free' haha, although they can just suddenly engage at go time. My midwife said yesterday, whilst it can happen, it would be weird for baby to flip up the other way at this stage too, which is reassuring. Ahhh same here! So many rib kicks last night! 😂

We discussed flu jab yesterday and I'm still on the fence. My midwife is super sweet though and not pushy. I was bed ridden for a week after my last one, so very dubious. Especially at the moment with Covid and actually only 5ish weeks of pregnancy left. Apparently risk of flu is entirely to mum, not baby. Can be much worse when pregnant, rare cases breathing difficulties ending is hosp, even more rare, baby loss. But I said, surely this far along, if I became so sick, we would just whip baby out sharpish and she said yes, exactly. My nurse then ran out as I was leaving asking if I wa having it, coz she had gotten it ready 😂 I know her really well from all my b12 appointments - also really lovely but I could see her eyes above the mask judging me, but she let me off 😂
  • Options

@WLJ Lovely to hear your scan also went well they can have growth spurts at any point she’s still got time to pack on a few more pounds 🥰

@r@Rainbows01 I’ve stocked up on pads too! And the witch hazel for those first few days after birth that stuff is magical 😌

I’m hoping the ball moves him it moved Kady just means I can’t enjoy lazying on the sofa any more 🤣 it’s my bad positioning that’s caused the gymnast to lay they aren’t worried until 36 weeks but I want a head start 🤣🤞🏽

I don’t understand why all hospitals don’t have the same policies tbh 1 hour a day seems so cruel to dads 😩 my hospital doesn’t have the normal wards with curtains between everyone instead every ward throughout the hosp has everyone in their own private rooms with a shower & toilet. So I guess with this set up there’s no reason dads can’t stay xx

• Options
    @SunshineB good luck with your scan this morning too 🥰 you still get a good view of baby's faceI got a pic of his pout 🤣 I wish I recorded her screen now tho as he was yawning was too cute 😩😍 he was showing off for the growth scan but couldn’t be bothered to wake from his snooze whilst we had our 4D one 😩🤣 

enjoy seeing little miss look forward to hearing your update xx

• Options
    @rainbows01 I have got booked in for the flu jab but I've had it 2 years in a row now in relation to my Coeliac disease and its not affected me before, just hurts my arm for a few days lol. Are you going to leave it do you think? Hope baby starts behaving soon and leaves your ribs alone too. I had a bad few episodes last night so took myself to bed early to lay down and it eased off. 
    Yeah I wasn't too worried as I know from a few people that they often end up needing scans. I was happy that she has been checked again 😊

@teetee aww that's a lovely picture! I didn't get any picture with my scan today and I didn't even get to see babys face as she was tucked into my pelvis facing my bum 🤣 so she's definitely finding the way out.
    The hospital could only measure her tummy and leg, as her head was too far tucked away to measure but they said it was fine.
    So I have been discharged as she is between the 10th and 50th centile apparently, but when the midwife measured me it shot up over 95th centile! Picture for ease lol  so just need to see how my next appointment goes. 

• Options
    @SunshineB that's good to hear everything is well 😊

I saw my consultant today, and the upshot is baby Rex will be out by next weekend. We have a scan on Tuesday so will be able to check his growth is on track and then I'll be given an induction date but my respiratory consultant wants him out by next weekend latest 😬
  • Options
    Eeekkk @hannah9000 things are moving quick now 😬😬
  • Options
    @sunshineb I think some people just react badly to them and I unfortunately was one of them. I could be perfectly fine this time so I'm not sure whether to or not. Usually I take everything I'm offered - feel like a rebel 😂

Bed is my fave place at the moment 😴 I've got my softest best on at the moment, and it is dreamy 🥰

I bet you're really relieved baby is actually smaller! I don't really understand the need for fundal measurements because they always seem to be off 🤷‍♀️

@teeteeee yes! I've got witch hazel and aloe vera in ready to make padsicles 😂 will do those soon I think and get them frozen! I know, it's such a shame 😔 I actually contacted our MP to give her support (she's currently on mat leave herself) and she said she is already support the campaign. You could all contact your MPs too. Although I feel, now restrictions are tightening, all hope is gone and at best it is what it is. It might be worse. 

That pout! 🥰❤

Ahhhhhhh! @hannah9000 that's amazing news!! Oh my goodness! ❤❤❤
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 thanks for the questions feedback. It’s really helpful. My midwife is nice but talks at me sooooo much. I can’t get a word on edge ways. She basically told me to go book a flu jab. I tried but then they aren’t booking until after 24th Oct which I think is then just pointless. So I’m not doing it. 

@SunshineB ouch. Sorry to hear you’re still getting rib jabs from those Pescy toes. I hope she’s moves soon for you and you can get some relief. I’ve been lucky and only getting mid belly kicks really and some low down elbow and hand nudges. Definitely some braxton hicks though too. 

@teeteee. Ahh cute scan pic. I got one but it’s in my notes in the car. I’ll have to have a look and see if you can see anything on it. I think she was just being nice by giving me one. Lucky you with the private rooms. We have a few and I got one twice last time but there is also a lot of 4 bed ward space. But we can have hubby there 8am to 8pm each day. But only that one person and they can’t leave once they arrive. 

@hannah9000 oh my gosh. That’s so close now. Can’t wait to see little Rex. Keeping everything crossed for a smooth experience for you. What weight do they predict he will be? 

Im shattered today. Miss Grace is Ill again. So I was up 11.30-5.30 last night with a very awake but poorly girl. I’m hoping she’s ok tonight. I’ll die otherwise haha. 

What are you all thinking of wearing for your birth outfit? I just wore a black t shirt dress last time. But think I need buttons this time as I had to Rip it for skin to skin lol.  

Ahh lavender oil. I got all that last time but never found I needed it so I’d forgotten. I must get some for this time as you just never know how bad it’s gonna be. 

I ordered some medela collection cups the other day too. A client (midwife) recommended them for 37 weeks onwards to start collection colostrum. Definitely going to harvest what I can and store it. X
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

I have been awol from this group for ages but just spent the last about hour catching up 🙈 

Lovely to see between the rib and pelvic pain and growth scares you are all doing well! Its getting so close now! 

Xx
  • Options
    @SunshineB Glad to hear everything went well at your scan & little miss is within normal range 🥰 good to know she’s in the right position ready for D day 😁 

How exciting @h@hannah9000

Will be waiting to welcome the first little bub on our board 🤩❤️

@ra@Rainbows01 I never done the padicicles last time I just put the gel on the pads as I needed them worked like something from heaven though 😍😍 I deffo need to freeze them this time! Do you use the liquid to freeze? Or the gel? 

@wlj Even without private rooms at least you can have your partner there a good amount of time I hope it stays this way 🤞🏽I’m hoping there’s no more rules for us now 😩 let us have some kind of normality whilst delivering our babies ❤️

Got my birthing ball yesterday it’s bloody tiny 🤣 had to reorder a bigger one it ended up giving me a backache my knees were too high up 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣 it’s suppose to come tomorrow I cannot wait to rock around on it & get this boy in the right position! he still seems to have enough space to manoeuvre. I’m sure Kady was in position by 37 weeks last time so hopefully this little monkey follows her lead 🙊🤞🏽 also started on the raspberry leaf tea today as I’m now 32 weeks😁😁 please fly by time!! ☺️

• Options
    Just catching up..

@teeteee Lush Scan <3 

@SunshineB Glad everything is measuring fine, the measurements always seem to be wrong, it nuts to even do it. It just causes unnecessary stess. 

@Rainbows01 Thanks for answering all the questions, you little star. Gel on the pad?! What is this all about, sounds like it would be a massive relief! 

@WLJ I am unsure on flu jab also, I have an app on Monday to see if my iron levels are low and discuss my birth plan, not sure if I will be offered it then. 

@SU91 Glad you are doing well :)

@hannah9000 Oh My God. You must be excited as well as nervous. I cannot wait to see him <3 

In terms of labour where we are giving birth, dads in from 4CM only, allowed to stay 4 hours after baby is born then not allowed back until we are both ready for home. Which is totally shitty. I am really nervous about being on my own, I want to hold off going to hospital for as long as I can, but I have no idea how I will handle the pain as I am quite frankly a huge fanny when it comes to being in pain! I had my heart set on a water birth, but after learning the hospital only has one pool, I am trying to keep my options open. I cannot imagine just lying on a bed. I think I would be a bloody nightmare. 

xx
  • Options
    @LaurenR15 ah that is shitty. We have been lucky the whole way through covid. They have always said one birth partner can stay the whole time we are in the delivery suite. Then 8-8 on the ward. Even at its worst lock down this was still the case. That is awfully hard for you guys who don’t get that support. 

@teeteee haha to the tiny ball. 

• Options
    Rainbows01Rainbows01 Regular
    edited Sep 25, 2020 6:59PM
    @WLJ I'm glad I'm not the only one considering no flu jab! It is also really early in the season, I'm barely going out as it is, and when I do, I'm masked up with hand sanitizer at the ready, so chances MUST be low  right?!
    Sorry Grace is feeling ill, I hope she feels better soon ❤
    I ended up in hospital gown last time 😬🥴 BUT I have just a huge men's t shirt with buttons for my (hopefully) water birth. Don't fancy being fully naked, freaks me out a bit. 
    I have those collection cups too, lifesaver for catching letdown when expressing or when I get out of the swimming pool 😳 hadn't thought about using them post 37weeks - good idea!!

@SU91 lovely to hear from you, hope you are doing well! ❤

@teeteee I found a recipe online to mix the distilled witch hazel with the aloe vera gel... so it makes a bit of a watery gel 😅
    Haha at the tiny ball 😂 the perils of online ordering huh. But such is life these days! 🙄

@laurenr15 so basically you mix aloe vera gel, distilled witch hazel (with no alcohol) and lavender oil (to make it smell nice - also has mild anti-inflammatory properties I believe??) And smear some on pads (but not too much, because they'll absorb less blood) and then fold them back up, wrap in tin foil and freeze. Instant relief! 🥶
    Our hospital sounds similar to yours. The only difference is the one hour a day visiting by one person. If I can stay st the maternity unit, I think it's a bit better though 🤞
  • Options
    @Rainbows01 Yeah you do hear a lot of mixed stuff i guess but I think as I've had it twice and been fine, I should be and it is recommended so baby gets a bit of immunity too, I had the whooping cough one too. I know the fundal measurements aren't accurate at all, but neither are growth scans lol but nice to know she's all good!

@wlj i don't actually feel her move when i get the horrendous pain, so I think on those occasions shes facing inwards and hooking her toes in my ribs maybe 😬 because when she actually kicks the inside of my rib that doesn't actually hurt haha just jolts me and makes me jump. I don't feel much low down now apart from passing pressure in my pelvis.aww I'm so sorry Grace is unwell. I hope she is feeling a bit better?
    Yeah I was just thinking a long baggy t-shirt too lol your hospital sounds so good 😫

Lovely to hear from you @su91 hope you are well!!

Thank you @teeteee !! Is it a good thing that she is trying to get in my pelvis already?! Lol I hope so. I really want to go into labour naturally 😕  hope your other ball arrives soon!!

@Laurenr15 thank you ! Yeah they can be really worrying can't they! So sorry about your hospital. It sounds very similar to ours 😫

At our hospital there's no support until 4cm and then once you give birth, your birth partner has to leave after just 2 hours! I've heard stories of some partners being kicked out within 20 mins 😫 Then you can have a visit if you are staying in between 6pm and 7pm, but not on the day of birth or day of discharge. I think its so wrong that we aren't allowed support during inductions. I'm terrified of being induced and having to spend days alone in hospital in pain. 

• Options
    @SunshineB oh absolutely go for it! I'm glad that your body doesn't mind them. Definitely a good thing to get it done. It's still playing on my mind whether to risk it or not 😔 I feel awful for not saying yes- but gahhh I'm so torn!

I'm so sorry you're terrified of being alone in pain. It must be horrid being a FTM. To be honest, so am I. It's another thing really eating me up at the moment. Stress levels are sky high. It's a shame we can't all be there for each other 😫 if we magically gave birth at the same time! 😅

Started raspberry leaf tea today. It's gross 😂 even with honey @teeteee , I'm not sure how I'm going to last till the end with 3x cups! You are amazing for doing it!