Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

did anyone get their positive pregnancy result late?

Replies

• Options

hope hope hope i get the same as you image im waiting for results from GP was supposed to be today but they've said now can take a week image im now 15 days late xx did they say it was popular people not showing up for so long xx

• Options
    hi. thanks to u all I am feeling a little more positive. I have had 12 consecutive days of positive pregnancy tests. I have tested on FR. problem is the lines are so faint. over the 12 days they are clearly visible, come up in the first 10 minutes and my partner can see them. they are light though and although they havnt gotten any lighter they also havnt gotten any darker. I am going out of my mind. Feel nausea but that's about it. no sore boobs or any other symptoms. just wondered if anybody else had faint lines for weeks and went on to have a successful pregnancy. By the way I rang first response team and they said it's a positive. that the line doesn't have to get any darker but they may be pulling my leg. thanks for reading. please help.
  • Options
    did you go to gp hun how you get on x
  • Options
    Hello all, new here and would very much like to hear your thoughts on this... I've jug turned 34 and have had regular 28 day cycles for over 20 years (that's a scary thought). My last 'normal' period started on 8th September. That month we had unprotected sex several times and it's very possible I could have become pg. I actually thought I might have been as I had lots of symptoms that I haven't had before which people say are pg related. In October my period didn't arrive when expected but eventually arrived 10 days late. It was also different to usual. The first two days were very light pink bleeding but only on the paper when I wiped. Then on the third day the bleeding became heavier and darker and lasted for a few days. This month AF hasn't arrived at all and now at the end of November she is currently 18 days late but getting BFN when I test using home ph test. I saw the nurse at the surgery yesterday as my ears/nose/chest are quite congested and I mentioned all this to her. She said if I was pg it would have shown as positive on a home pg test by now. What do you lovely ladies think?
  • Options
    hi kate, im having same issues atm, im 25 and my period has always been prity regular pos vary by a day or two but im now 22 days late and tested ALOT but all neg been to GP had urin test too, told them i wantd a blood test and they reluctantly agreed i havent been yet going to go next week if havent come on, i have no symptoms at all and the doc said its very unlikely that i am as i don't have symptoms but did say it is quite common for the hgp not to be high enough to show up. there was a woman on here few weeks back that was 32 days late b4 she got a woman BFP so theres hope for us all, Id in see your gp again and ask for a blood test good luck and keep us updated image
  • Options
    Thanks Mrs France image) it's just bizarre and the whole waiting game is torture. I would love to have a baby and if I'm pg I'd be thrille but if I'm not, I hope AF returns to normal so we can try again. I hope you get a BFP soon.
  • Options

Hi everyone, it's such a relief to see other people having similar issues to me. I'm 14dpo and I think I'm having implantation bleeding that started on Wednesday (26th), it's just really dark blood and only when I wipe. It's not heavy at all on not even showing up on my pad. I feel like I am pregnant, I know that's weird considering I've never had any children. My period is due on Monday. Took 4 tests all neg, I know it's early but they say they can detect hormone up to four days before hand. Has anyone else had similar happenings and if it is neg now does that mean I'm just getting my hopes up. Have one test left and going to wait until Monday if AF doesn't come properly before then. Best of luck to every one here. 

• Options
    Hey everyone I am going through this same thing. Does anyone have any updates. I love seeing what happens after people post. I am 2 weeks late today and got a BFN this morning. I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound 4 weeks ago tomorrow and he confirmed I was ovulating. Shouldn't that mean af should have been on time? I'm so confused. I suppose I will go get a blood test...
  • Options
    Hi Snowflake, I'm still in limbo wondering what's going on. Usually regular 28 day cycle... Last 'normal' period started on 8th Sep. October's was 10 days late and started around 14th/15th Oct but wasn't normal for me. Nothing since though, no AF for Nov or Dec as of yet. Keep getting BFN on home pregnancy tests. Saw nurse at the surgery and she said I would have shown positive on hpt by now if I was pg but I'm not so sure judging by a lot of comments on various forums about women discovering they were pg much later. Nurse/dr won't test so I guess I just have to wait and see. Really frustrating though. Have developed sore nipples this weekend so not sure if that is a pg symptom or if it's AF on the way.
  • Options
    Hey Kate! I have a friend who didn't test positive for over a month after her missed period. She went and had a positive blood test. I think I will do that soon. I have had sore boobs for the past week really bad heartburn which I never get and muscle spasms in my stomach which is wierd. I did start spotting yesterday it's really light and brown. Maybe it's a light period I have no clue anymore.
  • Options
    Well I have developed slight bleeding today but only when I go to the loo and very light. Not sure yet if it's AF or just spotting as this is around the time that AF would be due. Just weird that I missed November completely - never missed a period before now. I guess I will see what comes of this and if it's nothing much I will ask for a blood test. I would think if you were ovulating 2 weeks ago then AF would be due now if you weren't pg. I guess it might be too early for you to test positive just yet.
  • Options
    Good luck! I hope it works out for you keep me updated. I actually ovulated 4 weeks ago. I'll let you know if something happens!
  • Options

Hi, ladies!  Just to update you, in early December, I had an ultrasound where they saw a corpus luteum but not much else, and ordered a beta blood test that came back negative.  He told me I was ovulating.  My symptoms, however, have continued full force : constant nausea, reduced appetite, frequent urination, restless sleep, gas, swollen abdomen, sensitivity to smells, pulling sensations, cramps, etc.  To add insult to injury, my breasts are not getting bigger, and I have had bleeding around the time of my period, but not the normal color, consistency, or duration.  Through all of it, I still feel pregnant, full, different, weird, yet I keep getting negatives on cheap tests I bought on the Internet.  I have an appointment with a different doctor next week, who I hope can make sense of all this, but I fear I am one of those women who won't get a positive until really late!  Hopefully, I can get another ultrasound, because at this point, they should be able to see something.  Keep your fingers crossed

• Options

hi everyone, my first day of last menstruation is dec 14... i missed last january, and until now... all my tests are negative even my ultrasound... i did have spotting last january 10 for just a night and had it again last night feb4 but now it stopped... im so hopeful that im pregnant... please advice...

• Options
    Yes! I took a ton of test bc I KNEW I was pregnant. My husband kept calling me crazy... then we were going to a wedding and I told him I was going to drink since I'm not pregnant and he asked me to take one more to be safe and it was positive!!!! We wernt trying then so for me to say for 8 weeks I think I'm pregnant jst made me look crazy... this time I should expect AF friday and i very taken two boxes worth and all negative! I'll keep you updated. I jst KNOW I'm pregnant this time too
  • Options

Hi Jbates,

I am in a very similar situation as both of your posts. Would you mind sharing what happened after your went for a blood test? Hoping for the best! 

• Options

Hi Ladies

my last period was 9th june 2014. i came off pill last august was having regular 28 days cycle then went to 35 days!! the last 3 months i have had a period every 33 days. im now on day 38. i have done tests and they were all bfn.. my tummy feels swollen and my boobs hurt a little but im thinkin is that just in my head. i just want either af to land and that my body isnt messed up or that i get a bfp!! going to wait till im a week late which is satuday and then retest if af doesnt show and possibly go docs next week. feelin emotional x

• Options
    Hey ladies,

Looks like I am pregnant, 5 weeks, symptoms, very faint positive tests, etc. I am taking another test this weekend but it's a whole 5 day and waiting is torture!!! My period was due over a week ago now so positive thoughts!!!! Sorry had to share image
  • Options

Hi everyone. I really don't know what to  do anymore. my hubby and i have been ttc from december 2013. however in january 2014 i was diagnosed with pcos and prolactinoma. in may 2014 my breasts stated milking because my prolactin level increased and my dosage of bromocriptin was increased. i  met with my hubbyin july 2014 (we live in different prts of the world if you know what i mean)and i strted clomid on july 9. my last period was july 2. i have never once in my life been one day late and i have a very regular 28 day cycle. its like clockwork. i cn tell the dy and time it will come. however a week before my period was due i started feeling very tired and had very tender boobs.then no period came on july 29. now i have missed two cycles. i am 33 days late and i have been going crazy. negative hpt nd blood tests. when i returned home i took an ultra sound (august 27) only to be told that theres nothing but my pcos. im driving myself crazy and hubby is convinced that i am pregnant as i have had all the symptoms sore nipples, tiredness, increased appetite, weight gain (its so hard for me to put on weight) frequent urination. everyone tells me i look pregnant. i dont know what to do gin. i have totally given up. with negative hpt and blood work and so called nothing on the ultrasound can i still be pregnant???? hubby and i will be united again in december. any advice. 

jpa

• Options
    Hello ladies. I normally don't do this but I thought I would give it a try. I am 31 days late and on day 61 of my cycle. I have never ever skipped a period and I have always been regular. It's like every 28 days bam hello AF. My hubby and I have been TTC for 3 years. I have honestly got to the point in giving up until now. I am planning on going 5 the doc on Thursday. I am afraid of going because I am scared of hearing the N word. I really haven't been having symptoms I don't guess. My boobs are the same. But I have been having nausea and lower pack pain. Plus a lot more tired and a strong sense of smell. But I'm afraid it's all in my head. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but if you all could just throw me some extra baby dust. Thanks