Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell LighterLife the sh-don’t-tell-anyone eating habits you picked up since having kids: £200 to win

Replies

• Options
    Putting the kids sweets in the cupboard so they can have them a bit at a time but then when stressed pinching them 
  • Options
    Sneaky eating but I guess that’s more of a bad habit than a strange one! Also eating any cold leftovers, I never would have done that before having children 
  • Options
    Oh gosh, 

If there was a thread most relatable to me this would be it! 

I'd like to say I TRY to eat healthily, I cook my daughters and husband healthy meals. However, I'm so guilty of being a secret snacker (since having my children).

When doing the food shop online I'll always order the 'odd' box of chocolates, pack of biscuits 'for everyone' but will secretly indulge myself (when noones around). On occasions my husbands opened a cupboard and an empty packet has fallen out (not so secret).

I love a biscuit with my tea too (which turns into 3/4), if I'm having a bad day I'll treat myself to chocolate. 

I went through a phase of attending the gym (and succeeding well) to then come out and treat myself to a bar of chocolate.. then punish myself later on. 

• Options
    I'm quite strict about what my kids eat. I keep tasty treats in the car for me so I can munch on them on the way down for the school run! 
  • Options
    I would love to try lighter life. My ‘kids’ are older now and I am still stuffing my face with chocolate and biscuits!!!
  • Options
    Buying chocolate for the kids, but buying extra so I can eat it too!
  • Options
    I tend to eat my food extra quick so then I can’t sort the kids out. I eat more chocolate so they can’t eat it. I probably eat more cake as well. Think I’ve become a bit greedier too. 
  • Options
    Being a Keen Baker I always have to 'TEST' the results before giving it to anyone else to eat ! - pretending that it doesn't count when I know full well it's not good for me.
  • Options
    Farley's Rusks. They're irresistible. They have replaced Hob Nobs as my favourite biscuit.
  • Options
    I put my chocolate buttons in the door of the fridge and hide behind the open door and have a few at a time when I get something else out!
  • Options
    Cooking way too much, it seems as though I can't just cook the right amount anymore ..as soon as I had children, I went into the mindset of making sure there was always seconds ... but the only person who ever wants them is me...(which I sneak when the kids are in bed). I also hide chocolate in my knicker drawer!
  • Options
    My go-to comfort food is definitely chocolate Hobnobs! But I won't share so I will take them away to a quiet place where the children won't spot me! 
  • Options
    I always end up finishing off my children's dinner to avoid waste, now they say its OK because mummy will finish it. 
    Eating with your head in a cupboard helps me to hide a few things from the children. Also eating in the car when your children are safely harnessed in to their rear facing car seats. We are loving rear facing them for long for that reason as well as safety of course. 
    My husband won't come to bed with us so he can raid the cupboards alone. 
  • Options
    Pretended my food is spicy so kids don't pinch it lol
  • Options
    I've developed a taste for Fry's chocolate and hide them in the salad drawer of the fridge to keep them safe until I can quietly eat one in peace.
  • Options
    Eating chocolate in the car before picking my child up as she is allergic to chocolate and can’t have it
  • Options
    My  sh-don’t-tell-anyone eating habits are having a secret stash of crisp and chocolate in my bedroom for when im having some mum time in bed reading a book or watching late night rubbish tv,its become a bit of a bad habit now,i always seem to crave chocolate or crisp more at night
  • Options
    I've been known to a) eat their Easter Eggs (they get far too many, I wouldn't want them eating all that chocolate...) & b) eat the leftovers of their dinners... Can't stand waste haha 
  • Options
    I think it's definitely hiding in the bathroom to eat chocolate the kids dont know about 🙈 Then hiding the wrappers inside something else so they dont even see the wrappers 
  • Options
    Definitely hoovering up all their left overs! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions