Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell LighterLife the sh-don’t-tell-anyone eating habits you picked up since having kids: £200 to win

Replies

• Options
    Waiting until she's in bed before eating chocolate/sweets/ice cream so she doesn't ask for some. Breakfast is usually something quick and sugary on the go too and if she goes to playgroup it's cake!  :open_mouth:
  • Options
    I definitely finish off my Daughter's rejects sometimes, especially when it is cheese of toast, which is really bad when I try to keep low carb.
  • Options
    I always finish bits off the plates,Dreadful habit.
  • Options
    Finishing things they can't eat, mainly ice creams, cookies etc when we're out. I also secretly nibble on things in the kitchen when no one else is around.
  • Options
    I have to admit my eating habits are rubbish nowadays.

Breakfasts aren't too much of an issue usually a slice of toast but dinner times are something else. If my son is at school i tend to not make myself any dinner but instead maybe grab a ready made snack to munch but even then it's not very often as it just seems too much effort to make something for just me. So I definitely eat better when my son is off school.

Evening meals I'm so preoccupied with feeding everyone else that my meal tends to be luke warm or cold by the time I get to eat it.
  • Options
    My worst habit has to be eating biscuits and treats quickly and secretly so that the children don’t see me. I don’t really know why I do it as I don’t enjoy the treat having to eat that quickly.
  • Options
    i do an extra food shop just for me so that the kids a, dont  notice and b dont ask for what ive brought.

i then hide them in my wardrobe lol

• Options
    I have developed a taste for Peppa Pig pasta shapes, I'd take them over authentic Italian any day!
  • Options
    Stashing chocolate and biscuits where my son can't find them...so I actually get some
  • Options
    Scoffing my children's chocolate after they've gone to bed then rushing to the shop to replace it while they're at school...….they'll never know 
  • Options
    I have to admit to eating the ends of thing that I have to cut off for my son, fish fingers, sausages, crusts etc. Although I draw the line at his left overs as once he has finished with it even if we had a dog he would turn his nose up at it, as it is all squashed to-gether yuk!
  • Options
    Finish things left on their plate
  • Options
    I am awful for always putting an extra one in the oven!! If it a chicken nugget, hand cut chips or even a sausage I always have to try - just in case it isn't cooked (I tell myself this)! It really isn't a good habit and the pounds are adding on - my hips don't lie!!
  • Options
    I always found it impossible not to finish their leftovers when they were little. 
  • Options
    Eating the eating the kids leftovers every evening I go to scrape it away but it ends up in my belly 
  • Options
    I tell the kids that the chocolate i'm eating is really really spicy so that I can enjoy it all by myself!  Oops!
  • Options
    Eating things I want to hide secretly
  • Options
    Ha, just one! 🙈 Hiding chocolate and snacks in a quorn box in the freezer, then dipping in when I'm 'cleaning' in the kutchen 👀
  • Options
    I have my treats in the bedroom, so I can have them after they have gone to bed, if I keep them in my room then I know that they can't get to them has some of them are not suitable for the little ones 
  • Options
    Finishing off my daughters left overs!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions