Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

November 2019 Babies - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    @Larat84 Leah looks a happy bunny!! 

We tried carrot today! Hallie didnt bat an eyelid, just kept looking in the dish for more!! 
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Apr 27, 2020 6:41PM
    We are the same regarding teeth, they're just sat there. I swear he's going to wake up one morning and they are all going to cut. Poor little sod, his cheeks are constantly purple, drool pouring out and he's gnawing away on his hand, your hand, sisters face basically anything he can reach. He's started taking his dummy out, turning it over and having a good chew on the plastic 😂

I went to the effort of blending some shepherd's pie up for him earlier, he had two spoons and heaved so I have to give in and get him an Ella's pouch which did not smell like sweet potato or carrot 🙄

He hasn't stopped giggling at his sister since Saturday 😍 no rolling over just to his side, partial sitting up but grabbing everything. Particularly Harper's hair 🤦

What size nappies is everyone using? Tesco only had size 4's so we've had to move him up but they seem ok actually. Curious how many dirty nappies you get through in a day? He tends to go 2-3 times, usually after eating. Harper only ever went once every day/every other day so I'm instantly suspicious, but there's no clear guide online. 
  • Options
    I can't remember who it was said wait until you try parsnip but you were right. We tried to take it away after his usual 1/3 and he melted down until I gave in and he's eaten the full thing 🙈
    It was me! Told you 😂 Immy also cried when we took it away!

@Bluehawaii90 Immy goes once or twice a day usually but can go a day or two without now and then. So getting through 6-7 nappies a day. She’s in size 3 and they’re still pretty big on her so no intentions of moving up size any time soon. We use mamia mainly but when there was the mad nappy rush on, my aunt got us some pampers pants in size 3 and they fit alright! I’m constantly paranoid a poop will leak from the back or leg of them though 😂 

@Larat84 no teeth here yet, just the constant voting if and drooling and now and then she has flushed cheeks. I can’t feel anything though.
  • Options
    Leahs are just poking through...she still managed to leave teeth marks in my finger! 

She’s a lovely baby, she’s doing her best to crawl. Managing to get her arms straight and lift her bum so she’s on her knees but not together.

i do love trying her with new things. She ate a strawberry today and it was funny watching her. Cucumber was her first finger food and she loved that until her auntie made her laugh on FaceTime and she choked 😱 

We have just gone into size 3 nappies. I had a trail pack of pampers and they were good. Cost wise not so good so asda little angels we have. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 were using size 4 nappies from Aldi. We have a good few dirty nappies a day. It usually happens after he eats. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 we have 4’s to move onto after the last pack of 3’s are used. Hallie isnt quite the weight it says but her thighs are massive (deffo hasnt got my chicken legs) so that the fit of 3’s is a little tight! She generally goes at least once a day, sometimes its 2. 
  • Options
    Ah good, nothing out of the ordinary then! I'm still on constant red alert with him, even more so with this coronavirus going around. Every time he coughs im instantly like 😵

I think I've got a sinus infection. I was sweeping and scrubbing the patio on Saturday and since yesterday morning I feel like I've been punched on the nose and my front teeth are hurting with it too. Really don't fancy going to the drs so I'm just going to sit it out for a day or two see how I go! 

We're nowhere near crawling yet, I don't think anyway. Harper never crawled so I've no idea how it works 🤦 he can push up to army crawl, but he's such a little chunk I don't reckon he's going to be lifting himself anytime soon. 

Talking of weight, we found they didn't really make a whole lot of sense, like the newborn size ones only go up to 6lb or something silly yet they did both of my 8lb-ers just fine for the first few weeks. I don't think I'll be getting 3's again, I think places like Asda and Tesco do the big packs on size 4's 
  • Options
    @Witmore26 we did carrot first and he liked it but nowhere near as keen as parsnip and corn. The pear bombed a little compared to the veg!

@Bluehawaii90 Jamie goes usually once a day, sometimes twice, today he didn't go at all! He's in size 2 rascals at night and we're trialling the cloth through the day still, he's in the smallest setting for them and that's 2 days of no nappy rash so 🤞. Also Evie didn't crawl until 8 or 9 months so I'm not expecting any real movement soon. This time round I defo have a talker. 

@LivyLouby I only bought 2 pouches of parsnip and don't intend on going to the shop until the weekend so at this rate he's getting 2 days on parsnip instead of 3!

@Larat84 how did you react to the choking? I found I panicked more with Evie until the one day she was REALLY choking. Then I just flung her over my arm and smacked her back until it came up 🙈. Your mummy instincts kick in don't they!

Not Jamie but anyone any idea what this is? She's been scratching for a while and I assumed it was velcro on her bibs as she was always a bit scratched and bloody, however we've been using just popover bibs for a fortnight now as it turns out the blood was from her scratching these spots. Eczema flare up maybe?

• Options
    @Witmore26 Hallie sounds like Casey. I think all of his weight in his in his thighs. It's too cute.

@EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390 I can't tell from the photo if the spots are all the same size or not. If they are the same size, maybe it's heat rash? Im only guessing. Casey got a bit of what I think was heat rash the other day.

I think today is supposed to be the last day of nice weather for us for at least a week. That sucks!

Anyone with toddlers and up. Are they starting to lose the plot? The last few days John has been going mental. He's really hyper (more so than normal!). Think lockdown is finally starting to get to him. Long walk somewhere new planned for today, so hopefully thatll help. 

• Options
    Managed to get this photo of Evah you can see her teeth slightly 😍 
    she goes at least 2 times a day sometimes 3 and getting a lot smellier now trying different food, how does your babies poo look?🙈 Evah’s is always mustard colour an very runny! she’s in size 3 mamia but going into 4 once we have finished the pack, she also has chunky thighs 
  • Options
    @Loz27 Jamie's is mustardy too. That will all change with finger foods, or if you give Berry puree 🙈.

We got a new washing machine 2 weeks ago and the drum is broken already. It's defo not been overloaded because I don't let hubby near it. Fml - also Jamie's just peed all down my last pair of jeans
  • Options
    @JaneDC they're all different sizes but I don't know if it's with scratching. She seems to have it constantly there and sometimes just above her bum where her nappy sits. It's a bloody shame cause no cream we try works.

Yes we've been up since 7. Ive just been inside the washing machine drum trying to fix it and she's been rubbing my back the full time. It's pretty distracting and I'm supposed to give the company a ring to get it sorted but how do I do that with a toddler! She's been wild for a good few days. I joke that it's because of Venus the other night 
  • Options
    @everlynandjamiesmummy6390

she cleared it on her own quite quickly! She did vomit badly after it though. Leah also choked on strawberry which was more scary she sucked in munched up strawberry and as I was trying to unharness her she managed to clear it. The choking is turning me grey 😬

I got videos of her trying so this is a still from it, she’s on her knees and belly off the floor but her chest is on the floor. She’s been doing this for days but not going anywhere. I’m not sure how she goes to crawling.most babies don’t craw on their hands and knees but shuffle along. 

Any tips on getting her in her own room? She sleeps really well at the mo and has all naps on the sofa down stairs. She falls asleep around 7 and we take her upstairs 10.30 for bottle and then she goes in her next to me. 
  • Options
    @Larat84 maybe try and start naps in her cot, even grab a book and sit in the corner for a little me time while she's down to start with. Does she settle from awake already? We found that the first 3 nights were hard settling Evie (and just gone through it again after she developed an annoying cosleeping habit of lying across my face).

Night 1- she cried solidly for about an hour and a half, we went in every 15 minutes, the first time pick her up, calm her and give her the dummy, second time pick her up, give dummy and say nothing, then dummy and say nothing then just kept up replacing the dummy. Eventually she passed out from tiredness.

Night 2 - 45 minutes of crying

Night 3 - 15 minutes of crying

Night 4 she just lay down and slept. Obviously you need to go at her pace and if you have a crib in your room I'd not collapse it immediately. To start with she would wake looking for us at 4am or so and being tired I brought her back in with us til morning, but it was progress and eventually she went right through :). Honestly the only tip I have is to persevere as hard as all the crying is, you're letting them know you're still there by going in but also that they need to stay in their own room x
  • Options
    @JaneDC not sure she's going crazy, but I am just about. She's already watched Frozen and there's a cake in the oven that she demanded we made. She will not shut up, I mean it is constant noise all day. Evan naps more than sleeps now unless he's upstairs with hubby for the afternoon and even then she's noisy and just horrible today. Also, wtf is with all the wanting "snacks"? I got Babybels and crisps last Week as well as biscuits, and they're nearly all gone. Hubby is partly to blame for that too 🤦 does John nap in the afternoon at all? Harper is driving me crazy because she is full on all day up until about 4pm where she will go ratty and sleepy, refuse to eat her dinner and declare she wants to go to bed. Last night she went down as normal at 7pm but was still awake at half 8. She then shouted me because she "had a bad dream" except she hadn't been asleep, I went up and she had clearly been out of bed when I wasn't watching the camera and put her shoes on, got back in to bed because there she was with them on under her duvet. Just 🤦🤷‍♀️

So for today Evan has had 9oz milk, a bowl of banana porridge and 3oz water. He decided to be unsettled in the night again but he's really moving around today, so I think it's probably a leap to blame. I keep meaning to track them but never seem to manage it. 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 got her shoes on in bed just made me cry with laughter!!!! I’m laughing but know its all to come! 

I’m feeling really meh today. Its a day where I dont want to adult and I want to stay in bed. Then I remember I have a baby and can’t 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 John doesn't have a nap. He started drppping them towards the end of my pregnancy. I was annoyed because he had ruined my plans of having some peace and quiet when the two of them slept together :) only thing with John is that he def doesn't need a nap anymore. He  doesn'tget over tired, so we are lucky that he doesn't get cranky.

It's a funny age isn't it. Like Harper telling you that she had a bad dream when she hadn't been to sleep, prob just to get your attention.

John can be very bad with food. Some days trying to get him to eat something healthy is exhausting. If I want him to eat let's say a cottage pie, he'll be like"my eats lots of cottage pie", and then starts counting on his hand how many he's eaten justifying why he doesn't need to eat that and why he can have biscuits instead. We've had to be strict with him lately and not give him snacks until he eats something healthy, which can take hours and lots of tears . . . .  He's really small for his age, so paranoid that his fussy eating is playing a part. That's one of the positive things about creche, he's great for eating in there, because all of his friends are eating the same thing. 

I remember with John being so paranoid about choking. I remember feeling like my heart would stop when I thought John was choking buy luckily was just gagging. I calmed down when I read that babies gag reflex is more forward than an adults. Dunno how true it is, but made me more relaxed anyway.

@Witmore26 oh, we all have days like that. Especially lately where there's no real break. If you do get time to yourself, you are still stuck in the house. Not the same as being able to sit and have a nice coffee somewhere. 

We have to try Casey with a bottle this week, so he gets used to it. Want to make sure I can pawn him off when lockdown isnt as strict 😂
  • Options
    😂 yup were the same. If i say she can't have something she starts bargaining with me for something different. Today she's had a cheese sandwich followed by a bag of crisps but only on the condition that she ate the whole sandwich before anything else. Yesterday I gave her a sandwich, some grapes, blueberries and a babybel, she ate everything else before her sandwich and then played the "I'm full--can I have some pudding?" card. She's goes from eating nothing on some days to eating everything on others. Preschool do amazing food for them she eats everything they put Infront of her. I try making the same stuff, won't touch it 🤦

I'm still paranoid about choking and she's 3 in a couple of weeks. I still cut cherry tomatoes, grapes and obviously her dinner but even stuff like pasta shapes, spaghetti, and veg all get cut up or snipped with scissors. When they start eating actually food it's an all or nothing approach and you have to watch them like a hawk, the entire thing gets shoved in or or goes it one grain of rice at a time. 

Evan has just taken another 9oz milk, so clearly he's on a "please feed me" day. He's having 20-30 minute naps and it's really REALLY annoying. I spend most of my time trying to get him to sleep so I can do something with Harper and then either he wakes up or she loses interest after 5 minutes painting or play-doh. 
  • Options
    @JaneDC good luck introducing the bottle. I'm jealous you've got so far exclusively breast feeding. I still feel awful that I gave it up, all because I thought it would be too much to adjust my diet for a while!

It's funny hearing about John and Harper, I know this is coming to me next year. Evies stoked today because the bin men waved at her. She was up at her bedroom window for a good 10 minutes shouting 'byebye bidem' at the top of her voice to be fair so it's no shock they spotted her.

Jamie's just polished off his second pouch of parsnips and is clutching it for dear life, I don't dare take it away 🙈

I'm also glad it's not just our house going through a ridiculous amount of food! I've got a real spending issue and now convinced hubby we need to put them both in cloth nappies cause I can't deal with the bags of nappies in our bin. 
  • Options
    @EvelynAndJamiesMummy6390..........what do you do with the poo? 😂

With the cloth nappies do you have to line them or it is just get a clean one and pop it on?