Forum home Birth clubs Due in August 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in August 2021

Replies

• Options
    My exercise has been non-existant 😬
    I did SO WELL after my daughter was born and we went into our first lockdown; I started eating vegan and was exercising every day and ended up losing all my pregnancy weight plus another 8kg. I felt so good! And then the year dragged on and my motivation waned and it all went to shit 😭😭

I'm starting to feel a teeny bit more normal (I actually had a moment today where I was excited about something....which is an achievement because the last few weeks I have struggled to feel anything but flat) so I'm hoping to get out and about more. We live 10 minutes from the beach, so I really don't have an excuse to not get out and take the kids for a walk along the esplanade 🙈
  • Options
    @lozzz aw I’m glad you are feeling better. Keep thinking positive and push yourself to go out even if it is for only ten mins. I pushed myself the last few days and I am had I did and feel better when taking in the air. -8 degrees this morning when I went out to grab a naughty McDonald’s breakfast....couldn’t feel my hands after scrapping the car. Looking forward to a hot drink with my winter walk later then home for some home made soup. OH making sure I’m eating properly. Xxxx
  • Options
    Minus 8 degrees! Holy hell. I'm freezing when the temps hit the low teens! 🤣
  • Options
    lozzz said:
    Minus 8 degrees! Holy hell. I'm freezing when the temps hit the low teens! 🤣
    It went down to -10 seemingly late last night. Sick of it now xx
  • Options
    Sorry ladies, need to catch up a bit on posts! My scan was great! Little wiggly baby waved at me. Very active 😍😍 how is everyone feeling? My nausea is getting better each day. Mostly just bothering me in the evening as long as I take breaks to rest during the day
  • Options

So I was 9w1d but measured 9w4d
  • Options
    Yay @KristinO1987 so glad scan went well been thinking about you :) 
  • Options
    Are there actual rules when you need to tell your employer you’re pregnant? Nothing like that in the USA, although I didn’t tell my boss yesterday so we can start to plan my coverage while I’m on maternity leave for 3 months. I still haven’t told one of my sisters, but I told all my close friends who I talk to regularly 
  • Options
    @Eforbes how are you feeling today? Are your symptoms back? My biggest symptom is nausea and some days is almost gone and other days it’s there more. It’s normal for symptoms to come and go so try not to worry ❤️ My gas comes and goes. Luckily it’s only once in a while 🤣
  • Options
    @Dayna1234 working is so hard, especially during the first trimester! I was practically bedridden with my daughter. Idk how I would cope working in person this time if I had to. Somehow I managed with my son although I only work 3 days per week. How are you coping with work? Glad it’s the weekend 🎉
  • Options
    @Scotsmama lol about the wind. It can get painful! It’s best to let it out as quickly as you can or it can build up and feel like you’re in labor! When I was pregnant with my daughter (before I told him) I was so gassy! I didn’t fart in front of him but I guess he could hear it still 🤣🙈 when I told him I was pregnant and about the symptoms he said “oh I thought you just let yourself go” 🤣🤣 well I’m on baby 3 now and don’t hold in anything around him if I think it’s going to be painful. He thinks farts are funny 😒 
  • Options
    @Eforbes there are some good calculators online that you can search “due date calculators”. I like to use one that takes into account your cycle length, because that makes a difference if your cycles are much long or shorter than 28days. Since you are having a dating scan, that should help you get a better idea of how far along you are. I just had mine and I am measuring 3days ahead, so my due date is pretty accurate. Enjoy your scan! It’s so fun seeing baby 😊
  • Options
    @littlefig glad you’re feeling a bit better. I have been mostly off exercise since about 4w due to nausea. I did some yoga this week and want to start doing more of it. My sciatica is starting to act up so it helps to get my muscles warm and stretch out 
  • Options
    @Sj83 aww thanks. Been a crazy week. Work is picking up again and my daughters virtual school started back up so it’s been completely crazy over here. Glad it’s the weekend and still catching up on some schoolwork we missed during the week 😅
  • Options
    @lozzz is it frustrating when you’re getting healthy and something gets in the way. I just started losing weight again before this pregnancy and now I’m just gaining again. I was getting really healthy and working out a ton before the lockdown, but my gym closed and now it’s open, but too crowded for my liking. Starting back up on yoga since I’m feeling a bit better and it’s nice to move. Got so out of shape from laying on the couch being nauseous for too long!
  • Options
    @KristinO1987 aw look at your scan pic ❤. Amazing! Yeah thanks..trying to not worry about it. Boobs really tender again today and belly definitely feeling hard/bloated. Mood swings and the odd hot flash. No nausea at all however which concerns me as last time I had it really bad. Although we lost that one so 🤷‍♀️. Scan on tueaday so should know more than. Can relate on the wind front 🤣
  • Options
    @Eforbes so glad you’re not having nausea! Trust me, it’s a good thing 🤣
  • Options

So I was 9w1d but measured 9w4d
    @KristinO1987
    Hey there hope all is well 😊 I told you I'd pop in and check on you! 😊your ultrasound picture is so adorable!! 
    I'm one month behind you so I'll be joining the due in September group, Currently 4+5 due September 17th! 
  • Options
    @KristinO1987 aw your scan picture is so cute! I’m 7 weeks today but have to wait until 16th Feb for first scan at the hospital. Thinking of getting a private one booked in for sooner...not sure. Just impatient...want to see it on the screen. Did we all manage to stretch our legs yesterday? Well my winter walk yesterday was freezing! But lots of fun. DS was sledging so fast and crashed a few times...no broken bones so all good lol. Today will be a shorter walk and gutting my DS bedroom and ordering him a new bed. So I think that’s plenty of bending and lifting. Looking at nursery ideas for our box room. OH is painting it white today, horrible magnolia right now. Then once have gender scan in April then I will decide on the feature wall colour. He has spent all week clearing it out and the garage. Xxxx
  • Options
    Hi @Aplus so good to see you 😍 so happy for your September babe!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉 I’ll pop over and check on you once in a while too. Hope you have a healthy 9 months and are not as sick as I was 😊