Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

You are SO welcome SW2 x

• Options

Yay lyra walking well kinda she can but as soon as i notice she acts like im lying or going crazy haha no chance of getting a pic yet tho i am trying! 

Officially time to get out this house now yet another death trap has come up and the landlord wont do anything im just scared of having no where to go but cant stay here anymore it isnt safe for me or my girls xx

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you're doing well? 
    We've just started a new thread about child-free zones on aeroplanes (this is a real thing!) and we were wondering, what you made of this? Please do come and tell us on this thread over here. 

• Options

Hi eveyone, we just wanted to let you know, if you have a child aged 18months to 5 years, we're looking for some children to test (and keep!) some LEGO products for us. If you'd like to sign up to be in with a chance of testing, please head over to this thread here. 

• Options

In need of some advice guys!!! Dayton he has 8 teeth so we have been getting him used to the toothbrush since he was about 7 months... at that point I was more just letting him hold & chew on the brush rather than trying to get in there & actually brush his teeth as we were trying to just get him used it the toothbrush. 

Now though he is on iron supplements for anemia & it can stain teeth (liquid) so it says to be sure to brush teeth well. I am having a lot of difficulty getting him to even let me do 1 sweep of the brush... he clamps his mouth shut, cries, shoves my hands out of the way etc. I've resorted to holding his arms down & forcefully brushing just a couple of sweeps top & bottom. this is of course not ideal & will I know be counter productive as it's creating a neagtive experience for him but I'm at a loss to know what to do! If it wasn't for the iron staining I would just continue letting him chew on it for now rather than trying to actually brush yet but with the iron staining it's important to brush!

anyone got any advice they an share on how they got their little ones to allow them to help brushing their teeth?

thanks!!

• Options

Hey maybe try showing him you brushing your teeth and let him have a try at doing your teeth might be messy for you but it will take the fear away once they see you do it a few times he will want to copy 
    I no with lyra she watches me brush my hair and now she tries to brush her own doing it the way i do. 
    once he gets used to the idea he will be ok just takes time xx

• Options

Thanks sfw... I sit infront of him every time & brush my teeth too so he sees it's ok & have tried letting him brush mine... he thinks it's fun to brush mine but then still won't let me brush his!

I'm going to try a different brush & also someone else suggested just letting him hold my brush which might give me a few seconds to give his a quick scrub... that worked yesterday but time will tell if that's a long term fix! 

We've been doing since months & he's fine just chewing on the brush but as soon as I try to actually brush his teeth he goes nuts! I wonder if it's related to having his frenectomy (bad memories) as he is very against letting anyone even touch his mouth... I can't even take a look to see how many teeth he has... he clamps shit cries & thrashes! :(

• Options

Whoops! that should be clamps shut!!!! 

• Options

SW2.

Stanley is the same he doesn't like me trying to brush his teeth so I've resorted to letting him hold the brush and wiggling it when he's lined up to his teeth. 

At the moment it is especially challenging as he is getting some more teeth and they are really hurting so he doesn't even want to put his toothbrush in his mouth himself. I'm having to lie him on my lap and tickle him with one hand (just to get his mouth open) and do a quick brush with the other.

• Options

Thanks Annie! ill give the tickle trick a try! :)

• Options

Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about this quick competition we're running - all you have to do to enter is share a pic of your child in their Halloween costume! Then we'll pick a random winner! It's over here on this thread! 

• Options

Hi everyone, 

We hope you’re all doing well and managing to stay warm! 

There’s lots happening on the forum this week, and we thought we’d give you a rundown.

We’re asking you if you would let someone film your birth? That thread is HERE

Are/were you pregnant and struggling with a demanding job and finding it hard? That’s what one of our members is asking HERE. 

Did you or do you know anyone who’s had a c-section due to anxiety? Another of our new members would like to know HERE

One new mum has just started weaning and would love some advice on her routine for her 26 week old baby - can you help HERE

And this one might strike a chord with any of you who are already parents - this mum would like to know about your child’s habits with your phone/tablet - she uses it with her 13month old, but seems worried. You can find her thread HERE

And finally, if you’re bottle feeding (or know some that is) and would like to try out some anti-colic Dr Brown’s bottles for us, please come and sign up HERE

Thank you!

• Options

Hello lovely ladies, 

I hope you are all doing well.

I have some very exciting news to share with you all 

I took a hpt Thursday morning and it was positive!!! 

I still can't believe it! We are really going to have 3 kids. I'm a bit scared at the same time.

3 changes everything! Will I have enough time for the 3. Will one feel left out? I find it hard to keep up with the housework and laundry as it is how am I going to manage 3?! 

Sorry for that, it's so great to be able to share this with you guys.

I did some bloods already and my beta level is at 1300 for 18 dpo. I'm seeing my endocrinologist Monday for tsh cause it's very high and I'll ask for more beta level just for reassurance. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend every body 😊 

Anybody started santa shopping yet?

Sorry for the novel. 

• Options

FRENCHMUM! We have only just seen your post - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So, should we be posting you a link to the Due in July 17 thread???

Hi everyone else too! 
    We just wanted to drop by and let you know about a couple of threads…

The first is a great Lakeland competition where you could win £100 Lakeland vouchers. If you have a favourite Lakeland product you use, just snap a pic of it and tell us why you love it on this competition thread - it’s as simple as that!

The second thread we’re talking about is this very odd game for kids called Silly Sausage… you have to see it to believe it (or maybe we just have dirty minds?). Please do come and check out that thread here.

Thank you!

• Options

Congrats Frenchman!! That's exciting news!! 

As for Christmas shopping... I am mostly done! Not much to buy for the little man as family are getting him so much stuff! (& we're trying to limit it a b due to the upcoming move!). He got a little play kitchen for his birthday so family are getting him pots / pans, toaster, more play food etc... so far he loves the kitchen... he likes opening & closing all the doors & pulling all the food out! 

Im making him a little Christmas gift too... He likes playing with buttons so I've brought a load of different kinds of buttons to sew onto a cushion for him. Hope he likes it! 

Busy here apart from that... my book came out last month so trying to madly pro & sell as many as I can before the end of the year when I'm baving to close the business to get ready for our move! lint to be a busy few months coming up! 

How is is everyone else doing?

Here is a recent pic of Dayton... growing up so Quick!!

• Options

Hi everyone, 

We just wanted to let you know what’s happening on the forum today. 

We’re asking, do you have rules about how long your children can spend on tablets/phone/TV? If so, please do come and tell us on this new thread - we’re fascinated to hear. 

Also, would you like to win a Stokke Tripp Trapp chair worth over £250? To enter, all you need to do is a snap a pic and tell us about meal times in your house on this thread. Simples! 

Also, did you know the easiest way of seeing what’s happening on the forum is to click on Latest Posts? Do give it a try!  

• Options

Congratulations Frenchmum! I'm sure you'll find your way with 3 in time. I have lots of friends with 3 close together in age and their lives are a whirlwind but very happy and loving. 

Nearly done with Christmas shopping here too. I have to find suitable things for the adults in our families, despite repeatedly saying I want to stop buying for them. Now we have the kids I feel we should focus on them but my family don't seem to "get it" 🙄

Here is Wren recently. She still has NO TEETH! I expect all the other babies have teeth now?!

• Options

Congrats French :) thats great news we want another but I need a bigger home first 

I thought i was done with the shopping but found other things i need to get but not much :) 

Aw Lyra has 2 on the top and 4 on the bottom she went ages without tho then all a sudden they all came through 

What book is it SW2? xx

• Options

It's a children's board book all about our dog & Dayton! It turned out lovely with the illustrations & the feedback about the use of language has been great! I'll attach a pic of the front cover for you guys to see!

mrs Biffy... Dayton has 8 teeth now (4 top & 4 bottom) but my friends daughter is 10months & still doesn't have any either... they are all so different! :)image

• Options

We want another baby too sfw but are waiting to start trying until we have moved as I wouldn't want to fly pregnant after the trouble I've had before. We were due to go in January but it has now been put back to march so we'lol probably start trying again next summer / autumn