Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

September 2015 Toddlers

Replies

• Options

aw that looks awesome we defo want a copy if you ship to the uk :)

Its hard aint it seeing all the babies haha if i had my wish i would be preg all the time love being a mum but really hate that there is such a gap between my girls x 

• Options

My cousin had her second baby on 4th November so I'm looking forward to visiting for cuddles soon. No more babies for me! Pregnancy makes me too poorly and we have no room. Our family is complete. 

• Options

Hi everyone - we really hope you're doing ok? 

We wanted to let you know about this thread on the forum today - we're asking what are you buying your children (if you already have kids!) for Christmas and have they asked for anything in particular? Do come and let us know, we'd love to hear. 

• Options

Congratulations Frenchmum, such lovely news. I'm sure you'll be just fine with 3, the older 2 will be at an age where they will love to help out. I'd love another but with 5 between me and my partner I think we've done our bit for the population. 

Mrs Biffy, Stanley has 8 teeth and started getting them at the average age, however his big brother James didn't get his first tooth until 15mths ( I only remember as it came the Saturday I had Stanley so he was exactly 15mths) he now has all his teeth. they just seemed to all come at once. In one way it was good as he got all the discomfort over and done with in one go.

• Options

Hello everyone, how are you all doing? We hope you and your toddlers are doing really well - please do come and let us know and share any pictures! And if you wangle and black friday deals, please do share! 

We were wondering at what age did your baby start to crawl (And if they’re not crawling, please do come and let us know that too!) on this thread. 

Also, does anyone have advice for this broken mum - her 2 and a half year old son has gone from a great sleeper to absolutely berserk at bedtime - any wise words? That thread is here. 

And finally, did any of you suffer with postpartum joint/muscle pain? We have a new member here who’s feeling quite poorly with it over here on this thread. 

Thank you! 

• Options

Hello ladies,

My son also turned one last September hence my reply on this thread. He is doing well and growing amazingly. Recently, we moved overseas and I had to leave work. I am a proud full time mum. But I am facing a difficult stage of motherhood... where you feel insignificant but still grateful for being able to take care of my kid. I don't have friends here and my partner seems to be always working. I am unsure what to do with myself. I am generally happy but I feel like there's a battle going inside my head. to be honest, i signed up here to have someone to talk to who might understand what I am going through. mothers should stick together bec this job is tough. Feel free to message me. :) 

• Options

Hi geecee...  sorry I didn't reply to your post sooner... only just checked in & saw it. I really do understand your situation... I am also a stay at home mum who is living in abother country from all my family & my husband is in the military so is away a lot.

Its good to talk through how you are feeling. It's sad to hear how you are feeling insignificant when that is the last thing you should be feeling! I'm not going to lie... I've had my moments of self doubt & feeling like I'm not as worthy because I'm financially dependent on my husband for example (that has been my big hang up in the past) but I have come to realize what a SUPER important job I am doing right now raising my son & that I need to recognize the value in that. 

feeling isolated is tough... just do your best to get out there... go to local story times / baby groups etc & make time to spend with friends both with your child & also without (let dad take care of the baby for an evening & go out for dinner / wine / a good chat!). It's so important to try & take care of your own wellbeing too so that we can be the best mums for our little guys. 

Please do use this group to talk things through when you need to! We are all in the same boat trying to navigate our way through Mum life together!

• Options

Frenchmum... how are you doing with the new pregnancy?

• Options

I totally agree with sw2. I live in France and all my family is in Ireland  I have my mother-in-law and sister-in-law but they are never available when we ask. I know completely how you feel. Try to find toddler groups in your area or like here they are only open to childminders I go to the park a lot.  I always end up talking to somebody.  

Being a mom is hard! I thought it was me just not being organised enough so I'm glad to hear other mom's saying so. I went back to work in September so I get a break from them but up until then I thought I would go crazy! And when my husband gets home from work he says how tired he is but he gets to pee alone!! He even gets a lunch break! We clean when the kids take a nap!! (well not every time ;)). And now I'm back to work I have 2 full-time jobs!  Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed!  and like I'm the only one who can't manage to get everything done and have a clean house at the end of the day. And I'm having a third!! I must be crazy! 

Maybe it's my hormones. lol rant over.

As for how's the pregnancy, I'm a little worried cause I have not many symptoms apart from the tiredness and a little nausea. With my other pregnancies sore books was always the first sign and now they are fine. Not sore at all. I'm going for a first scan Wednesday because I asked my Gp for one to put my mind at rest. my first prenatal is the January 13th! I can't wait that long. 

Thanks for listening ladies. :)

• Options

Lol sore boobs

• Options

Oh frenchmum I totally agree!!! It is a full time job & it can make you feel like you're going to go crazy sometimes becaue you get zero break!! I felt the same way when my huaband moaned one weekend once because he wanted a lie in on both days of the wweekend because he works all week!!!! I was SO mad!!! I hasn't even asked him to get up at 0630 with the baby... I had done that like I do every day 7 days a week... I think it was about 0930 / 1000 & i wanted to make the most of him being rhwre so I could take a shower in peace while he watched the baby!!! & I get that he had worked 10 days straight but I thought well when do I blummin get my lie in?!!! 

Men eh?!!! 

Oh and to pee in peace! Lol... wouldn't trust be nice!! i always have an observer when I pee! The other day i was even having to 'fight him off' from trying to pull my panty liner out of my blummin knickers while I'm sat on the toilet!! & then when I'm done I have to do an acrobatic manauever to hold my knickers up with one hand while quickly putting the toilet seat down as soon as my butt is off it or else he's trying to go fishing in there! Lol! 

May least we can laugh about it though! & it is as you say, nice to know we are having similar experiences & feelings!! 

Let us know how your scan goes... I'm sure it'll be fine as you still have the nausea... although I only have the one little sprout at home with me I've had 3 pregnancies (2 mcs) & I can tell you that every pregnancy was different... lack of symptoms does not always mean something bad!  x

• Options

Hi everyone,

We wanted to drop in and let you know about some threads we’re talking about today.

The first is from a new member, she’s just pregnant and she’s wondering how is she going to fill her time until that big first scan at 12 weeks? How did you do it? Her thread is here. 

The next thread is about having your baby using the NHS - do you have any wonderful stories to share about the care you received when you gave birth? Please come and post them on this thread

Anyone got any sleep tips for this mum with a 7month old who just won't settle for his naps? That thread's here. 

And if you have any experience with postnatal depression, please do check out this thread here. 

Thank you! 

• Options

Hi everyone, 

We hope you’re all doing well in the run up to Christmas? Do come and show us your tree if you have one on this thread - we’d love to see it! 

Two threads we’re talking about today…

A new member would like to know, how should she announce her pregnancy? If you have any genius ideas or fancy sharing how you announced your pregnancy, please post on this thread here. 

Also, one of our new mums is having a tough time feeding her baby. Her 11 week old is bottle fed and suffers with reflux - if you have any advice, we’re sure she’d really appreciate it, on this thread here. 

Thank you! 

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you’re all doing well?

Some threads we wanted to let you know about today, and don’t forget you can see all the most recent chat by clicking here on Latest Posts.

Do you have any advice for a new mum about going from breast to bottle? If so, her thread is here.

Did you suffer with headaches during early pregnancy and if so, any advice with how to cope with them? That’s over here.

Have you heard of the Christmas 4 present rule for children? Apparently you buy 1 thing they want, 1 they need, 1 thing they wear and 1 thing they’ll read… Come and tell us what you make of that here!

And if you suffered with recurring thrush during your pregnancy, any advice for a very uncomfortable member would be great. That’s on this thread here.

Thank you, and please do come and let us know your news! We’d love to hear from you all.

• Options

Hi everyone, we wondered if you fancied coming and telling us about any Christmas traditions you might have? There's a lovely thread all about them over here and we'd love to hear yours.  

• Options

Hi everyone, we hope you've had a wonderful Chirstmas and festive break. We were also wondering if you've done any sale shopping and bagged a bargain? If so, won't you come and tell us what you've bought on this thread? 

• Options

Hi everyone, we wanted to drop by and wish you all a very happy new year. We also wondered if you've made any new years resolutions, won't you come and tell us about them on this new thread here? 

Happy 2017 to you all! We hope it's a very happy and healthy one. 

• Options

Hello!
    On the forum today, we're talking about women and mums having to cope with the 'invisible workload'. This means dealing with things like knowing when you're running out of toothpaste, remembering all teacher meetings and events at school, knowing which child prefers what, and those types of things. 

We were wondering, who does this in your house? Please do come and check out the thread here and let us know what you think... 

• Options

Hi everyone. frenchmum, we were wondering how you're pregnancy is going?  

We also wanted to ask you all, is it ever ok for a stranger to touch your child? Like, moving them out of the way, or tickling them, or is it just not on at all? Please do come and tell us what you think on this new thread here. 

• Options

Hi ladies, its been awhile since I replied to the sweet messages and encouragement. Holidays had been a little busy as I am sure you are all. i hope you all had a wonderful holidays. 😊

Anyway, me and my bub are doing very well. Of course there are still tough times that you feel insignificant but we mothers never gives up because we know our little ones needs us. So he has been my strength. 

My partner has been helpful but geez, sometimes I want him to take the iniative. I think men will never get it. I mean what we go through as mothers. But one day when we had a little arguement and I was browsing on my facebook, I saw this article which was written by a dad. It was amazing how much of what I was feeling... he felt the same way. Not super exactly but somehow my fears and doubts, it was all there.

i thought I'd share... http://www.nowborn.com/manifesto-unexpected-dad/ 

ever since I read this article, it gave me a bit of confidence that me and my partner are in this together no matter what. Hopefully it helps one of you that maybe has the same doubts to the father of their child. Hope you all like it. 😊